PDA

View Full Version : new marine force

abaddon188
25-07-2008, 09:51
ive been planning a new marine army for a while now, for when the new codex comes out, ive got a name for them but thats about it cant think of any more fluff any ideas, they're called the emporers knights

Hrw-Amen
25-07-2008, 12:58
Try to think of a reason why they have that name, what about them specifically identifies them as knights, or needs the prefix of emperor's? Why not the blue or green or dragon knights. That may then give you a staring point to build on. It could be something as simple as a particular battle in which the original founding members of the chapter were engaged or something like that. Which chapter did they originate from, is there any connection there?

abaddon188
26-07-2008, 08:43
i was thinking of them being from the imperia lfists and having close links to the grey knights

Shadow Weaver
28-07-2008, 08:59
I used to have a space marine army and found that for me Chaplins were the best value for points for HQ's so from there I decided during the Horus Heresy the Chapter split those following the Chaplins and the Emperors light on one side and the corrupt command structure siding with Horus. So after the battle and the renegades fleeing only Chaplins whose purpose was pure etc. remained as HQ's. You may want to try something similar?

My current Eldar I wanted something different and I therefore looked at the type of force I had created - seeing that it was mainly light vehicles, pathfinders etc went along the line of raiders / infltrators striking at random places behind enemy lines.

Hope this helps