PDA

View Full Version : who will end/destroy the imperium?

hippodude21
17-07-2008, 20:10
who do you think will destroy the imperium and why?
this is an argument me and several freinds have been on about since 5th ed release and before.

i think personally the orks as they are an unstoppable green horde who reproduce via spores so will not be able stopped easily.

post who you think will and why it can be as abstract or as complicated as possible!!
:D:D

Grimmeth
17-07-2008, 20:19
I'd like to say quite a few different races - but i think the most likely is probably the Imperium itself - would only take a couple of powerful Inquisitors to have a difference of opinion and the whole thing falls apart - especially if/when the Emperor finally does die (again).

Moriarty
17-07-2008, 20:23
It's immaterial who destroys the Imperium, the Orks will be the ones to stomp the remains into the dust. Chortling.

Grimmeth
17-07-2008, 20:26
Before stomping themselves into dust and leaving the galaxy a lifeless shell.

ankara halla
17-07-2008, 20:29
Well, only Chaos and Tyranids have the power and intrests to end all life (or in the case of chaos, to end all life as everybody else knows it...) so those are the only true threats to humanity itself (maybe the Necrons too, but they aren't after the destruction/corruption of all life).

As to the Imperium itself alone, I tend to agree with Grimmeth, Imperium is itselfs greatest enemy.

Moriarty
17-07-2008, 20:51
Before stomping themselves into dust and leaving the galaxy a lifeless shell.

Until the next spores sprout.

Chem-Dog
17-07-2008, 20:53
The little girl who got past the dread guardians within Tzeench's maze. And her dog.

TheDarkFlame
17-07-2008, 22:29
Undoubtedly the Imperium will destroy itself. Then again, that's assuming that the Void Dragon doesn't tear them apart...

Ekranoplan
17-07-2008, 22:35
Now by destruction of the Imperium do you mean destruction of humanity? Or the destruction of the governing body known as the Imperium?

I believe the Imperium will tear itself to pieces as the external threats continue to mount and increase. Out of this, though, there will be many smaller empires and countries and imperiums that form under the direction of inquisitors, generals, planetary governors, and so forth.

Some will have a relatively easy time, having to only worry about self-policing their own holdings, while others will be destroyed by some WAAGGGHHHH or the Tyranids.

Creeping_Death
17-07-2008, 22:40
It's immaterial who destroys the Imperium, the Orks will be the ones to stomp the remains into the dust. Chortling.

Until the 'nids come along and snap 'em all up! Then (as discussed in the background section) they invade the eye of terror... then things just get messy :D

Triggerdog
17-07-2008, 22:42
The Imperium will never fall for they have the most faith and resolve for their cause. Its like that old quote in one of the rule books: "No army can over turn the galaxy but faith can conquer the universe."

Through faith and determination mankind shall prevail. They survived the Horus Heresy and the Age of Strife along with countless other internal conflicts and will continue to do until the Emperor rises once more and puts an end to all conflict, both within and without, once and for all.

Ekranoplan
17-07-2008, 22:46
The Imperium will never fall for they have the most faith and resolve for their cause. Its like that old quote in one of the rule books: "No army can over turn the galaxy but faith can conquer the universe."

Through faith and determination mankind shall prevail. They survived the Horus Heresy and the Age of Strife along with countless other internal conflicts and will continue to do until the Emperor rises once more and puts an end to all conflict, both within and without, once and for all.

The only thing that quote means is that faith will be need to conquer the Imperium. For example, faith in Chaos, faith in the Starchild, faith in genestealer cults. An Inquisitor (or group of Inquisitors) could certainly try and topple the current Imperium with his own radical cult of the Emperor. Faith really is a double edged sword.

Eryx_UK
18-07-2008, 00:21
My money is on the Tyranids. At some point in the distant future, they will scour the galaxy clean.

LordKhaine
18-07-2008, 01:20
Well the answer is plain and simple

Chuck Norris!

But on a more serious case

Chaos

Chaos is ever powerful

Chaos can corrupt anything with a living mind

Lord Aulianas Darakathos
18-07-2008, 01:30
How about something without a living mind?

Necrons will win. It is... inevitable. Technically, they can't really die, so if you shoot one, it'll keep coming at you. And it'll keep coming, an coming, and coming....

There are only two things that can possibly survive the war. Chaos and Eldar. You can't kill a daemon, not truly, and the Necron are infinite. But.... they exist within the warp. They need it to exist.

The warp is emotion, thought, basically, the mind.

But what if the only things left had no emotion? No thought? No mind?

Face it, human: You have no chance to survive. Make your time.

All your base WILL belong to us.

vladsimpaler
18-07-2008, 01:39
Yeah; whatever helps the Necrons recharge at night...:rolleyes:

Or whatever they do. :eyebrows:

Sincity
18-07-2008, 01:54
GW , the way there going , they should destroy the GW universe in two or three more years.

Skywave
18-07-2008, 02:27
Tyranids will eats everything, leaving nothing behind. The Eye of Terror will then close because they won't be able to feed on humain (or Eldar) emotions. The Necron will then rule a galaxy of rocks as the Tyranid move out to another galaxy.

Sorry if that don't make any sense, I'm very rusty with my 40k fluff :p

TheOverlord
18-07-2008, 02:44
One of these threads will do it.

I am sure of it, the Prophetic visions in my dreams tell me so.

All hail the ever destructive threads of versus and who will destroy whom threads!

Feor
18-07-2008, 03:06
SImple, the Imperium will destroy itself, and humanity will survive as fractures nation states within the galaxy.

The Necrons will stay eternally stalled, Chaos will never destroy reality, Tyranids will be turned back time and again, Orks will be contained, and Tau will be stonewalled.

Why? Because we're human, and as much as a grim dark universe teetering on the edgeof destruction is an interesting escape, if humans were to be destroyed outright the universe would lose interest for 99% of everybody instantly.

vartemis
18-07-2008, 03:08
The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

Gozer will ask the Imperium to choose their doom, and some stupid guardsman will doom them all.

Mark my words!

j

Rylanor
18-07-2008, 04:09
i don't think it will EVER happen.

i read that chaos is supposed to be the consummate negative emotion of every living being in the universe coalesced into primeval, thinking forces... each warp god represents a different facet of those emotions, and all have differing agendas. it would be nearly impossible for Khorne to work with Tzeentch, because they are so different.

the orks... well... i mean, c'mon. seriously. wtf are orks even doing in space? it would be some kind of sick joke if the orks actually won. at anything. they are gonna devolve, back in to beasts. trust me. i know these things :P

the 'nids stand the best chance, but i'm sure that during the final battle, with Terra half turned into a hive beastie thing, the Emperor would appear, use some fancy magic, and everything would go back to normal....

besides... the Imperium is like, self perpetuating. even if it went away, it would be back in a couple million years.

muskrat
18-07-2008, 04:43
...(maybe the Necrons too, but they aren't after the destruction/corruption of all life)...

Um, i haven't played 40k in about a year and a half, so maybe this has changed, but isn't that pretty much the necron agenda? kill ALL life, in order to create an emotionless, pitiless cybernetic universe ruled by the c'tan?

that's like, their thing if i remember right.

Either way, it'd be Chaos or the nids if you ask me. The orks are pansies compared to two all devouring maws of gribbly goodness.

Alx_152
18-07-2008, 04:44
I think the Imperium will collapse due to internal strife. The remnants will eventually form a new Empire, after losing much ground to Orks, Tyranids and Chaos. But in the end the Tyranids and the Necrons will hav divided this galaxy between themselves, after which the Tyranids will leave and the Necrons remain.
Or GW will introduce a new race or alliance between the existing armies who will prove the undoing of the Tyranids and the whole thing stays the same.

AlmightyNocturnus
18-07-2008, 04:46
I was going to say only Orks or Tyrannids have the long term resources (warm bodies) to end the Imperium...until I read Rylanor`s post. What if the Emperor has just been recouperating all this time. If there was seriously a threat to Terra, mybe he`d just come back and lay an all-star, golden, smack down on whoever got to close. In that case, the Imperium could never fall.

Almighty Nocturnus

ankara halla
18-07-2008, 05:32
Um, i haven't played 40k in about a year and a half, so maybe this has changed, but isn't that pretty much the necron agenda? kill ALL life, in order to create an emotionless, pitiless cybernetic universe ruled by the c'tan?

that's like, their thing if i remember right.

The C'tan consume life. One of the big reasons they went dormant was the lack of life left in the galaxy (having consumed a lot of it, including a fair number of their own!). Now that there's life again, they've woken up to again consume it, but why would they want to end all life this time around if that wasn't a high priority for them in the past.

Knopfler
18-07-2008, 06:20
I would put my money on the forces of Chaos...they have a practically inexhaustible amount of vile demons to use in battle, and are fueled by burning fires of rage and the desire for vengeance on the Emperor who killed Horus. Presumably, they will not rest until the Imperium has been punished, and their cause settled. :D

Lord Martel
18-07-2008, 06:27
Well the answer is plain and simple
Chuck Norris!
But on a more serious case
Chaos
Chaos is ever powerful
Chaos can corrupt anything with a living mind

Except Chuck Norris of course.

StormWulfen
18-07-2008, 06:38
now about those assault cannons.... hehe but really i think it will nids or necrons it wont be chaos because even the chaos godsneed raw emotion to survive so as life is destroyed they will become weaker, orks wont do it because as they come across other ork horeds they will probably start fighting themselves and forget what they were doing, i think that at the end of it all humanity wont be gone but they will have there own "craftworlds" (maybe not called that):chrome:

lordbeefy
18-07-2008, 06:58
I third the Chuck Norris feelings.

Chaos cant do it, Chaos is negative to the Imperium's positive. Without each other, neither can survive.

Orks could not hold any alliance together long enuff to totally destroy the Imperium, they would fall apart to internal battling long before that happened.

Nids...well potentially they could do it, but the interests of all the other races, including the necrons (C'Tan eat souls after all), are that nids are beaten. So if the nids ever became that significant, there would be a united effort by all to defeat them, Orks, Chaos, Imperium, Tau and crons.

I dont think the Imperium will ever end, it will crumble apart, decay, fester, rebuild, renew and continue in this cycle as mankind evolves and adapts.

That said, if ever there is a vote on this sorta thing, I really wanna see another seige of Terra, the destruction of the Golden Throne, and the Emperor reborn to shake things up a little bit. Maybe even have him reborn early, weaker than he intended, but growing in strength all the time sorta thing.....for goodness sake, we need someone to pull the plug on that damn throne....who can we get that is strong enuff to do that one thing.....CHUCK!

TheDarkFlame
18-07-2008, 10:30
Well, you say that, but in the new rulebook it says that there was a dimming of the Astronomican, and 4 days later the Mechanicus found something wrong with the Throne that they can't fix... I'm guessing something simple like a fuse has blown or something.

x-esiv-4c
18-07-2008, 10:31
I imagine the Imperium collapsing on itself, we've seen the beginning of it already happen and with the impending attacks on all sides, I doubt the high lords of terra can keep it all together.

Havock
18-07-2008, 12:44
Games Workshop.

march10k
18-07-2008, 13:19
Chaos cant do it, Chaos is negative to the Imperium's positive. Without each other, neither can survive.

~chortle~

Foolish child, Chaos predates the dawn of the Eldar...before there were C'tan, there was Chaos. Chaos does not need the Imperium to further its existence...this human arrogance of an "empire" is but a brief footnote on the pages of history. This so-called god-emperor will be listed in an appendix in the back of a minor tome. Chaos will outlast ALL.

Azulthar
18-07-2008, 13:35
~chortle~

Foolish child, Chaos predates the dawn of the Eldar...before there were C'tan, there was Chaos.
Highly debatable. Especially if you mean Chaos in the form of Khorne & co.

TimLeeson
18-07-2008, 13:39
The imperium will awake their secret weapon : Chris Crocker.

But Chris Crocker will turn on THEM and kill them with his emo-ness "Leave the Xenos ALONEEEEE".

CasperTheGhost
18-07-2008, 13:44
Well, you say that, but in the new rulebook it says that there was a dimming of the Astronomican, and 4 days later the Mechanicus found something wrong with the Throne that they can't fix... I'm guessing something simple like a fuse has blown or something.

Yep thats the greates threat to the Imperium. The Golden Toilet doesn't flush :p

Casper

Fire In The Hole
18-07-2008, 18:00
Its difficult to decide.... orks will war on and on against....well anything that vaguely looks like its threatening
Tyranids will aways be back like biological terminators making the galaxy its sarah conner:chrome:
Khorne will fight slaneesh leaving them mostly out of the picture for galaxy dominnce.
Nurgle will afflict the galaxy with yet more disease(zombie plague anyone?) but I don't see them really dominating the galaxy
Tzeentch may finally complete its millenia long scheming and come out with a dominate-galaxy-quick-scheme
Necrons are the dark horse though, the ability to come back and never die(but are they actually alive?) they could wake up on the wrong side of bed, get moody and kill everything to cure its hangover.
Tau are too imature to dominate and both eldar races are too few in number to rule.
Void Dragon? You never know it might be friendly like the Puff the magic dragon.
Needless to say there will always be war, no peace it smells funny. Nobody will truly dominate the galaxy other than the imperium.

Nals
18-07-2008, 18:17
the imperium will probably just collapse on itself fracturing and then some new savior will come out of it all, a new emperor if you would, and reunite the imperium starting the cycle over again. that or GW will just destroy it, either way really.

yeldarb
19-07-2008, 08:48
yeah, the imperium will end up saying "Screw this, the Emperor's just a floating brain, over half of us turned to chaos and they seem to be kicking th ***** out of us. The Tyranids don't stop coming and well... Virus bomb Terra please !!!!!!"

Aekold
19-07-2008, 16:32
i THINK that. Tyranids will kill off the imperium. From some dark corner inte the galaxy they will come in even greater numbers. Its been told that we only seen the first tendrils yet. when the bugs come whit all they got. We are screwed. Imperium dies. And then Orks will come. Then the battle will be raging from one end of the galaxy to the other. Whit no sight of stopping. The Necrons will try to do their job..but will fail. there is simply to much nidz and orks in this galaxy. Chaos will try some too...then fade away. Cause bugs dont have "feelings" they only do it on instinct. and ork are never map either. They love war...no hard feelings :) Eldar will be wiped out too..or maybe float around at the cornes...tryin to survive as now. there is my point o wiev :)

El_Machinae
19-07-2008, 16:39
I'll say it again: overconsumption of nonrenewable resources. They're not on a fast-enough technology curve to overcome the fact that they use resources too inefficiently. It's the same thing which could cause our societies to flounder, if we don't adopt new sources of technology & energy before we run out of the wealth generated by the old sources.

Artein
19-07-2008, 17:35
The one who will destroy the Imperium of Mankind will be Emperor Reborn (reborn by Russ, Cypher or someone else, doesn't matter). Than he will gather his loyal servants (some SM, SoB, some IG, Mechanicus) and start Second Great Crusade....
It will be the beginning of Arch-Imperium of Mankind :D

WrYpoRrY
20-07-2008, 00:28
The Imperium or the Tyranids. Chaos hasn't managed to yet so they won't anytime soon (they screwed up their best chances, the heresy and the 13th Black Crusade)
The Imperium will eventually break up. Or the 'nids will just eat everyone. They're like The Flood in halo 1. To get rid of 'em, you've got to kill 'em all.

burning crome
20-07-2008, 01:01
the administrators when GW go's bankrupt! and women folk of the earth will laugh, and not give us any sympathy about what the hell are we going to do with five hundred+ bit of plastic and metal now. But it ok.Since we will have the last laugh when all are now free time is now spent on ridiculing big bother and pointing out all the spelling mistakes in heat magazine, driving them slowly mad(er).

Hierarch
20-07-2008, 03:05
For me it could be one of two things:

Chaos due to it being everlasting and there will always be people that disagrees with the Imperium and fuels the powers chaos. Also Tzeentch can end all life because it is he who holds the warp from overtaking the material realm.

or

The Emperor himself can destroy the Imperium. Think about it, he is the symbol of hope and will and if he goes it will not give anyone a reason to fight anymore because everyone looked up to him as a god or a great man. Though if he dies he will be reborn or the star child theory thing. Alot of xeno races will finally take the advantage and storm their way through to Holy Terra.

So thats my take on the matter. :D

Ekranoplan
21-07-2008, 02:49
I'll say it again: overconsumption of nonrenewable resources. They're not on a fast-enough technology curve to overcome the fact that they use resources too inefficiently. It's the same thing which could cause our societies to flounder, if we don't adopt new sources of technology & energy before we run out of the wealth generated by the old sources.

How could the Imperium run out of resources? They may not care about sustainability, but they have access to the most abundant source of mineral wealth out there: space. More specifically, asteroids and other lumps of material.

Plus I don't think the Imperium is too inefficient with their resource usage. I am sure there are many dedicated Tech Priests out there who recycle everything. The Imperium may not care for new technology, but their inherited a lot of great things from their ancestors. A lot of this equipment could be highly efficient, and they might have a lot of knowledge about using waste product for the manufacture of premium goods.

I doubt they would aim to develop more sustainable practices and work to improve their environment, but I think a lot of the technology they already have is just better then ours.

jma037
21-07-2008, 05:08
the administrators when GW go's bankrupt! and women folk of the earth will laugh, and not give us any sympathy about what the hell are we going to do with five hundred+ bit of plastic and metal now.

Quoted for truth.
As informed by a very reliable source, you have no idea how close this is.

DarkMatter2
21-07-2008, 05:37
I think that the Dark Age of Technology was humanity's "Classical Golden Age", the Age of the Imperium is its Medieval Period, and coming up is its Renaissance.

The Emperor and His realm exist to steward humanity towards the New Age.

battle captain corpus
21-07-2008, 10:29
The imperium will always prevail. ;)

Azulthar
21-07-2008, 10:49
Chaos, Necrons, Tyranids, Orks...they'll all push the Imperium until it pops.

I think Chaos will deliver the killing blow though, since the core books always depicts Chaos as being the biggest threat to humanity.

So humanity falls to Chaos, daemons everywhere. The Necrons and the C'tan could in theory oppose Chaos with their Great Plan, but the odds are stacked against them. I highly doubt they'll succeed. The Orks will prosper, as will the Tyranids, who I think will eventually devour the mess.

StormWulfen
23-07-2008, 09:31
this is where my theory comes into effect that horus never died it was his twin on the battle barge he is really making his way up the stairs to the golden throne but so far each time he has got up the stairs the gaurds ave pushed him back down again but this time the gaurds are asleep on duty so horus walks up to the emperor and shoots him in the face several times:chrome:

Dragonlv8
23-07-2008, 10:19
First theory, a very attractive young girl will arrive on Terra and the Emporer will think "I got to get in on that" therefore standing up, forgeting about the breach in the webway that he is sitting on and that he controls the astromnium.

2nd theory, the Imperium will discover the power of the force, the Emporer will get chucked out, we get the Jedi counsul. Space marines get annihilated by droid/clone armys led by Jedi.

3rd theory, George Bush the 24857384th...

4th theory, there is no 4th theory.

5th theory, Imperium counter attacks the Nids when they go on a wait loss program and stop eating worlds, upon the Imperium reaching the final destination they discover that the Hive mind is infact the Emporers Mum eating all the imperial planets. Every one is so shocked at this that every one kills each other and resorts to theory 2, the force.

thank you for reading.

StormWulfen
23-07-2008, 10:23
i prefer my theory:chrome:

forbin
23-07-2008, 14:22
Quoted for truth.
As informed by a very reliable source, you have no idea how close this is.

after the 5th ed ,even closer ......... scary but true

mind you some of us can club together and keep the Imperium alive on some god forsaken creaky web site ...

in the story line , the Greater Good will prevail. the star goods will see to it .....

Forbin

hippodude21
10-12-2008, 10:11
all awsome answers

junglesnake
10-12-2008, 10:40
Hmmm.

I think the Imperium will be its own down fall. Dissolusioned citizens rebel against the rule of the so called emperor who has not been seen by a normal human in hundreds if not thousands of years.

The fear of the Inquisition and the fact that an imperial citizen is not allowed to even question the emperor or his blessed ones without being chased down and killed as a traitor / chaos worshipper.

Heavy defeats and the realisation that most of the Imperial Guard forces could be equiped far better and thus be more than just cannon fodder. After all just how much battering can the standard Imperial Citizen take?

This sort of internal war will allow chaos and genestealer hybrid infestations to co-ordinate attacks along with whole planets who possibly deffect to the Tau Empire and aquire better weaponry.

genestealer_baldric
10-12-2008, 14:29
the emperor wakes up, he not a god its all been a dream, he just stacks shelves in the local tesco`s in sailsbury

Condottiere
10-12-2008, 14:40
That whimper you hear is Khorne, grasping after illusionary skulls.

RedStompa
10-12-2008, 14:51
The little girl who got past the dread guardians within Tzeench's maze. And her dog.

What was this?

Condottiere
10-12-2008, 15:01
Possibly Dorothy and Toto, or an aspect of Tzeench screwing around.

Giganthrax
10-12-2008, 15:15
Tyranids will eat everything in the galaxy, and will just move on to the next galaxy.

Necrons will, of course, be left alone in an empty galaxy, since they're made of metal and therefore not really tasty.

DarkMatter2
10-12-2008, 18:36
Tyranids will eat everything in the galaxy, and will just move on to the next galaxy.

Necrons will, of course, be left alone in an empty galaxy, since they're made of metal and therefore not really tasty.

Pretty much this.

I do not believe that the Imperium will collapse from within - its leaders are too mentally hard and prepared to do whatever it takes to allow massive uprisings to last for long.

Imperialis_Dominatus
10-12-2008, 18:49

Unfortunately, this. Nids just have too much of a Godmode. ZOMG ZERG RUSH KEKEKEKEKE-

Maybe they'll find a way to consume the C'tan. But, C'tan being energy beings and all... not too likely.

DarkMatter2
10-12-2008, 19:02
I don't believe that even if the Necrons pursued full scale war against the Tyranids that they stand much of a chance of stopping them.

SirSnipes
10-12-2008, 19:12
the necrons arrive andwake up the void dragon, there yurall ****ed now :P

Rockerfella
10-12-2008, 19:52
No, cos Calgar will turn up and belt the C**p out of the Dragon with his eyebrows, all the time yelling 'Whatever daddy can do, I can do better!!!!'

Yeah.....

Toramino
10-12-2008, 20:24
The imperium wont end, even if GW went bankrupt and decided to wrap up all their plotlines they would most likely end it with Marneus Calgar and his Ultramarines rocking up and saving the galaxy

Orkeosaurus
10-12-2008, 20:52
Don't forget that Marneus Calgar destroyed 200 Night Lords with a bunch of peasants.
Now, one guy with a machine gun can kill like 50 peasants, and a lasgun is like a machine gun.
Plus, Chaos Marines are as powerful as regular marines, and a regular marine can kill like a hundred guants.
Also there are like a trillion guardsmen, so according to math:
50 x 100 x 1,000,000,000 = 5,000,000,000,000 Tyranids killed by Marneus Calgar. And that's assuming he doesn't get mad.
NOONE CAN SOTP HIM!!!!

Rockerfella
10-12-2008, 21:02
Don't forget that Marneus Calgar destroyed 200 Night Lords with a bunch of peasants.
Now, one guy with a machine gun can kill like 50 peasants, and a lasgun is like a machine gun.
Plus, Chaos Marines are as powerful as regular marines, and a regular marine can kill like a hundred guants.
Also there are like a trillion guardsmen, so according to math:
50 x 100 x 1,000,000,000 = 5,000,000,000,000 Tyranids killed by Marneus Calgar. And that's assuming he doesn't get mad.
NOONE CAN SOTP HIM!!!!

Yeah, how can I forget that. As long as Miss Clagar lives, so does the Imperium. Simple as that really.

;)

Ubermensch Commander
12-12-2008, 19:01
Only the Imperium can beat the Imperum. Every one is too chumpy to do it:
Chaos: Please, been failing to get out the Gate for the last several millenia. Cut yourselves emo marines, and stop crying
Necrons: ahhhh being made of the essence of failure itself. Apart from poorly conceived plot and execution, these are the beings who were whooped by the Old Ones, got tricked by Giant Space Leeches, then the aforementioned Leeches EAT one another, followed by LOOONG nap while their enemies the Eldar ruled the galaxy. hmmm hahah. no.
Eldar: Had their shot. Bye bye.
Tau: Small fish, big pond. Big fish, little pond. Will get crushed and their own idealism will likely help it along when someone realizes they are being played for fools and starts an internal revolution
Tyranids: Been stopped so far, won't be doing succeding in the foreseeable future.
Orks.: Hahahahahhaahhahaha....hahaha.hahahahahhahah.....h a..ow my sides.
Apart from a REALLY nice new codex, the Orks are a plague, but not much else. An infestation shows up, you apply flamer, you move on.

Harwammer
12-12-2008, 19:12
Why does everyone say necrons will survive the nids? Everyone needs a bit of iron in their diet :D

laudarkul
13-12-2008, 08:26
Necrons are a minority; as numbers are much more under Eldar's...Orks and tyranids are vermin, plus they are fighting...Dark eldars?Wtf?...Chaos it will consume himself (it is going to be funny when papa nurgle will have a grudge with khorne :skull:)...Tau? They begin to have problems with tyranids and orks plus they have the UM on the frontier, so they face extinction or protectorate:chrome: and let's not forget that they have a secession and chaos did not taste them yet.
The Imperium it is going to last forever. Why? The number and tenacity plus the Inquisition and Emperor reborn+his sons

Bunnahabhain
14-12-2008, 15:52
In context answer: Internal strife in the Imperium

More likely answer. Credit crunch bankrupting GW in its current form, and the new owners of the IP changing stuff, possibly by means of proofreaders.