PDA

View Full Version : Who are the High Lords of Terra? And just how old are these guys?

Wolfblade670
28-07-2008, 04:01
Well, that's the big question. Just who are the current High Lords? What are their names, where'd they come from, how did they make all the way up to management, etc. and just how old are these buggers?

Khaine's Messenger
28-07-2008, 05:17
After the 12th Black Crusade (gothic sector war), the Fabricator-General known to Inquisitor Horst has the name "Vilvoi." The guy who signs off on the Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer (pre-Damocles Gulf Crusade) is possibly the High Lord of the Guard, and his name is Huxlow or similar. There's mention in the Space Wolf novels of who the "current" Paternoval Envoy likely is, although turnover in that position may be faster due to life expectations in such a medically challenged environment. And if you think Custodes are immortal and he never dropped dead, it's likely that Constantin Valedor is still the representative of the Custodes. Off the top of my head, that's who's still up there. The last would obviously be well over ten thousand years old. The others probably start at a thousand and begin revising downwards into the hundreds as you move through those organizations that don't have institutional longevity techniques like the AdMech does.

Where they come from? No clue.

pookie
28-07-2008, 09:12
there are 9 set High Lords and the Other three can come from iirc another 7 diffrent sources, they are all named in the 2nd Ed Book - Codex Imperialis. because i dont have that with me though, i cant name them.

Each high lord the represents a certain aspect of the Imperium, for example, the Navigators have a seat, as do the Admech.

Xenobane
28-07-2008, 12:14
I can only pass on what the Codex Imperialis says, but here goes:

Each of the High Lords of Terror is leader of one of the most powerful organisations in the Imperium. Their appointments are decided by a complex web of skulldugery and realpolitik. However some organisations are so important that their leaders are almost always amongst the High Lords. They are:

The Master of the Administratum
The Inquisitorial Representative *
The Ecclesiarch of the Adeptus Ministorum
The Fabricator General of the Adeptus Mechanicus
The Grand Provost Marshal of the Adeptus Arbites
The Paternoval Envoy of the Navigators
The Master of the Astronomican
The Grand Master of the Officio Assassinorum
The Master of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica

*This position is not held by any specific Inquisitor, but the seat is held for whoever the Inquisition decide to send to represent them.

The last three posts are most likely to come from:

Lord Commander of the Segmentum Solar
Lord Commander Militant of the Imperial Guard
Cardinal(s) of the Holy Synod of Terra
The Abbess Sanctorum of the Adepta Sororitas
Captain-General of the Adeptus Custodes
Chancellor of the Estate Imperium
The Speaker for the Chartist Captains

Random Integer
28-07-2008, 12:27
The guy who signs off on the Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer (pre-Damocles Gulf Crusade) is possibly the High Lord of the Guard, and his name is Huxlow or similar.

Huxlow is a Lord General Militant, which makes him a sector level commander. The head of the Imperial Guard is the Lord Commander Militant.

I've never seen the current High Lords named. The chief of the Navy doesn't seem to warrant rank as a High Lord which always struck me as funny as you'd think the Navy was more important than the IG.

Kage2020
28-07-2008, 12:51
As to how old? Well, other than the few sketchy suggestions in the 'fluff,' I would merely suggest that these people are the most powerful people in the Imperium. Well, nominally anyway. :D As such they would have access to the best juvenat treatments, anagathic drugs, or whatever. Thus, as with all things GW, they're as old as you want them to be... But as a general rule, the more cool they are the older they get. ;)

Kage