PDA

View Full Version : Wood elves 1k lists (Plz choose one of them)

acardzz
21-07-2008, 03:58
HE
Alter noble (HOD, HOH, Shield, Light Armour) - 154
Branchwraith (COR, AON, Magic1, GE) - 165

CO
Glade guard * 10 (MU, Champion) - 132
Dryads 2 * 8 (Champion) - 216

SPE
Wild riders 2 * 5 (ST, Champion) - 332

Total- 999

HE
Alter noble (BOL, Great weapon, Shield, Light Armour) - 143
Branchwraith (COR, Magic1, GE) - 140

CO
Glade guard * 13 (MU, Champion) - 168
Dryads 2 * 10 (Champion) - 264

RA
Treemen - 285

Total - 1000

This is my first warhammer army so, I can't choose.:cries: Which one is better?
And is Alter's BOL useful? i don't know that
Plz reply these questions :D

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
21-07-2008, 21:18
You need more fast cavalry. Especially Glade riders. I have play against woodelves and they are horrible to play against. Use fast cavalry alot. Woodelves work because they do things that any other army would not normally do. 9 out of 10 times, flee from a charge. You aren't amazing in combat although there are a few hard things. units of 8 dryads work well, well done for that. Don't expect them to survive, use them as bait to line up flank charges or manipulate the enemy into a situation where they are stuck reforming for a turn. flee from charges especially with fast cav ( apart from wild riders can't do that, use them for flank charges) your leadership and a musician should keep you rallying time sfter time and cause you're fast cav, you can shoot when you rally. Hope this helps. If it doesn't, just ignore it.

out of the two lists though, i'd say the top one.

PARTYCHICORITA
22-07-2008, 12:47
Use the alter of the first list on the second list, also dryads work wonders if taken on plain units of 8 models no champion.

RavenBloodwind
22-07-2008, 23:00
I'm liking the first list alot more.

The wild riders will give you much more flexibility which ultimately is the strength of the wood elves.

Dryads in 8-strong units are fine. I prefer champions, but as partychicorita above shows, half the posters on warseer don't like champs in these units.

I certainly would not take a champion in a gladeguard unit unless you were putting a mage with the unit so he can dive on the grenade of a challenge. Not relevant in your current build.

I'd toss the champion from the GG and get the alter noble a great weapon with the points.

Lord Dan
22-07-2008, 23:19
In a 1,000 point game two characters are unnecessary, so I would drop the Branchwraith. You shouldn't be trying to get off spells, and your opponent shouldn't be bringing anything more than 4 power dice--adequately countered by the two you bring for showing up.

First of all, I like the first list a lot. As RavenBloodwind pointed out, the flexibility of 2 Wild Rider units far outweighs the sheer smashing power of a Treeman. Use the noble from the second list. I would drop the branchwraith and save her for larger games, and with those freed up points take a unit of 5 glade riders with musician. This will further increase the flexibilty of your army, as they are able to flee and bait where the wild riders cannot.

That leaves 64 points to play with. Drop the champions on all of your units, as you have no characters to protect from challenges. (Your alter will be off on his own) Drop the standards on your wild riders. I'm not sure of the points this will allow you, but it should be getting somewhere near another 120. Play around with things to try to fit in either another unit of glade riders or another unit of glade guard.

Happy gaming.

RavenBloodwind
23-07-2008, 01:17
In a 1,000 point game two characters are unnecessary, so I would drop the Branchwraith. ... Use the noble from the second list. I would drop the branchwraith...

Unfortunately you can't actually do this since the alter cannot be your general. Now, that said, dropping the alter kindred and just going with a straight-up noble (on elf steed to bump mobility) would probably work fine.

acardzz
23-07-2008, 05:00
Thank you for reply my questions. Your advice is really helpful for me.
Unfortunately, I have another questions.

1) Is treemen useful at the first list or treekin useful? (I’ll eliminate hero, so point will be left)
2) If I eliminate HERO, which one should be eliminated? Alternoble or branchwraith?
3) If I use Wildrider Noble, what should I use. Elven steed or Great stag?
4) Plz recommends Wildrider Noble’s Magic items.

PARTYCHICORITA
23-07-2008, 14:04
I would drop both and go for a noble on elven steed with HodA and HotH, light armor, a shield and a spear. Should work fine.
I'm not a really big fan of either treemen or treekin; they are expensive and the Ld8 does not agree with me very often even if they are hard as nails.
Although the extra attack on the dryads and the other champion traits are nice i think it's pricey and the woodies most of the time can find other place to put the points on. Also one of the main features of the dryads IMO is that they are not very expensive so i try to keep them like that.
If you want a WR hero i would go for a stag, sword of +1S and annoyance of netlings, that's how i field him in my 2k pts games.

Apologies for the weird english, is not my first language. I do what I can.

acardzz
24-07-2008, 08:54
Thanks everybody.
I fixed my list. I dropped all champion and added one Glade riders without champion.
Also I changed Branchwraith to spellsinger. But I can’t drop my alter noble because I want to use him in my game. Anyway here is my nwe list

1 Spellsinger @ 140 Pts
General; Magic Level 1; Lore of Athel Loren; Longbow
Calaingor's Stave [25]
Dispel Scroll [25]

1 * Alter Noble @ 158 Pts
Alter; Great Weapon; Longbow; Light Armour; Shield
Hail of Doom Arrow [30]
Helm of the Hunt [20]

10 Glade Guard @ 126 Pts
Longbow; Musician

5 Glade Riders @ 120 Pts
Spear; Longbow

8 Dryads @ 96 Pts

8 Dryads @ 96 Pts

5 Wild Riders @ 130 Pts
Spear; Light Armour; Musician

5 Wild Riders @ 130 Pts

Total Army Cost: 996

The Red Scourge
24-07-2008, 14:53
The new list is rock solid.

As long as you make sure that you always get the charge and always charge 2 units to one in the flanks.

Don't be afraid to waste time. Avoiding combat is what Wood Elves are good at ; )

acardzz
25-07-2008, 15:55
The new list is rock solid.

As long as you make sure that you always get the charge and always charge 2 units to one in the flanks.

Don't be afraid to waste time. Avoiding combat is what Wood Elves are good at ; )

English is not my first language. so I'm not at understanding complicated text:cries:. Could you rewrite your reply to easy?
If you do that i really appreciate to you.:p

jo_momma
25-07-2008, 16:24
Maybe drop the branch nymph for a spell singer?

acardzz
25-07-2008, 22:44
Maybe drop the branch nymph for a spell singer?

As i wrote. Here is my new list
1 Spellsinger @ 140 Pts
General; Magic Level 1; Lore of Athel Loren; Longbow
Calaingor's Stave [25]
Dispel Scroll [25]

1 * Alter Noble @ 158 Pts
Alter; Great Weapon; Longbow; Light Armour; Shield
Hail of Doom Arrow [30]
Helm of the Hunt [20]

10 Glade Guard @ 126 Pts
Longbow; Musician

5 Glade Riders @ 120 Pts
Spear; Longbow

8 Dryads @ 96 Pts

8 Dryads @ 96 Pts

5 Wild Riders @ 130 Pts

5 Wild Riders @ 130 Pts

Total Army Cost: 996
I droped all of my champion and added spellsinger.
I'm wornder whether I will add a musician at Glade Guard.
If it is not good how should i use my 100 point at who?

PARTYCHICORITA
26-07-2008, 01:11
That's a very nice list IMO, good luck with it.