PDA

View Full Version : Custom gunz

Exitas-Acta-Probat
17-07-2008, 13:57
i came up with the idea for this modified las gun and i wondered if anyone had thought of any other "custom weapons" that they might like to share?,

this is mine:

Exitas-Acta-Probat
17-07-2008, 14:00
type basic range b mode single accuracy - damage 2d6+5 shots 6 reload 2 weight 25

kaled
17-07-2008, 17:38
I think probably everyone has thought up a custom weapon for their characters at some point. However if you ask me, the interesting thing isn't the profile, but the background. Where was the gun made and by who? Why does the character carry it? Where did he get it? Is it a civilian or military model? And so on... The profile you've given looks okay, but it's just a bunch of numbers if you don't tell us anything about it.

Anyway, a couple of examples of custom weapons carried by my characters;

Inquisitor Kaled (http://www.kaled100.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kaled_mk2.JPG) carries a Naval Stubgun (or two) - it's basically a stubber with a smaller clip that does the same damage as a Naval Pistol. This type of weapon are common sidearm for Navy Officers. The model Kaled carries is a Eldonhouse NP-8 manufactured on Larenro IX. Kaled's custom chromed pair of pistols were given to him by his acolyte as a reminder of his days in the Navy.

My Ordo Sicarius Operative (http://www.kaled100.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/operative.JPG) carries a Needle weapon that has an optional barrel and stock, and so can be converted from a pistol to rifle in about four actions. It has a shot selector to choose between two toxins, and a laser sight. It was made by Lucius Atronenn, a famed weapon-smith sometimes employed by the Ordo Sicarius. Each weapon is unique and made to the exact specifications of the user.

Raxmei
20-07-2008, 07:07
Effectively a Triplex pattern jammed on full power with an undersize powerpack and biased for longer ranges. Powerwise not that big a deal. I'd personally be more comfortable using the C range bracket, since that's what most ordinary shoulder arms use while B is only used for some odd ones, but that's just me.

Storywise, what Kaled said.