PDA

View Full Version : Halo Stars / 11th legion Fluff

CULCHAIN
29-07-2008, 22:30
These are all rough ideas by the way so be gentle our my inner child may jump up and slap you.

I've been playing 40K since the tail end of 2nd and have several armies, but have never had a marine army. After all these years I've ended up with several marines and want to start a space marine army. I want to base them off of my thoughts on the 11th legion (Iron Hearts). There is more crossed out on them then the others and 11 is my lucky number.

What I've done is create a history whereby the primarch who screamed (Rubinik) when Horus touched him crash landed on a planet asleep and never woke up, but occassionally converses? psionically with those on the planet who are psykers of strong ability.

He was found by the emperor, but moving him would destroy his mind so he was left there.

The planet is close to another openning in the warp far away from the imperium in the halo stars. (This is where I need to know if there is any fluff about the area.) There are also powerful webways through the system. So the emperor gave him his legion to defend this opening and the webways, additionally he left engineseers and powerful psykers behind to see if they could heal the primarch.

The emperor maintained a link with Rubinik and together they where working on solving the mysteries of the webway, when Horus struck. Since he was linked with the emperor when he was intered? in the golden throne he went into a coma. And to this day his legion defends the opening and cruises the webway looking for a way to wake the sleeping primarch.

This is only brief and full of holes.

Any comments or thoughts greatly appreciated

CULCHAIN
29-07-2008, 22:45
If this sort of thing has been done to death just give me an alternate idea my space marines and there dreadnaughts will only use plasma and melta based special and heavies.

PondaNagura
30-07-2008, 00:24
i think solar macharius is supposed to be roaming around lost in their somewhere. the astronomicon doesn't really reach that far for some reason. i think the 5th edition rulebook has a brief mention on events in there...or maybe it was the ghoul stars.
i'd expect orks, necrons and nids, since they all see to hang around the edges of the galaxy.

Juicebox
30-07-2008, 02:33
Sounds pretty nifty to me so far, though I'm all sorts of into the lost primarchs/legions. One cool thing you could do with these marines is design them pre-heresy style. Bell of Lost Souls has a Horus Heresy codex, with rules for marines of 10,000 years previous:

http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com/2007/09/warhammer-30000-age-of-heresy-v2.html

What are you thinking about for paint scheme and the sort of tactics/units for the army?

CULCHAIN
30-07-2008, 15:43
the paint scheme is tin bitz with silver trim and electric blue eyes. since they mainly fight warp entities and defend the area I was using gunline and only plasma guns and cannons as well as melta guns and multi meltas

pookie
30-07-2008, 15:58
i think solar macharius is supposed to be roaming around lost in their somewhere.

Soalr Macharius died on route back to Terra after declaring the Crusade he was on was succesful, the wars that followed in that sector as the variuos factions attacked each other for dominance in that region of space, took 100 marine chapters to quell.

DutchKillsRambo
31-07-2008, 00:53
Id say its a good start, but I have two major questions/complaints:

Why were their records expunged from the Imperium? Seems to me that they are still loyal.

Actually this isnt majot, but isnt it RUBINECK? I could be wrong though, its been ages since Ive read that.

Glad to see your doing something with the Iron Hearts though, always loved that name. Any idea for a color scheme? Keep up the good work.

CULCHAIN
31-07-2008, 01:13
Id say its a good start, but I have two major questions/complaints:

Why were their records expunged from the Imperium? Seems to me that they are still loyal.

Actually this isnt majot, but isnt it RUBINECK? I could be wrong though, its been ages since Ive read that.

Glad to see your doing something with the Iron Hearts though, always loved that name. Any idea for a color scheme? Keep up the good work.

1. to keep the warp rift need to know and what would it do if everyone heard of a crippled primarch

2. I like my spelling better

3. the colors are tin bitz with black undertone, and silver trim. the eyes are bright blue

Juicebox
31-07-2008, 01:48
the paint scheme is tin bitz with silver trim and electric blue eyes. since they mainly fight warp entities and defend the area I was using gunline and only plasma guns and cannons as well as melta guns and multi meltas

Sweet, put some pictures once you have em. I'm excited to see how they turn out.

Griffty
31-07-2008, 14:28
Where is does the fluff on rubinik/neck appear? i dont read much black library stuff.

CULCHAIN
31-07-2008, 15:26
in a short story called hell in a a bottle. there is only a brief mention of a primarch called rubinik of the iron hearts

CULCHAIN
02-08-2008, 04:25
I forgot to mention the story ends with a daemonic horde going thru a portal to the legions homeworld