PDA

View Full Version : Dead Sky, Black Sun: Honsou's titans?

Shadowphrakt
20-07-2008, 22:50
For those in the warseer community that have read the book "Dead Sky, Black Sun" by Graham Mcneill, I post a question:

What are the titans that guard the gate to his "inner sanctum" or whatever it is?

I just want to know as i'm building an Iron Warriors force based on Honsou's force there, and want to build a titan for apocalypse.

I'm guessing they're Reavers, seen as the combined firepower of both take down a Warlord, and they might be a bit small if they were Warhounds.

WarBoss PuG
20-07-2008, 23:53
Yeah my guess they were Reavers but you never know with Iron Warriors. Cud be one of there own crazy warsmith's inventions or even a lost titan class. Mars was out of contact with Terror all through the age of Strife. After the warp storms died down they made contact again an Mars had created the titan legions. Lots of prototypes etc then just b4 horus attacked Terror they had Mars on there side an they cud of pocketed a few on board there ships with them to storm Terror... cud be anything. But id go with the reaver!

Whats in ur half breeds army?

Shadowphrakt
21-07-2008, 00:25
Yeah my guess they were Reavers but you never know with Iron Warriors. Cud be one of there own crazy warsmith's inventions or even a lost titan class. Mars was out of contact with Terror all through the age of Strife. After the warp storms died down they made contact again an Mars had created the titan legions. Lots of prototypes etc then just b4 horus attacked Terror they had Mars on there side an they cud of pocketed a few on board there ships with them to storm Terror... cud be anything. But id go with the reaver!

Whats in ur half breeds army?

Oooh! Funky new Titan variant! My half breeds army is a lord, representing Honsou, a Daemon Prince, representing Onyx, will be a normal sized SM. Then theres a shed load of Iron warriors about 5 squads of 10, and a squad of Chosen, being the Chosen of Honsou. Then a vindicator and Defiler and a squad of Havocs, with 2 autocannons and 2 lascannons.

Axyrus
21-07-2008, 01:02
Please post images of your titan when it's done. I'm currently working on a Warhound titan (going to post some images up very soon). It's my second attempt - the first was alright but rather out of scale, however this one is a lot more ambitious because it's the Mars Pattern as opposed to the standard Wolf Class. this meant curving bits of plasti-card and many burnt fingers in the process. All good fun though in the end.

Axyrus

Chem-Dog
21-07-2008, 01:55
OOh, a second Honsou book, that passed me by, I'll have to pick it up. He's one of 40K's best Anti-heroes.

Actually I've been toying with the idea of a small IW force for some time.....

Ddraiglais
21-07-2008, 03:45
I would guess either warlords or reavers. I would also venture that they were from Legio Mortis since that's the legion from Storm of Iron. FYI, their colors are red and black with white trim (I've seen bronzish/brass trim too).

Since you are doing an army based on Honsou, I thought I'd mention that there is a Honsou miniature if you didn't know. Ebay might be the only place to get it. I forget what it's called, but it has Honsou fighting Captain Ventris . It's from Black Library. It's not the greatest miniature, but it does have Honsou.

edit: It's called "Uriel Ventris Diorama"

http://www.blacklibrary.co.uk/product.asp?prod=99110199010&type=Merchandise

pox
21-07-2008, 05:44
awww man, I picturing a siege titan. I'd use the old chaos reaver as inspiration. have a tail with a gun, another gun on the back, with a huge breech drill in one hand, and a corvus assault pod in the other. (it was a titan cc weapon that held marines, it would punch through the hull of other titans, and the marines would rush in and wreak havoc.)

man, just thinking about this is making my mind drool. make him a bit shorter and stockier than a standard reaver, and thicken up the armour. (kinda like how much beefier the vindicator looks compared to a rhino, same idea.)

this has a million good modeling ideas, and some fun apoc rules ideas. (fighting INSIDE your opponents titan for control!!!)

alright, I better shut up now before I embarrass myself further.

Ddraiglais
21-07-2008, 08:08
IIRC corvus pods can only go on warlords. I'm pretty sure they were too big for reavers. Also, a wrecking ball might be pretty cool for a siege themed titan.

Slaaneshi Ice Cream
21-07-2008, 08:15
Honsou needs his own series.

SylverClaw
21-07-2008, 09:24
Since you are doing an army based on Honsou, I thought I'd mention that there is a Honsou miniature if you didn't know. Ebay might be the only place to get it. I forget what it's called, but it has Honsou fighting Captain Ventris . It's from Black Library. It's not the greatest miniature, but it does have Honsou.

edit: It's called "Uriel Ventris Diorama"

I don't think the minature is that bad but the painting is absolutely terrible. It's like I painted it! (I suck at painting).

On the subject though... I considered this idea too, as suddenly the IW have a lot of personality (Honsou, in particular, unlike the Ultramarines in that book). This sort of an army would work very well in Apoc, with IG allies and boat loads of artillery.

Good luck with the army. I'm sure it'll look great.

pookie
21-07-2008, 10:47
how many weps did they have? 2/3/4 ? this would give you the class Warhound/Reaver/Warlord. although Chaos titans have a habit of having tails and combat/wep heads too. ( iirc tho only the Warlord had these, although i could se the Reaver also having a combat/wep head too)

Dreachon
21-07-2008, 12:14
Their likely warlord class titans as Honsou's forces had only 2 warlords left after the attack to Hydra Cordatus.

SylverClaw
21-07-2008, 12:51
I recall that the titans are shown as having hands. I can't quote you a page at the moment, but as far as memory serves it says they pull the doors open with them.

It's likely that you could get away with whatever class of titan you please, so long as it is sufficently mutated/daemonised. It's chaos though, so the bigger the better is probably a safe bet all things considered.

WarBoss PuG
21-07-2008, 12:54
its been a while since i read it an i cant remember if they had hands to open the gate, as if they pulled/pushed the gate open??? May of just pictured it that way cant remember. If so there are reavers with giant titan crushing power fists that could pull open the gate.

Col.Gravis
21-07-2008, 13:00
Their likely warlord class titans as Honsou's forces had only 2 warlords left after the attack to Hydra Cordatus.

I believe your correct there.

Binky
21-07-2008, 16:17
its been a while since i read it an i cant remember if they had hands to open the gate, as if they pulled/pushed the gate open??? May of just pictured it that way cant remember. If so there are reavers with giant titan crushing power fists that could pull open the gate.

Yep, both Reavers and Warlords can mount powerfists etc.

Shadowphrakt
21-07-2008, 17:28
Thanks everybody, I'll probably make them Reavers, so lots of hotsy gubbins and made buffed up by the Legio Mortis.

I believe they pushed the doors open, so they may or may not have hands.

Dreachon
21-07-2008, 17:48
Those are called battleclaws, a nastier version of the powerfsists which grants the titan considerable power when dealing with other superheavies of fortifications, the 2 warlords that remained both were equipped with a battleclaw each as they used it to tear down the curtain wall during the final assault.

Insane Psychopath
21-07-2008, 18:11
Well, well good to see you join the true side Duffy (Shadowphrakt) instead of those Imperial Fist lol :D

As other have said, I belive there warlord class, not 100%, need to re-read my book. Though I am 100% sure they are part of the Morties (sp) battel group (Eye of Terror codex as well).

IP

Shadowphrakt
21-07-2008, 18:26
Well, well good to see you join the true side Duffy (Shadowphrakt) instead of those Imperial Fist lol :D

As other have said, I belive there warlord class, not 100%, need to re-read my book. Though I am 100% sure they are part of the Morties (sp) battel group (Eye of Terror codex as well).

IP

I was fed up with the almighty good, and being all "for the emperor" I want me some god damn Glory dammit!

Shadowphrakt
23-07-2008, 20:00
Titans started. It'll be an old tian Template, which the Legio Mortis have deformed and added things to. It'll have 2 shoulder caraprace mounted weapons, with a 18- degree range, and a raised, upper caraprace mounted weapon. It'll also have two arm mounted weapons, a Corvus pod, and sopme sort of power thingy-mi-bob. Maybe seige hammer for beatign down walls and smashing super heavies upside their head.

warsmithferrousmaximus
24-07-2008, 00:02
Honsou needs his own series.

There is a short story involving Honsou in the anthology book Planetkill, which i was recommended and so far it hasn't disappointed.However i have to agree that you really need to follow his and that git ventris' stories to a conclusion(hopefully one where Honsou bashes ventris' brains out and feeds his corpse to some suitably nasty daemon)

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT:skull:

Marius Xerxes
24-07-2008, 04:39
Dont forget to model Honsou with his shiny new arm too

Shadowphrakt
24-07-2008, 07:58
There is a short story involving Honsou in the anthology book Planetkill, which i was recommended and so far it hasn't disappointed.However i have to agree that you really need to follow his and that git ventris' stories to a conclusion(hopefully one where Honsou bashes ventris' brains out and feeds his corpse to some suitably nasty daemon)

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT:skull:

Iron Within, Iron Without! *bangs fists on chest plate repeatedly*

Dont forget to model Honsou with his shiny new arm too

I has this model already, he has a Necron arm for a right arm, and his Deamon axe in his left.

Dreachon
24-07-2008, 21:11
Are you gonna keep a log on them?

splinter & poison
21-08-2008, 21:28
Im curious, what model do you plan to use as Onyx. I know many people would chose a deamon prince but that just dosen't seen like Onyx to me. What about a possessed chaos space marine, maybe even a slightly converted lucius the eternal.

Well, your choice;)

In Commorragh death is not a right, but a privledge

Partisan Rimmo
21-08-2008, 21:35
I'd use (wisper it) a Chaos Raptor without backpack and coverted head and hands for Onyx. I actually think the Raptor would make a better model for that sort of thing then they would as a Raptor.

Also, make your Titan designs influenced by the old school. I wanna see some carapace in there!

Oh GW, how I long for you to bring back Space Marine era awesomeness. Apocalypse is a good start.