PDA

View Full Version : The Return of the Big Hat And Other Collector's Pieces

Solasun
26-07-2008, 02:55
Got a horrible feeling this might already be posted somewhere but I must say it's really nice to see Nagash on sale again.

And Kemmler.

Even if some of you disagree with how the bitz, I must say that the 2008 Collector's Catalogue has some exciting re-releases of some superb models from many moons ago.

A step in the right direction and a good breath of relief that if there's demand for it, then they still have the molds for almost everything.

What can I say, my silly big hat fetish is complete.

Edit - Also spotted Steel Legion troops and officers but alas no Praetorians.

Direct link - http://uk.games-workshop.com/shopping/assets/Collectors-2008.pdf

Trench_Raider
26-07-2008, 04:22
While it's good to see the old 2nd edition IG models released again (I'm almost tempted to build a Mordian or Valhalan platoon just out of nostalgia) I'm disapointed that the RT Chaos Renegade models are still not being re-released. They beat the hell out of most models today and I'm in the market for some Nurgle ones to flesh out a unit or three.

TR

sigur
26-07-2008, 11:22
Well, I think the collector's range is a great thing and definately is a step in the right direction. Maybe they'll even re-release some of the old chaos miniatures (which indeed were great) especially for trenchie. ;) But GW re-releasing new stuff (all the undead stuffz) is a very good sign.

But it's a bit unfair that we complain if we get a nice service from GW.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
26-07-2008, 12:13
More importantly, the Hag from the Cauldron is now available seperately.

Thats nice!

ZOMG! TEH RED DUKES! Think I'll be getting me one of those as well.

tassiewargamer
26-07-2008, 12:22
Ork Goffik Rock band im so getting some of them this is great news and I think Games Workshop are starting to listen to their older customers more that in the past couple of years.

Hopefully they can find some of the old man o war moulds.

blongbling
26-07-2008, 12:40
Ork Goffik Rock band im so getting some of them this is great news and I think Games Workshop are starting to listen to their older customers more that in the past couple of years.

Hopefully they can find some of the old man o war moulds.

i thin you are wrong....this is what GW has been planning to do all the time....jsut everyone is always so quick to jump on the "ZOMG! they have nerfed mail order!!!" band wagon without knowing knowing what GW is planning to do

Mad Doc Grotsnik
26-07-2008, 12:44
Indeed.

Though, to be fair, thats something of a communications problem. I was always aware that the Bitz were being severely re-organised, but eventually getting released again.

However, whether the message wasn't particularly well broadcast, was lost amongst the hooting and hollering of the Interwebs, or a bit of both is up to the individual to decide.

But yes, I'll second the ManOWar call.

I think stuff like Man O War could be splash released fairly successfully. Essentiall, have a 6 month period or so (maybe a year, I dunno!) where they are available, before being taken down again. This means people like me who have fond memories of the game can make our bank managers cry in the short term, before they are recalled and a different range gets a limited offer period. Perhaps we'll see this, perhaps we won't. I think it's a good idea (it has to be. It's one of mine) but whether or not it's financially beneficial to the company I have no idea!

The Phazer
26-07-2008, 14:05
I was always aware that the Bitz were being severely re-organised, but eventually getting released again.

It is increasingly apparent that this is nowhere near being true.

Remember the pace of bitz releases continues to fall, not increase.

Phazer

blongbling
26-07-2008, 14:40
he didnt metion pace...jsut that they will be released

Mad Doc Grotsnik
26-07-2008, 14:50
Indeed. When there has been a gap of 1-2 years between bits being released, you might have a point.

But a few months? Nah.

wizuriel
26-07-2008, 15:05
I see no big hats :(

El'Flashman
26-07-2008, 15:17
I'm disapointed that the RT Chaos Renegade models are still not being re-released. They beat the hell out of most models today and I'm in the market for some Nurgle ones to flesh out a unit or three.

They actually say in the box quote for p26 in the 'Historic' section that they'll be digging out a further selection of casts from the past next year and that if you don't see your all time must have then you should let them know and they'll do their best to find them.

Killgore
26-07-2008, 15:19

Nagash and Kremmler the lichemaster are renowned for having some of the biggest hats in the old world

i still got my old models of them from 4th/5th ed warhammer :)

ToXin
26-07-2008, 15:22
'money for old rope' springs to mind, however making available pieces that are still in demand makes good business sense to anyone.

having a limited time availability will also stimulate sales in a 'buy it before it's gone!' market strategy.

I'm quite happy to see some favourites from previous editions and eras available for those who either didn't get round to buying them once before or might like some of the older ranges.:)

Mad Doc Grotsnik
26-07-2008, 15:24
So, since it says about letting them know if theres anything we want....

How many people do we need to hassle them into digging out Man O War moulds then?

I reckon we can pretend to be up to 10 people each without getting rumbled!

Magos Explorator
26-07-2008, 15:33

Yes, I was hoping for Chaos Dwarves too!

Curufew
26-07-2008, 17:07
I'm glad there are steel legions now but they are rather expensive. Any idea if they will be rerelease in plastic?

sigur
26-07-2008, 17:49
:rolleyes: No, I suggest you do a search for "plastic greatcoats" in 40k general and the rumors section.

Sniper Kelly
26-07-2008, 20:46
Actually, I thought the Steel Legion squad was very reasonable at 20, even though you get a grenade launcher!

It's nice to see the Steel Legion Commissar, too!

Killgore
26-07-2008, 23:00
I'm glad there are steel legions now but they are rather expensive. Any idea if they will be rerelease in plastic?

when they first got released they was 18

12 years ago when i got into gw games similar imperial guard metal regiment 10 man boxs where 18

metal guard have always costed lots :(

Foolish Mortal
28-07-2008, 12:52
So, since it says about letting them know if theres anything we want....

How many people do we need to hassle them into digging out Man O War moulds then?

I reckon we can pretend to be up to 10 people each without getting rumbled!

If it would help I could pretend to be another 10 or so........

But seriously, Man O' War would be excellent.

I suppose there's no chance of any epic stuff, like the rest of the chaos range, Ad Mech ordinatus engines?

EmperorNorton
30-07-2008, 10:56
Does anybody know when these will become available?
I need a Red Duke...

Commodore Perry
30-07-2008, 15:53
Now from the department of "that all well and good" Epic items would have made my day.

Commodore perry