PDA

View Full Version : Do Games Workshop/Black Library still do comics?

NickT
30-10-2005, 02:01
Before I dropped off GW things, I remember there was a comic of some sort that used to come out. Do they do anything like that still?

GamesmasterZ
30-10-2005, 02:07
Was it Inferno...?

Sikkukkut
30-10-2005, 02:58
INFERNO was the short-story magazine, which did run a few comics, but the dedicated comic title was Warhammer Monthly (I think they changed to Warhammer Comic at some point after it went bi-monthly). Both of them got wound up at the start of 2005. There are still some special editions and stuff coming out to finish off things like Daemonifuge which got chopped off early, but I think that's about it.

Mikhaila
30-10-2005, 04:12
Nothing has been solicited for quite some time. A shame, as I really thought that they were producing some good stuff. The Kal Jerico stories were good, but the Titan stories were by far my favorite.

Baggers
30-10-2005, 09:10
They were stopped at the end of last year

Sai-Lauren
31-10-2005, 09:13
Yes, they're both no more, but the official reason is hilarious. It went something like: -

"The rest of black library is doing so well that we can't afford to keep the staff on Inferno/WHM, so they're getting pulled."

If the rest of BL is doing so well, you can afford to employ new staff.:rolleyes:

Crube
31-10-2005, 09:20
There were some decent strips in Warhammer monthly.

You should still be able to get some back issues from comic shops. I think even my local GW has a copy of an issue on the shelf still...

I got rid of my pile (issues 0 - 36) when i had a clear out of a load of old GW stuff before I discovered eBay (:cries:) Still, I got a Tau army box out of them...

Verm1s
31-10-2005, 10:27
It won a few awards, so naturally they dumped it without warning. :wtf: One of the bits I heard was that it was just Christian's little hobby that they indulged for a while.

Mind you, I can understand why they did drop it. It wouldn't have won anything in the state it was in. A few good stories were in the last issues, but alongside and before there was an awful lot of plain old stinkin' crap. The rotten apples in the bunch, as it were. We cringed at Hammerbildt, we wept blood at Deathwatch...

Crube
31-10-2005, 10:34
The ones I enjoyed semed to be the ones that got made into graphic novls...

Darkblade, Titan...

Catterjee
02-11-2005, 18:33
The third Daemonifuge story was supposed to be serialized last year, but I could never find new issues. I wonder if it ever saw print?

Son of Morkai
02-11-2005, 19:41
The third Daemonifuge story was supposed to be serialized last year, but I could never find new issues. I wonder if it ever saw print?
It did in the compiled graphic novel... I think...

I didn't follow Daemonifuge when it was serialized, but the latest graphic novel certainly seemed to be split into three parts.

CELS
02-11-2005, 21:56
I loved Daemonifuge, Titan and BloodQuest. Most of the rest were crap, IMO. I think they should have kept making it though.