PDA

View Full Version : 1000 pt Dwarf Army vs 1600pt

NiteFall
18-07-2008, 16:45
Well, here me out...im a noob and currently in a 1000 ot army campaign and i missed a weekend and in doing so my capital was taken over by lizards and now I cant produce anymore banners. So, retake the capital I must but in doing so it has has been fortified by the LMen and he has allied with the DE's. So im looking at a 1600 pt army with 2 DE Bolt throwers, yay for me!! I am only limited to so much guys cause my army is still in the collecting phase. So far I have 3 Skull Pass dwarf sets, organ gun and a bolt thrower(will be buying 1 or 2 more of these). I also capture 100pts of Night goblins earlier Here's my list....if you got any comments give me a shout out.

Heroes

1 Thane
- Shield,RofStone,RofStriking 82

Core

20 Warriors
- FC, Shields 205
19 Longbeards
- FC, Shields
- (Thane In This Unit) 253
10 Thunderers
- Musician 145
10 Thunderers
- Musician 145

Special

20 Miners
- FC 245
2 Bolt Throwers
- Engineer 105

Total 975 25pts left to spend

* Remove 2 Vets, Replace w/extra Bolt thrower?
* Remove 3 Vets, Replace w/ Dragon Slayer?
* Shields to Thunderers; Add More Runes?
* Best Tactic To winning this mess?

NiteFall
18-07-2008, 18:04
Need Some Help Peoples

"In gnomril we trust"

AFoolProofPlan
18-07-2008, 21:22
Heroes

1 Thane
- Shield,RofStone,RofStriking 82
I understand this is a smaller point game? Try MroGromril, and GW. 1+ save and S6. Thane of Pain will be great too, but he's little more expensive.

Core

20 Warriors
- FC, Shields 205
19 Longbeards
- FC, Shields
- (Thane In This Unit) 253
I like to use unit champs, but if you think about it, you're paying 8 extra pts for 1 more attack on a guy who'll die just as easily as anyone else in the unit. I would also suggest having the Thane in the Warrior unit. At low point game, longbeards will do quite well on their own. WS5, S4, and 3+ save is nothing to sneeze at. Whereas your warriors will have difficult time wounding above average things.

10 Thunderers
- Musician 145
10 Thunderers
- Musician 145
Definately go for shields. 4+ save with T4 means S3 troops have less than 17% chance of wounding and bypassing the armour.

Special

20 Miners
- FC 245
Are these guys a combat block or warmachine hunters? For warmachine hunting you'll never need more than 8 or so, with no upgrades. As for CC blocks. There are better choices.

2 Bolt Throwers
- Engineer 105
RoPenetrating would be nice here.

Total 975 25pts left to spend

* Remove 2 Vets, Replace w/extra Bolt thrower?
* Remove 3 Vets, Replace w/ Dragon Slayer?
he'll make a good warmachine guard, but other than that, I don't find Slayer lords to be that great.
* Shields to Thunderers; Add More Runes?
* Best Tactic To winning this mess?

How is your opponent playing his list? You have a great deal of shooting, but only couple blocks for CC.

NiteFall
19-07-2008, 01:01
As far as the Miners go i was gonna go machine hunting to distract the DE Bolt throwers so they arent pouring rain on me....as far as his army list is going he jus kept mentioning spells, and skinks all day running around my blocks and flanking me. Im jus limited on my troop choice which does suck but if i lose tomorrow im out of the tournie so I at least wanna put up some good fight.

AFoolProofPlan
19-07-2008, 06:57
Bah!, magic and skinks.
Magic, I'm not so worried about. I doubt there will be more than 2 lvl 2 mages. So that'll be 6 PDs at most. So your 4DDs should do ok.

As for skinks, they worry me. Being skirmishers, and having poison blow darts, AND having greater movement value than Dwarfs. It'll be hard to take care of them.
Even shooting won't do a whole lot, since they're skirmishers. Although, Thunderers would be hitting on 4s when they're up close, so they should do ok. And yes, definitely take shields on your shooters if points permit. Against things like Skinks, and basic elves, T4, and 4+ save is awesome.

Organ Gun would be a great addition too. Not hitting on BS, and S5!, but I understand you're limited on your troop choice.

As for the Miners. If you want them to just hunt warmachines, take 8ish. Against T3 pansy elf crewmen, your S5 GW will be more than enough to take them down. I don't remember how many specials you get at 1k, but try splitting the unit into 2 units of 10 with no Command if you have enough slots. That way, you'll have more chance of them popping up on turn 2, and should something go horribly wrong, you'll have a 2nd try.

NiteFall
19-07-2008, 23:18
Battle Report: I got raped.....skinks came from around back took out my 10 warriors guarding bolt throwers....4 skink priests...meteors holy crap....2 DE bolt throwers on me...it was completely frustrating and i had the local "KNOW IT ALLS" going you should have doen this and that blah blah blah.....and 4 salamanders WTF!!!! for being a noob i can say im def not looking forward to fighting lizardmen again...luckily my commander escaped capture but suffered old war wounds (-2 I) but i have a GW o well......i have alot to learn and placement is everyhting.....thanks for the help man...i did we the 150 point transport derby for 40k with my Wave Serpent and Fire Dragon Exarch driving it....$50 bux worth of games workshop...go Eldar lol