PDA

View Full Version : Tourneys

Lizardmen
30-10-2005, 11:39
What was the most competitive army of lizardmen used in a tourney?
Using the slann and no saurus...
What is better in a tourney 2 stegadons or 1 stegadon and 3 salamanders?
5 chameleons 3 terradons and 4 kroxis or 2*4 kroxis ?
Help please and sory for my english....

Thorack
30-10-2005, 12:08
One of them is the 2nd generation slann with super fast scar vet and lots of skinks.

Don't expect to score very high on comp scores though.

Latro
30-10-2005, 12:10
What exactly do you mean by "most competitive"? If you are looking for the leanest meanest fighting machine that will get you the most victories, in that case the skink-heavy no-saurus-infantry army will make a good chance. If you are looking for the armies that will score best all-round, including composition, sportmanship etc, you would probably do better will a more diverse selection of units.

My rule-of-thumb for tournament armies (unless you're taking a thematic army) is that since you're going up against a lot of different armies, you'll probably do better with a lot of different units as well:

- so 1x 3 salamanders + 1 stegadon is better than 2x 3 salamanders or 2 stegadons

- several units of skinks + 1 or 2 units of saurus is better than all the skinks of Lustria in one army

... and so on.

If you are looking for Lizardmen army-lists that have been scoring highly in tournaments lately I can't help you, but I'm sure there are plenty Lizardmen players aound here that can.

:cool:

MarcoPollo
30-10-2005, 18:16
I'll have to agree with Latro, the more diverse the better chance of being able to deal with the myriad of armies you'll play against.

But it is good to remember to play with what is most comfortable for you. For me, I like the Salamanders X2, 1x3 or 1X4 krox, no stegadon, saurus cold ones and a big unit of saurus with shields only. No Temple guard, too expensive, and a Jaguar Saurus of Doom (JSoD). If I need 6 salamanders I can only take a 3rd gen slann.

These are my own preferences, they may not be yours.

Lizardmen
30-10-2005, 19:40
Yes, ok so you recommended to use various things like salamanders and stegadon and kroxigors etc...but mora skinks...right?

Savnock
02-11-2005, 03:54
Skinks are always useful- have at least 4 minimum-sized units, and at least two of those using javelins (I use all javelins, as it suits mobility better).

I find Stegadons to be a bit of a pointsink for what they do, particularly in a skink-heavy army where the stegs become the only viable target for war machines.

Salamanders are awesome, and always seem to pay for themselves either in shooting damage, flank guarding usefulness or hand-to-hand munching of opposing scouts.

I play an all-skink army, and do quite well with it, but other people don't like playing the skirmish game. If you play with an emphasis on CC, don't run a skink list.