PDA

View Full Version : Phoning Forge World.

IG_Airborne_Ranger
22-07-2008, 00:00
I'm going to be calling Forge World because of the situation I described here - http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151242

Anyways, I'd like to know what your experiences with phoning Forge World has been like?

Binky
22-07-2008, 07:40
Pretty good, often takes a couple of tries to get through but they're always very helpful. Called them a few times for various reasons (missing parts, checking on an order status etc.) and they've always got the problem sorted or answered my questions, and were generally pretty polite and helpful (almost the exact opposite experience of when I called the Police to report a crime in fact).

Kulgur
22-07-2008, 08:00
How's the FW backlog these days? Thinking of grabbing a DE Raven

Royal Tiger
22-07-2008, 12:11
very good, I phoned because of a delay not very long ago, I was told it had been posted already a couple of days before I phoned and the next day there was my stuff

soul destroyer
22-07-2008, 23:02
Phoned a few months ago because a kit I'd ordered was missing a piece. The guy I spoke to was really helpful and three days later I got the offending part plus a couple of extra bits:)

DMG
23-07-2008, 10:54
I find it takes at least an hour to get through to them on the phone. When I've told them about how poor their QA is because of missing pieces or miscast models, the response was very poor. They really don't care. I do get a replacement bit, but the phone jockeys basically tell me it's bad luck that I get so many dud orders.

Royal Tiger
23-07-2008, 12:01
I find it takes at least an hour to get through to them on the phone. When I've told them about how poor their QA is because of missing pieces or miscast models, the response was very poor. They really don't care. I do get a replacement bit, but the phone jockeys basically tell me it's bad luck that I get so many dud orders.
are you sure you calling the same place as everyone else? :confused:

Kakihara
23-07-2008, 17:48
I've found they send out replacements for missing/broken/miscast pieces at the drop of a hat (and rightfully so), but not for things that have been broken by us and definitely not as a 'can I buy these bitz?' thing.

If the story I was told is true, the replacements they send out are taken from other kits in the warehouse, so to send out a replacement means writing off a whole other kit. Obviously this is fine for dodgy pieces, but not when the model was fine to begin with.

Best of luck though. Hope you get yours sorted.

Jim
23-07-2008, 23:17
I had to call to get a replacement part sent out to me and the guy I spoke to was really nice and the new bit arrived within a week of my phone call.

Things do go wrong but I was happy with the quick and professional way Forgeworld corrected the error...no problems with using them again.

Jim