PDA

View Full Version : 1k Bretonnian force.

gorenut
02-11-2005, 08:49
Haha, note, I'm trying to stretch as many points straight out of the Battalion boxed set (since I originally got it for warbands) so this might be the most balanced list.. but here it goes:
Paladin - General
-Pegasus, shield, Grail Vow, virtue of joust, Lance of Artois

Paladin
-Pegasus, shield, Grail Vow, Lance, Virtue of Knighly Temper

Paladin
-Pegasus, shield, Gravil Vow, Lance, Virtue of Ideal

Paladin
-BSB, Grail Vow, Mane of Purebreed, Virtue of Discipline, joins knights

5 Knights of the Realm

16 Skirmishing archers

16 Men at Arms

I suppose an alternative list could split the knights into 2 and put paladins amongst those squads and just have a pegasus squad.

Any other alternatives straight from the Battalion box? Thanks.

Icepick
03-11-2005, 19:54
I would say dont have that many characters in 1000pts, drop a few and get a wizard (although i know you want to stretch the battalion, but its not really practical) with at least a few dispel scrolls. Also you are forgetting the bretonnian principle! KNIGHTS! a shoe-load of knights! Use the dropped paladins as normal pegasus knights (useful for flank charges etc.) and buy some knights :p
Anyway, thats what i think

gorenut
03-11-2005, 23:26
I want to go strictly from the Battalion box and if that creates a big weakness in my army, I accept it. One thing I'm planning is to make one of the Paladins a quester and give him the sword of the quest.. maybe make him the BSB so that he may include more wargear/virtues.

NeuroNiky
07-11-2005, 08:56
4 char in 1K points are illegal.... that said, you need more knights, get another unit of them, and if you want 3 chars go for 2 pallys + 1 damsel. Also 16 skirmishers are unwieldy expecially in 1k points (where the tabletop is probably smaller) so I'd get 8-12 of them. Hope this helps, ciao,
Niky

TAU AIR CASTE
07-11-2005, 09:10
I think you missed gorenut's point niky, he wants to use only the models from the battalion box set. Gorenut you tight **** (only kidding lol) :angel: