PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pts of Orc Hordeiness

Thorack
29-10-2005, 17:35
Hi all, here's my latest 2000 pt Orc list.

Orc Warboss
Drogs Dead 'Ard Armour
Great Weapon

Night goblin shaman
lvl 2
mad cap mushrooms

Orc shaman
lvl 2
Nibbla's itty ring

Goblin Shaman
lvl 2
staff of sneaky stealin'

20 Orc Boyz
Full command

20 Orc boyz
Full command

19 Big'uns (Warboss goes here)
Full Command
Spears
Shield

24 Night goblins (NG shaman goes here)
Spears
Shields
2 Netters
2 Fanatics
Full Command

4 Snotling bases

5 Goblin Wolf riders
Spears
musician

20 Black Orcs
Great Weapons
Full Command
Nogg's Banner of Butchery

8 Orc Boar Boyz
Full Command

Giant

TOTAL: 2002

As you can see thats a lot of models (125 to be exact) with an offensive magic phase. It's main objective is to get stuck in where the shamen can gain most power. I've forgone all shooting in favour of a great magic phase. It should be a really fun army to play with. :D

The only problem should be fitting it into my carrying case :P

Arnizipal
29-10-2005, 17:44
Seems like a solid list, so there's not much to comment on.

I'm not a great fan of the Staff of Sneaky Stealin' as it's one use only. Maybe you could switch it for a Dispell Scroll. Of course, this is just a personal preference. :)

Thorack
29-10-2005, 18:00
Hmm... hadn't noticed the staff was one use only. :D

I'll swap it for a power stone for that all important Hand of Gork spell. I tend not to play against magic heavy armies.

Just realised I'll be facing a stank tommorow :( . I was thinking that the fanatics to reduce it and the giant and magic could finish it off... hopefully...

Any ideas about killing the thing (it'll be a conqueror stank)?

Lord Anathir
29-10-2005, 18:18
solid solid list. Try if you can to boost the number of wolf riders. Cheap fast cav are great, and will come in handy. 5 wont be enough, especially against empire, they wll be shot down with ease. I count 5 big infantry orc units, 1 cavalry unit, 1 giant and the goblins. Thats a pretty big core of troops. Beware of being outflanked as ur army isnt too maneouverable. My only possible suggestions is maybe adding a chariot or two...

Lord Anathir
29-10-2005, 18:23
the idea with the stank is not to kill it, but to hopefully ignore it. with a faster army (like my high elves), i would deploy on one side of the table, force him to put it there, and use my high movement to move alot of my other units to the other flank...or something along the lines... REmember that you dont need to kill it to win the game. I doubt he will have a hellblaster on it, as it will increase the chances of misfire even more, he will probably have a cannon. Against ur blocks of infantry, remember that the cannon doest do that much, if shooting from the front it will kill 4 max...if it is a perfect shot, and if it doesnt misfire. Dont waste ur magic on it either....cast it on things that will hurt the empire player more. Protect ur giant from it. if it misfires a couple of times then you might of a chance of bashing it in with the giant.

Thorack
29-10-2005, 18:41
OK, I'll try and ignore the stank. I'll concentrate on the sqishy stuff (namel;y swordsmen).

As for the wolf riders, I have another 5 man uni with bows and a musician (66 pts). I'm not sure what I should drop though. Maybe drop a couple of snotling bases and the power stone on the goblin shaman? With the remaining 9 points I could get another 2 orcs. :D

Lord Anathir
29-10-2005, 18:50
the wolf riders are dirt cheap...if they die, they will at least divert a unit's fire from ur other troops.