PDA

View Full Version : My first DE list using the new book

PARTYCHICORITA
22-07-2008, 12:15
So i decided to try the new book yesterday with a friend of mine that came over for a couple of 2000pts games. I used a very simple list and didn't get to try a lot of the new options but was still very happy with the way the list performed. Here it is:

-Dreadlord on foot; Soulrender, Armor of darkness, Pendant of Kaleth
-Sorceress, level 2 and dispel scroll
-Sorceress, level 2 and dispel scroll
-Master on dark pegasus; heavy armor, sea dragon cloak, lance, enchanted shield and potion of strenght

-20 warriors, full command
-10 Xbow men
-5 Dark rider with repeaters
-5 Dark rider with repeaters
-5 Harpies
-5 Harpies
-5 Harpies

-20 Black guard, full command, banner of hag Graef

-2 Reaper Bolt throwers
-1 Reaper Bolt throwers

Initially I planned to put the lord with the warriors but since my first game was against the -8Ld deamon combo i decided to go for the BG instead, on the second game i went the same direction to try to overcome the ASF from the HE. I got raped by the deamons but also got a decent victory against the HE. The PoD spell and the harpies were what impress me the most but the ASF (with banner) BG and the hatred weren't bad either. Fun games i'm hoping i'll get the chance to try more options soon.

Conotor
22-07-2008, 12:22
Nice list, but without a BSB it looks a bit fragile.

szlachcic
22-07-2008, 13:02
Nice list, but without a BSB it looks a bit fragile.

What BSB, I see a "Hunter" Master, but he is not a BSB.

@PARTYCHICORITA

As with the other list I just commented on, how do you plan on doing damage? You have a decent shooting phase with the Reapers, DRs, and Xbowmen, but there is nothing that can get a lot of ACR. In my experience lists like this with a lot of small support units really need hard hitting units to work with them.

As it is right now you have the support units, a block of spearelves, and a block of BG. None of these are going to put out impressive damage. Even your Dreadlord on foot will be easily dealt with by just ignoring him.

Congrats on the win against HEs though. I think playing games is probably the best way to decide what works for you, but hopefully some of my comments helped.

PARTYCHICORITA
22-07-2008, 13:14
I agree with you completely and don't expect either the warriors or the BG to do a lot of damage to enemy regiments. However the ammount of shooting i got can severely cripple the enemy's units so the BG and hopefully the warriors can deal with them easier. The dreadlord on foot and the master on dark pegasus also aid in giving some punch to the combats i may ran into and the harpies can also help distraccting enemies so they won't engage me to soon.

szlachcic
22-07-2008, 13:24
I agree with you completely and don't expect either the warriors or the BG to do a lot of damage to enemy regiments. However the ammount of shooting i got can severely cripple the enemy's units so the BG and hopefully the warriors can deal with them easier. The dreadlord on foot and the master on dark pegasus also aid in giving some punch to the combats i may ran into and the harpies can also help distraccting enemies so they won't engage me to soon.

Sounds good to me. Your list does require some finesse to use, but like you said as long as you can use the harpies to distract the enemy and pick favorable charges then you are good. I could say that your shooting may let you down when the dice don't turn up, but I am running a decent amount of magic in my army so I don't have room to talk :D.

PARTYCHICORITA
28-07-2008, 13:14
I am gonna have a couple of games to day and seeing it as such an awesome way to add punch to the unit i want to give the champion of the BG unit the Crimson death.
The issue is where to get the points:
Option 1: drop 2 BG and form them in a 3x6 formation instead of 5x4 as they are now.
Option 2: drop the potion on the noble but lose my chariot owning power.