-Champion

9 Wardancers--176pts
-Champion

Treeman--285pts

Treeman--285pts

Casting Pool--4
Dispel Poll--4
Army Cost--1999pts

Tactics are simple, right flank near one forest or building 1 Treeman, 1 lord/heroe, 1 mage, 9 wardancers, and 12 dryads, in the other flank the same think, and the scouts for stop marches or hunt war machines.
What you think simple and eficacy?
Cheers

god octo
01-11-2005, 20:54
How about giving the mage with the divination orb, which can only be used aginst spell cast with MORE than 3 dice a magic arrow, such as starfire or somthing else. Aslo, you could swap the wardancer lords glamourweave for the amaranthine brooch, as i think its only 5 points more. Apart from that, its very mobile and will be difficult to fight- so may fast units.

Reinnon
01-11-2005, 20:59
its illegal, you need a unit of glade guard for those scouts.

overall, i would ditch the lord, upgrade a treeman to an ancient and replace the divination orb with a dispel scroll for a magic arrow.

oh, and get musicians in those wardancers :)

Lizardmen
01-11-2005, 21:38
[QUOTE=its very mobile and will be difficult to fight- so may fast units.[/QUOTE]
I dont understand:confused: , this is good or bad for me?
Oh yes, i can substitute the divination orb for the starfire arrows, and retired scouts and put one unit of 8 dryads and one unit of 12 pass to 11...
And what you think in the army on generaly, can won tournments? without run the rule of flanking what i put to be more competetive?
Cheers!

Wintersdark
02-11-2005, 02:33
Ok... few changes I'd recommend. There'll need to be a little points shifting, take a dryad off here and there etc.

Anyways:

Wardancer Lord: Give him the Amaranthyne Brooch and Annoyance of Netlings. It costs 30 pts more I realise, however it extends his survivability by a VERY large margin. Most frequently he's going to be fighting against non-magic attacks (units) and the odd times when he's facing a character with a magic weapon(instead of the all-pervasive great weapon) he'll at least have the "need 6's to hit in challenge" going on.

Drop the Orb. It's nearly useless - it's 25 pts that will give you one extra dispel die if someone casts a spell with 4 or more dice. Get another dispel scroll instead (use that against the high-cast 4 die spell) or just save the points.

As was said, you need GG for the scouts. I'd honestly just drop em to save the points.

Musicians in the 'dancers. It sucks bad to lose on ties in combat with ranked units.

Give the Moonstone a try if you like, but honestly I've never found it to be very useful. In your case, you don't have enough magic to get much off as far as treesinging goes - essentially just 4 casts, 2 as bound, and 2 with 2 dice each - easily dispelled by most everyone, at least for long enough.

It's one of those items that SOUNDS fantastic, but is only actually useful IF:
* Your opponent doesn't know you have it
* There is a useful forest by his troops that's worth teleporting into.

I've had ONE game so far (out of quite a lot) where I got into a situation where I would have liked it, but every other time I haven't been able to get a setup where it would be even remotely useful at all.

god octo
02-11-2005, 19:09
Sorry for the confusion, what i meant was that your army is very mobile, so your enemies will have a hard time setting up combats in their favour or getting their charge, ( unless its cavalry). So your armys mobility is a good thing for you. You must use that to win, as you cant get combat res for ranks or possibly outnumbering. overall, your army list is good!