PDA

View Full Version : 2k Nurgle

WhiteKnight
15-07-2008, 06:17
I've decided to go full on Nurgle for my Beastmen. The army list specializes in combat with some hard hitting and fast units with magic defence from my shamans.

Doombull:333
Mark of nurgle
Black Maul
Chaos armour
shield
Crown of Horns

Wargor:146
Mark of Nurgle
The Fur of Sharrgu
Heavy Armour
Shield
Hand Weapon
Dark Heart

Bray-Shaman:160
Level 2
staff of darkoth
dispel scroll

Bray Shaman:166
Level 2
Bray Staff
x2 dispel scrolls

Beast herds:112
7 gors 7 ungors
full command
2 hand weapons

Beast Herds:147
12 Gors 7 Ungors
full command
2 hand weapons

Beast Herds:154
13 Gors 7 Ungors
full command
2 Hand weapons

Bestigors:285
Mark of Nurgle
Full command
Vitriolic Totem

Tuskgor Chariot:85

Chaos Hounds:30
5 hounds

Chaos Hounds:30
5 hounds

Minotaurs:221
Mark of Nurgle
great weapons
light armour

Centigors:130
full command
shields

Total:1999

The main goal in this list is to smash with the non ambushing units, then get the upper hand by ambushing with 2 beast herds and 2 chaos hounds. By controlling the most of the board edge, I can get many victory points if I control the table quarters with no contestants. I plan on also rear charging and flank charging for nice static combat res. If I charge let's say, a unit of 20 grave guard. I charge them in the rear with a unit of beast herds and the front with my minotaurs. I already outnumber, negate ranks, 1 banner, 2 ranks. I have a nice static combat res of 5 and if I inflict enough wounds with the two units, I'll own that combat phase.

akgaroth
15-07-2008, 10:57
I don't think you can use the "ambush" special rule if your general doesn't have it. Being able to deploy minotaurs as core units + being able to ambush, that would be far too devastating :evilgrin:. And i think that doombulls can only be equiped with magic weapons (i'm not really sure, i have the 1st version of the army book, which doesn't have the erratas that followed up).

nasty_little_hobbit
15-07-2008, 14:00
Akgaroth is correct in both his points Im pretty sure doombulls can only have magic weapons;shame as theyd be nasty pieces of work otherwise.
If I were you I would remove the first beastheard unit and cut the gors down to 7 members each in the other two units and with the points saved plus the points saved on the doombull means you can afford a second unit of 4 minotaurs, much more effective in an army that cant ambush.
Other than that looks like a pretty solid list although I would remove the full command on the centigors and with any spare points get more warhounds to shield the minotaurs/bestigors or increase the size of the bestigore unit to 18.
Hope this has helped.

WhiteKnight
15-07-2008, 17:34
Yeah I just checked my codex and yes you're right about both points. Sorry I didn't catch that. So with the freed up points, I'll take out the full command on the centigors and add 2 more units of chaos hounds. I'm going to keep the beast herds because I use them to screen the flanks off of my minotaurs.

WhiteKnight
18-07-2008, 04:22
Any other comments??????????????

Kaotik
18-07-2008, 12:48
Aside from the points they already made on the items it looks ok to me. I think nasty little hobbit had a good option on the unit changes for ya though. I would try both depending on the opponent.