PDA

View Full Version : question about skirmishers' double pace

gorenut
30-10-2005, 18:18
Are skirmishers moving at double-pace essenstially the same thing as marching? I know skirmishers can always move at double-pace but sometimes words can change meanings in the rule.

My query is pertaining to pirate zombie rat swarms who count as swarms/skirmishers. The laws of undeath require a unit to be within 12 inches to "march" but does this also count for non rank and file units?

god octo
30-10-2005, 18:30
I believe that skirmishersa can always march move, even if 8in near to an enemy. I hope that solves your problem.

Atrahasis
30-10-2005, 18:34
The clarification given for Tomb Swarms was that they cannot double pace, so I would assume the same applies here.

chivalrous
30-10-2005, 20:40
The clarification given for Tomb Swarms was that they cannot double pace, so I would assume the same applies here.

I've not seen the rules for Pirate zombies but I would have thought that the rat swarms would NOT be allowed to double pace unless they had the ALIVE rule.

gorenut
31-10-2005, 03:01

Thanks. I think this would be accurate for the rats as well.

empireerik32
03-11-2005, 23:19
i also think skirmishers can alwasy move to

WLBjork
04-11-2005, 06:41
IMO, this needs to be FAQ'd.

Remember that the Banshee is always allowed to move at double M, regardless of being within 12" of the General or not.

mageith
04-11-2005, 15:14
Are skirmishers moving at double-pace essenstially the same thing as marching? I know skirmishers can always move at double-pace but sometimes words can change meanings in the rule.

Skirmishers do not double pace anymore. Now they march. A careful reading of 114 will reveal that double space is no longer a rule. Read especially "Move as Skirmishers". Also note the sentence: These rules "officially replace everything else that has been said on it (these questions)". I believe that sentence encompasses previous Q&A as well as previous rules.

My query is pertaining to pirate zombie rat swarms who count as swarms/skirmishers. The laws of undeath require a unit to be within 12 inches to "march" but does this also count for non rank and file units?
Only specific exemptions may march outside the general's radius. Are skirmishers specifically exempted?

Mage Ith