PDA

View Full Version : Tyranid Hunters, their company and other Ultramarine stuff...

Lordi
23-07-2008, 15:05
Hi everyone, I have some questions:

- Are all tyranid hunters in the first company?
- Where can I find the colours for the 2nd, 3rd etc. companies (except the Codex because I don't have it and have to wait until the new Space Marines Codex is released)
- What are the successor chapters of the Ultramarines?

Thanks!

Leftenant Gashrog
23-07-2008, 15:35
I may be completely mistaken.. but I seem to recall that there was a WD Article on the Tyranid War Veterans during 3rd edition which stated that the Tyranid Hunters were actually a part of one (or possibly both) Tactical Reserve Company/ies rather than being 1st company.

Around 2/3rds of all chapters are successors of the Ultramarines, confirmed ones however include: Novamarines, Patriarchs of Ulixis, White Consuls, Black Consuls, Liberators, Inceptors, Praetors of Orpheus, Genesis Chapter, Eagle Warriors, Doom Eagles, Silver Skulls, Mortifactors, Fire Hawks. Whilst the Heralds of Ultramar and the Sons of Guilliman most likely are also.

Company Colours:
1 = white
2 = yellow or gold (colours are interchangeable heraldically
3 = red
4 = green
5 = black
6 = orange
7 = purple
8 = grey
9 = blue
10 = none

Kenzaburo
23-07-2008, 22:12
2nd company isn't that interchangeable, actually. They used to be yellow, back then, with red weapons. Nowadays they have gold trim on their pauldrons and their weapons are black.
Fluffwise this was due to a change in command. When they had yellow trim, Agemman was still the captain of the 2nd company. He then was made the captain of the first company with Sicarius being his succesor as captain of 2nd company. Because his heraldry used gold and black, the company accordingly changed their colors to honor the new captain.

Cheers,
Kenza

Leftenant Gashrog
23-07-2008, 22:59
Fluffwise this was due to a change in command. When they had yellow trim, Agemman was still the captain of the 2nd company. He then was made the captain of the first company with Sicarius being his succesor as captain of 2nd company. Because his heraldry used gold and black, the company accordingly changed their colors to honor the new captain.

Whats your source for that? and how come Battle for Macragge shows the 2nd Company with gold trims and black casings at the time of the said battle..

I apologise for not being clear about the interchangeability however - I was referring to the fact that although gold is now the in-thing or pad trims and the like, yellow is still used for 2nd company banners and vehicle markings.

Kenzaburo
25-07-2008, 07:35
Hm, will have to dig through some fluff to find my source. I thought it might have been in the SM dex, but right now am not so sure. Will check tonight.

Kenza

Mr. Indecisive
03-11-2011, 10:12
Captain Agemman changed the 2nd's colours from yellow/red to gold/black after the Battle for macragge, where the complete 1st company got wiped out. he did this to honour the sacrifice of all Battle-Brothers.

Edit* Oops, terribly sorry for reviving this >.<

Lord-Caerolion
03-11-2011, 10:25
Wow, a 3 year necro... Congrats. To properly add to this thread though, every Company has two heraldic colours, as such. They have a flat colour, and a stone/metal of the same colour. 1st Company is White/Silver, 3rd is Red/Sanguinite, 9th is listed as Blue/Ultramarine, etc.