PDA

View Full Version : Horus Heresy Series Quick Question

Bionicman
25-07-2008, 15:58
Hey guys,
wondered if anyone on Warseer had any idea about what the little colour patches at the top of the novels are about.
'Cause theres loads, green, blue, orange, purple.
Possible links to chains of books or something?
Thanks people
:chrome:

Rabid Bunny 666
25-07-2008, 16:02
I thought they were the colours of the main legions involved.

Bionicman
25-07-2008, 16:05
I can see that sometimes Mr Rabid Bunny 666, however, the first three are about the Luna Wolves, and they're not brown. Fulgrim is obviously about the Emperor's Children and they're not blue. And Battle for the Abyss is about the Ultramarines and Word Bearers, and neither of them are green.
Perplexing eh?

Alessander
25-07-2008, 16:21
Keeping the sets together, while keeping them seperate from the independant books.

BlackLegion
25-07-2008, 17:20
So far we have:
Red, Red, Red, Green, Blue, Green, Purple, Green.

Holdenstein
25-07-2008, 20:51
The reds are a discreet trilogy, the greens seem to me to be mostly about loyalists, as for the blue and purple- who knows? (yet)

BlackLegion
25-07-2008, 22:32
Considering that each colour is slightly different in shade the blue and purple can be in fact meant to be the same colour.
So we have red for the opening trilogy, green for loyalists stories and blue for traitor stories.

The Anarchist
25-07-2008, 23:17
i heard a similar point raised before at my local GW i was told any recuring characters and legions would be colour based. so red for the opening trilogy, and differnt colours for any seperate stories in between. so the next trilogy will likly be red again, and some of the colours will be reacuring such as green for any stories revolving around say; Garro.

not sure how true this was, i wasnt exactly paying full attention to the conversation when down at GW.

talos935
26-07-2008, 00:48
They may be a marker for sewts and/or situations/subject. Red= Opening set, green=Space/warp battles. This is all double guessing since I've only got a couple of books for refrence.

SonOFSanguinius
02-08-2008, 02:13
Maybe it has to do with the different Chaos gods

sydbridges
02-08-2008, 02:50
They may be a marker for sewts and/or situations/subject. Red= Opening set, green=Space/warp battles. This is all double guessing since I've only got a couple of books for refrence.

Green includes DoA, which does not contain space battles, so I don't think that's it. It also doesn't contain Garro, so it isn't that, either.

I was thinking about this a few days ago, and I came to the conclusion that they were just coloring things randomly. Maybe when more books come out, it'll make more sense, though.