PDA

View Full Version : question about fenbeasts

Captain Hook
31-10-2005, 00:00
While i was making a list with the army builder i notice something about the fenbeast rules.It said that the fenbeast is a single model.Is this right or just an error of tha program?If your answer is yes this means the fenbeast follow the rules of the sigle models(360° degrees visual;-1 to enemy shooting etc.etc.)?
Thanks in andavnce to all the ones who answer to my questions.
To the others..thanks anyway!!!:D ;)
Harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr cheers to all!!!:D :D

Keller
31-10-2005, 02:38
Yes, Fen Beasts are single models. However, you are over-applying the rules of skirmishers to them. Only single models on foot that are mounted on 20-25mm bases are classified as skirmishers when alone. Things mounted on larger bases, such as the 40mm the Fen Beast, Ogre, etc are on are classified as monster. Monsters move/act the same manner as any other unit.

Single model, yes. Skirmisher, no.

The Judge
31-10-2005, 19:12
Just like an Ogre Kingdom hero, it has a line of sight restriction, and is slowed by terrain. Dunno about targeting rules though... I suppose it could hide at the side of a unit.

Keller
31-10-2005, 19:33
Dunno about targeting rules though... I suppose it could hide at the side of a unit.

Only characters can make use of the targeting restrictions (those being you cannot single him out if he is near a unit and there is a unit closer to shoot). However, keep in mind that you can only claim this if the unit is of similar size (an ogre cannot hide behind Gnoblars), but since the Fen Beast is just a monster, he cannot claim this rule anyway.

samw
04-11-2005, 00:32
However, keep in mind that you can only claim this if the unit is of similar size (an ogre cannot hide behind Gnoblars)

Actually that's not true. An ogre cannot take advantage of the 4" rule for being near gnoblars, but he can hide behind them and cannot be targeted.

Keller
04-11-2005, 19:30
Actually that's not true. An ogre cannot take advantage of the 4" rule for being near gnoblars, but he can hide behind them and cannot be targeted.

Well, I assumed that rule, as units block LoS to all other units except Large Targets, and of course Small units, such as Tomb Swarms which may be shot/seen over. I simply meant you can't claim the special shooting rules for being veissible but near them.