PDA

View Full Version : VC spectral form query

kairous
22-07-2008, 20:53
Im reffering to the 50pt power that makes the vampire an etheral unit. The text says that the vampire cannot take magic items, now, does this mean weapons and armour, or does it mean anything from the armoury? Im pretty sure it means he can't take anything, but i want to double check.

Also

Im thinking of using sauron the necromancer model for this character, but does anyone know if he will fit on an infantry base, if not can i put him on a more fitting base, without breaking the rules. I mean my 40k daemon prince (be'lakor model) is on a termie base, because anything bigger would look silly, and i have never had any problems using it, again just wanto to double check.

Cheers for any info guys.

Loopstah
22-07-2008, 21:04
The Vampire cannot take any Magic items be it Weapons, Armour, Talismans, Enchanted Items, Arcane Items or Magic Standards.

You can give your Vampire Armour and weapons using Avatar of Death though, but you need to be a Lord to do that and an Ethereal Lord isn't that good.

Malorian
22-07-2008, 21:46
In larger games I take an ethereal lord. Then the summoning general can stay back and the ethereal lord can move up in a unit of wraiths to cast some of those nasty spells and rip apart units in combat.

T10
22-07-2008, 21:49
Sauron will definetly need a 40 mm base, so mounting what is normally a unit strength 1 model on a big base might require a bit of negotiation with your opponent. I recomment trating the model as having a 20 mm in all situations (being very specific as which models he is counting as being in base to base contact wit etc. Also knocking off a 1/2" of all ranges measured to or from the base should keep everyone happy.

You might also find it agreeable to place a single empty square 20mm base to represent the character's actual position and keep the model floating around nearby, removing it from the table when needed to make way for other troops or working out line of sight.

-T10

-T10

kairous
23-07-2008, 13:51
thanks for the input guys.