PDA

View Full Version : 4 O & G 2000 pt lists...am I missing anything?

Brando
22-07-2008, 07:44
So these are 4 2000 pt. lists that I will hopefully be using in the fall for one of my favorite (and most frustrating) armies to play. I will give my opponent a selection and he can choose which to fight. No tailoring, I just like to change things up a bit from time to time and keep my opponents guessing a bit. Any comments on these lists would be great.

List 1: Skarsnik's Night Gobbos

Skarsnik and Gobbla
Night Gobbo Shaman - lvl2, nibbla's ring, staff of sorcery
Orc Shaman - lvl2, horn of urgok, waaagh! paint
Black Orc Big Boss - BSB, heavy armour, mork's spirit totem

33 Night Gobbos - netters, standard, musician, fanatic
29 Night Gobbos - netters, musician, standard, 3 fanatics
25 Night Gobbos - musician, fanatic, short bows
25 Night Gobbos - musician, fanatic, short bows
25 Arrer Boys - full command

6 Squig Herds
8 Squig Hoppers
2 Spear Chukkas - bullies

Pump Wagon
Giant

Plan of this army is to have the short bow gobbos run out in front, deliver their fanatics then flee when charged and hopefully rally to guard my flanks/rear. I think it's kind of a different list, so, I went with it. Plus, I should be able to get 7 S6 bolts of doom from skarsnik and his prodder...

List 2: Stone Hide Tribe

Savage Warboss - ulag's axe, light armour, enchanted shield, collar of zorga, bigged's boots, boar
Black Orc Big Boss - BSB, heavy armour, mork's spirit totem
Orc Shaman - lvl2, nibbla's ring, waaagh! paint
Night Goblin Shaman - lvl2, staff of sorcery, magic mushroom

23 Savage Orcs - double choppas, full command
29 Orcs - double choppas, full command
5 Wolf Riders - spears, short bows, musician
5 Spider Riders - short bows, musician
25 Arrer Boys - standard, musician
29 Night Goblins - standard, musician, netters, 2 fanatics

Wolf Chariot - extra goblin
Boar Chariot
8 Squig Hoppers

Pump Wagon

This one is just a standard orcish list. It probably is one of the weakest I've got, but it should be fun. I really like the 6 A S 6 rerolling misses warboss with a 2+ AS, 6 Ward, and any big nasties hit him on 6s...take that pesky dragon! Spiders hopefully can screen the savages and keep them in line a bit while chariots support the line and hoppers and wolves go warmachine hunting. Anything I've over looked?

List 3: Azhag's Waaagh!

Azhag the Slaughterer
Orc Shaman - lvl2, horn of urgok, waaagh! paint
Night Goblin Shaman - lvl2, nibbla's ring

30 Orcs - double choppas, full command
30 Orcs - double choppas, full command
5 Spider Riders - short bows, musician
25 Arrer boys - full command
13 Arrer boys - musician

Wolf Chariot - extra gobbo
Wolf Chariot - extra gobbo
Boar Chariot

This list has azhag purely for his quell animosity rule...plus, I've always wanted to take a wyvern and just never have, so I thought it might be fun. Azhag will not fly away too far from the line as his leadership and quelling animosity rules are too critical. This actually works okay as he is still a mage and can contribute to my army for more than those two rules and yet doesn't have to go and fly across the board to make himself useful. I still have about 80 points left over and I would love to take a giant as doom and darkness combined with 2 terror causers is awesome (plus it might just distract stuff from shooting azhag). Thoughts?

List 4: The magic army of doom!

Orc Great Shaman - lvl 4, shagga's sword, waaagh! paint, guzzla's brew, power stone, BOAR CHARIOT
Night Gobbo Shaman - lvl2, nibbla's ring, magic mushroom
Night Gobbo Shaman - lvl2, staff of sorcery

13 Arrer Boys - musician
25 Arrer Boys - standard, musician
33 Night Goblins - netters, musician, standard, 3 fanatics
33 Night Goblins - netters, musician, standard, 2 fanatics
5 Spider Riders - musician, short bows

8 Squig Hoppers

2 Pump Wagons
Giant

This army is pretty simple. I run up, deliver the fanatics then waaagh! everything into contact and have the fanatics tear through stuff (5 being waaaghed! into things basically twice is not a lot of fun for the opponent...I've had it happen to me before and it wasn't pleasant). The best part is, my great shaman is actually a pretty competent fighter with hatred (hopefully at least) and a butt load of high S attacks from shagga's sword (most players run 3-4 characters and usually have them nice and close together). I also love my spear chukkas. So cheap and mince big monsters so well. Only problem with this army is it's low Ld in general. Meh...that's why I've got 3 other ones to play as well!

So, overall, comments? Anyway to make these more interesting and unreliable? I play orcs cause they're fun and sometimes work really well.

Malorian
22-07-2008, 18:07
Well look who it is. I was just skimming through the army lists and what do I find? Good ol Brando finally started posting in warseer : )

All the lists look interesting and have a good mix to them.

I wouldn't let the opponent pick though. If you want to keep it really random then roll for it.

At warp 3 in Edmonton they have an old Azhag model for sale if you don't already have one. (I know you wouldn't be able to pick it up seeing as you are currently in a different country, but I could pick it up for you if you want.)

Here are some general thoughts on the lists:

List 1: I'd try and take out the orks to make it a pure night goblin army. With Skarsnik Ld wound be that much of a problem.

List 2: This one looks the most interesting since it has a bit of everything (It would be the one I'd ask to face). Only thing that seems odd is the massive arrer boyz unit.

List 3: A giant would help here because (as you say) a lot of shooting will go Azhags way. I'd also make the list a bit more aggrisive (forget arrrers) so that the whole line can move up and it's easier to keep most of the army in his area of effect.

List 4: This list could do very well... the general is kinda funny though (that brew can make him stupid right?).

Brando
23-07-2008, 05:37
Well, I like your suggestions BRIAN! See...you can make lists that are fun and FUN TO PLAY AGAINST! They don't have to be all fricken magic...grumble grumble...

Anyway, yeah, I'll try to do some of what was mentioned. The large blocks of arrer boys act more as combat troops than anything. They're still orcs and they still have choppas and they're dirt cheap. The advantage is, if I come against a really mobile army with lot's of frail troops (ie. your wood elves) they will be the perfect addition as they can still shoot. Granted, they're not stellar at it and 1/3 of the time they won't behave, but they still do it fairly well. As for the brew, yah, a third of the time he'll be stupid on a ld of 8, but the rest of the time he'll be an awesome combat character (especially since all the effects also affect his chariot...:evilgrin:).

As for the opponent picking, I was going to have all four lists and he can pick randomly. I hold them up or order them and he picks 1-4 randomly. Means I won't get stellar with any one list, but at least it'll be interesting...