PDA

View Full Version : I smashed my TV last night

sigur
23-04-2005, 06:24
..unfortunately I can't tell you that it was an act to escape the brain liquifying tv program, rebellion or an artist performance for a big crowd. It just fell to the ground and made some hell of a noise when the glass broke (it was 3a.m.). And there's LOTS of glass in a tv. Have you ever seen how thick those glass screens are?

Funnily enough, just when I got rid of the fragments of the screen, they're played a song on the radio called "smash your TV". Just another evidence that the world likes to make fun of me. ;)

glimli
23-04-2005, 06:28
ummm why, couldnt you have sold it or if tghe concept of trade offends yout artisitc sensiblities given it to someon poor you know. pretty stupid thing to do. or did it break by accident?

sigur
23-04-2005, 06:37
It was an accident. :)

As I said above, I'd liked to make it at least an artistic or subversive act, but it was just an plain ol'dumb accident.

glimli
23-04-2005, 06:45
well maybe if you mounted the wreckage on a pedastel and draped it with a half burnt american flag you might be able to sell it to an art gallery as a "condemnation of the pervasiveness and insidiousness of american culture". should easily cover a plasma screen if you know the right lefty whackos.

sigur
23-04-2005, 06:57
As I'm offering pieces of art with all of them including half-burnt US-flags almost every week, the market is quite satiated. Some of my "lefty wacko" friends don't even open the door any more when I'm ringing.

But an interesting idea nonetheless.

glimli
23-04-2005, 07:02
thats whats happens when you refuse to acknowledge supply and demand and other evil capitalist notions :)

sigur
23-04-2005, 07:12
Yeah, it's also quite a problem that I burn all the money right after getting it.

Marsekay
23-04-2005, 07:32
When i was a kid, me and a friend had this facination with smashing stuff, we smashed up a crapload of Star wars toys back then, man i wish we hadnt.

We smashed all sorts, then we asked this guy for a broken TV to smash, and they said it was fine, till some bright spark said it had mercury in it, and we might poison ourselves.

Never did get to smash it after that....

Could have made a game out of it, "SMASH TV"

Oh wait, there is a game called that...

Brother Munro
23-04-2005, 09:42
Well done! Now you can buy a new one :D perhaps even one without glass to guard against such things heppening again? ;)

Drabant
23-04-2005, 10:11
Good for you, as long as you don't buy a new one. When you come to think of it, TVs are quote pointless, don't you agree? Without a TV you will probably save hours each day that you can use for reading, listening to music or *gasp* going outside.

arxhon
23-04-2005, 15:45
Put a fishtank inside it!

Seriously.

I've got a small tv that i bought for $10 once, guttted it and put a fishtank inside it. Additionally, i don't have TV piped into my apartment by choice. The fish are more entertaining. :D

The boyz
23-04-2005, 21:41
I once smashed up a computer that has quite a thick screen aswell.

Asher
23-04-2005, 21:50
Yeah, don't buy a new one. Smashing the TV is one of the best things that can happen to you these days.

And the fishtank is a good idea.

scrubout
23-04-2005, 23:53
I have to agree with Drabant, arxhorn, and Asher. Fish tanks are pretty, and tv's are pointless... ;) . After a recent move, my two homes (divorced family) both do not have cable anymore. Before this I was watching way too many pointless shows and programs on tv. After being away from tv for a couple months you begin to realize just how silly it is. Granted, there are some stations/programs worth watching. I personally enjoy the History channel every now and then (sometimes with what they say taken with a grain of salt) and the PBC...public broadcasting channel. I can't help but shake my head and sigh when my friends are so wrapped into watching pointless crap like American Idol, Real World, and just MTV in general; or their parents glued to stations like CNN...*blegh*. And while I was in vacation in Texas this last winter there was nothing to do but watch tv...it was two weeks of absolute torture...and trust me, when your from California, Texas is nothing special and really not that 'big'.
Anyway, sorry for the rant, I just hope it was informative!

-peace out
scrubout

MoRmEnGiL
24-04-2005, 05:30
sigur,television is the source of all evil.. consider your self lucky in your bad luck :P

Archaon
24-04-2005, 09:09
I recently "upgraded" my TV to a new 16:9/82cm Screen and suddenly my urge to launch my X Box controller through the TV because i failed at a game for the millionth time has extremely dropped :rolleyes: :D

But you had luck..all those sharp edges and you weren't injured. But one advice..tell the people you shot at it with a .45 because of bad shows. Just falling on it is kinda lame :D :D

Frodo34x
24-04-2005, 09:14
I personally am too busy on the internet to watch TV...

Lostanddamned
24-04-2005, 10:46
I need a tv to paint, my painting is tonnes better when i do it watching martial arts films, still no idea why.

Drabant
24-04-2005, 12:47
My painting is usually better while looking at the miniatures instead of TV. But music meanwhile is must, or the silence will drive me insane.

Reabe
24-04-2005, 12:56
Fish Tank, Fish Tank, FISH TANK!

Seriously, it's a good idea. And while we're on the subject, my time is taken up by listening to radio/music on my computer or Internet. I barely watch T.V, except for The Simpsons, the new Doctor Who series and Have I Got News For You. (Polictical quiz show. A different presenter and two panelists each week. It "pwns" all other quiz shows. Except maybe "Never Mind the Buzzcocks".)

Also, after having not bothered to watch television for a long while I can see the utter rubbish of what is put on it!

sigur
24-04-2005, 15:41
I was really a bit worried about my health because parts of the smashed glass turned to really, really fine dust and I was a bit afraid to get it into my lungs when I cleaned up the room.

Earlier today I thought that I just HAVE to get another tv, but then I joined my sister in watching Paris Hilton and her sister on MTV for a few minutes and was already in the mood to crush another tv. :D

Okay, some programs are nice to watch (like the news, some political broadcasts, documentaries, movies, etc.), but maybe a time without tv will also strenghten my concentration again. I recently realized that I can't concentrate no ANYTHING. I'm not saying that it's the tv's fault, I just noticed.

@Drabant: You're right, I'll be just listening to music or the radio. Silence drives me insane too.