PDA

View Full Version : Executioners Axe + Hag Graef?

Von Wibble
24-07-2008, 14:51
Maybe I've missed something in the rules here - a draedlord with the Axe in a unit with the banner. When does he strike? I can't actually see anything in the rules called "strikes last" which implies it is as agreat weapon. But if that were the case, why not just write "great weapon" in the item description.

a) Dice off for it as irresistable force vs immovable object (like annoyance vs silver lance)

b) Assume the 2 cancel so strike on I. If that were the case though what would happen vs ASF troops? I know the faq states 2 forces on ASF strike on I (since gw and charging has already been cancelled), but the axeman surely would not be asf?

c) Assume 1 has precedence over the other - which?

Xavier
24-07-2008, 15:02
Look at it this way; Great Weapons have the 'Strike Last' rule in their description. It's exactly the same as the Executioners Axe.

Thus; if Great Weapons can strike first; so to can the Axe.

The model using the axe would resolve his attacks in exactly the same sequence as if he was weilding a great weapon.

And the term 'Great Weapon' wasn't used because no doubt some rules lawyer would want to double his strength then add 2; or 1 i mounted... so if fighting a toughness 4 model would always be strength 10... and so on.

Loopstah
24-07-2008, 15:02
If it's a Great Weapon or Strikes last then if the banner gives ASF then they strike first against everyone except enemies with ASF upon which they go to initiative order.

The same as Swordmasters/ White Lions who have Great Weapons and ASF.

Von Wibble
24-07-2008, 15:06
Look at it this way; Great Weapons have the 'Strike Last' rule in their description. It's exactly the same as the Executioners Axe.

Thus; if Great Weapons can strike first; so to can the Axe.

The model using the axe would resolve his attacks in exactly the same sequence as if he was weilding a great weapon.

And the term 'Great Weapon' wasn't used because no doubt some rules lawyer would want to double his strength then add 2; or 1 i mounted... so if fighting a toughness 4 model would always be strength 10... and so on.

Also, I have just noticed great weapons strike first on charge whilst the axe doesn't.

Suddenly this item looks a lot nicer!

Loopstah
24-07-2008, 15:28
Also, I have just noticed great weapons strike first on charge whilst the axe doesn't.

Suddenly this item looks a lot nicer!

If the axe "strikes last" then it will strike first on the charge following the rules for "strikes last" on page 84 of the BRB.

Xavier
24-07-2008, 20:34
Indeed; the old rules for it made it always ALWAYS strike last, even if it charges.