PDA

View Full Version : Names of Psychic Powers and Daemonic Powers

MvS
29-07-2008, 23:00
Can anyone give me the names for all the psychic powers/spells available in the Chaos Space Marine Codex and Chaos Daemon Codex?

I don't want rules, just names.

Also, while you're at it, what are the names of the special rules (like the name of their Invulnerable saving throws and armour etc) for daemon Princes in the Chaos Space Marine Codex and the names for the same for Greater Daemons and Heralds in the daemon Codex?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Tonberry
29-07-2008, 23:13
Chaos Space Marine Powers:

Doombolt, Warptime, Gift of Chaos, Wind of Chaos, Lash of Submission, Nurgle's Rot, Bolt of Change

Name of Chaos Space Marine Daemon Prince special rule : Eternal Warrior

Daemons have no Psychic powers, but shooting attacks, + special gifts with deamony-names which is what I think you're after:

Boon of Mutation, Breath of Chaos, Iron Hide, Daemonic Flight, Daemonic Gaze, Unholy Might, Instrument of Chaos, Blessing of the Blood God, Death Strike, Fury of Khorne, Hellblade, Bolt of Tzeentch, Master of Sorcery, Soul Devourer, Warpfire, We Are Legion, Aura of Acquiescence, Pavana of Slaanesh, Rending claws, Soporific Musk, Transfixing Gaze, Aura of Decay, Cloud of Flies, Noxious Touch, Plaguesword, Juggernaut of Khorne, Chariot of Khorne, Mount of Slaanesh, Chariot of Slaanesh, Disc of Tzeentch, Chariot of Tzeentch, Palanquin of Nurgle.

MvS
29-07-2008, 23:21
You star!

Thanks. :)

Tonberry
30-07-2008, 10:47
For the same of completion, here's some of the ones from the 3.5 edition book

Daemonic Armour, Daemonic Aura, Daemon Chains, Daemonic Essence, Daemonic Fire, Daemonic Mutation, Daemonic Resilience, Daemonic Rune, Daemonic Stature, Daemonic Strenght, Daemonic Speed, Daemonic Talons, Daemonic Visage, Mass Mutation, Warp Focus, Warp Talisman, Dark Blade, Dreadaxe, Ether Lance, Kai Gun, Axe of Khorne, Banner of Rage, Collar of Khorne, Berzerker Glaive, Rage of Khorne, Talisman of Burning Blood, Pandemic Staff, Plague Sword, Plague Banner, Nurgle's Dance, Nausea, Affliction, Miasma of Pestilence, Aura of Decay, Destroyer Hive, Allure of Slaanesh, Needle of Desire, Rapturous STandard, Feulled by Pain, Siren, Beam of Slaanesh, Touch of Slaanesh, She who Thirsts, Bedlam Staff, Blasted Standard, Eye of Tzeentch, Twisting Path, Warp Blade, Pink Fire of Tzeentch, Psychic Duel, Reckoning of Tzeentch, Weaver of Fate, Withering Gaze.

Enjoy :)

MvS
30-07-2008, 13:49
Thanks again.

Do we still have marks and icons in the Chaos Marine Codex by the way?

Tonberry
30-07-2008, 18:22
Icons, no marks.

Jackal_Strain
30-07-2008, 23:10
Only lords, daemon princes and sorcerers gets marks now.

Hellebore
30-07-2008, 23:24
They've made the daemonic 'powers' simply ranged weapons in the daemon codex.

It was an interesting choice but I don't know if it's reflected in the background much. By being ranged weapons it means they don't make psychic tests and thus cannot suffer perils of the warp.

I'd always assumed that PotW on a daemon reflected another daemon's jealous attack.

Most of the Daemon powers have the same name as the chaos marine psychic powers though.

Hellebore

Chrismage
31-07-2008, 00:30
I've always thought the Daemon shooting powers being treated like guns rather than psychic powers made sense in that the shooting is a 'natural' part of the daemon using it. Same difference as bending a spoon with your mind and taking it both hands and twisting it.

Also, interestingly enough, the powers in the Daemon Codex have slightly different names to their counterparts in the Chaos Codex. Breath and Wind, Boon and Gift, etc.