PDA

View Full Version : codex:exodites?

02-08-2008, 18:45
I'm thinking of doing a codex exodites I have a few ideas (mainly coming from the 2nd ed eldar codex and the CE and DE cllecters guide) but i need more could any of you help me with it?

Sybaronde
02-08-2008, 20:45
I'd recommend that you google up previous material on the subject. I think in the past 15 years there's been a lot of homebrewn codices for the Exodites. Review them as examples and see what you like and dislike about them.

Personally, I think the whole theme of dinosaur riders is kind of retarded, but that's probably why I haven't made a codex: exodites myself. :P

Hellebore
03-08-2008, 06:02
I started writing one a while ago but never finished. I think this is the most up to date version (it does have stuff in it from other things I was working on, so just ignore those...).

Hellebore

Poseidal
03-08-2008, 08:42
I was thinking of creating an Eldar 'allies' codex including more in-depth Harlequins, a healthy dose of corsairs and of course, Exodites.

I envision that Exodites would kind of be like Eldar 'catachans' - they would be very adapted to their chosen environment and be played there, and have a preference for things that work well in that environment.

Helicon_One
04-08-2008, 14:25
You'll find what I regard as the definitive Exodite fan- list at http://www.agisn.de/html/codex_exodites.html

08-08-2008, 14:53
okay here is a couple of Hq choices...

Planet king:

Ws--Bs--S--T--I--W--A--Ld--sv
7----7---4--4-7--4--4--10-- 4+

unit type: infantry (or cavalry/ jetbike if so mounted.)
special rules:
unique, iternal warrior,fearless,fleet of foot
inspiring:every freindly model within 12" of the planet king classes as having Ld 10.
however if he is removed as a casualty all freindly units must take a morale test.

wargear: power weapon, eldar long rifle (see codex eldar), shuriken pistol.

but any way this isn't fiinished but at the moment i'm not supposed to be on the PC because my mum will kill me if she sees me on. (grounded)

Chem-Dog
08-08-2008, 22:36
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40872

Check the third post down, some never released epic exodite pieces in there, definitely an argument for using dinosaurs with big guns as tanks :)

Couple of Ideas that I've had floating around in my head for a while:-
1) Rangers and Pathfinders, fluff has them as moving freely amongst the exodites, if not permanently living with them.
2) Harlequins. Again these guys skip and leap between the sundered children of Isha....
3) Lots of Cavalry. I mean, have you SEEN the new cold ones?! :eek:

I've invented a unit for the Exodites that I'm particularly pleased with, feel free to use abuse or ignore it :)

Eldar Exodite Manitou

Sometimes the Exodites will capture a raging Carnivorous prime hunter, these monsters are incredibly aggressive and almost impossible to tame but with the soothing influence of a spirit stone guiding it the beast can be used to protect the kindreds, it's savage ferocity an asset to any prince who is fortunate to have one in his army.

Ws| Bs| S | T | W | I | A | Ld| Sv | Special Rules
4 | 0 | 6 | 6 | 4 | 3 | 4 | 8| 4+ | Monstrous Creature, Wraithrage.

Wraithrage: The Eldar spirit within the wraithstone sometimes becomes overcome by the beast's single-minded ferocity and must focus to prevent the enraged creature slayingthe Eldar. As per the Wraith Sight rule for Wraith Guard and Wraith Lords.

Basically, this is a Carnosaur with a spirit stone strapped to it's head :) it's the Exodite equivalent of a Wraith Lord.

17-08-2008, 10:02
Planet king:

Ws--Bs--S--T--I--W--A--Ld--sv
7----7---4--4-7--4--4--10-- 2+

special rules:
unique, iternal warrior,fearless,fleet of foot
inspiring:every freindly model within 12" of the planet king classes as having Ld 10.
however if he is removed as a casualty all freindly units must take a morale test.

wargear: power weapon, eldar long rifle (see codex eldar), shuriken pistol. plasma grenades. manntinine cloak: this grants a 4+ invurable save.

Options: may chose mounts from the armoury and weapons from the armoury ( buying different weapons replaces the eldar long rifle)
Pts: 200

Planet lord:

Ws| Bs| S|T| W| I | A| Ld| Sv |
6| 6 | 3| 3| 3 | 6| 3| 10| 3+|

Special rules indepentant character: fleet of foot

Wargear: manntinine cloak: this grants a 4+ invurable save.

options: may select options from the armoury.

pts: 75

planet baron:

ws| bs| s| T| W| I| A| Ld| Sv
5| 5 |3 | 3| 2|5 | 3| 9 | 3+

Special rules indepentant character: fleet of foot

Wargear: manntinine cloak: this grants a 4+ invurable save.

options: may select options from the armoury.

Pts: 55

Elites
Craftworld eldar: somtimes CE hep the exidotes but usually with a very small force. you can chose anything from codex: eldar with the execption of unique characters and they also are a 0-2 coice and even if its not an elites choice it classed as one for an exadote army.

knights:
__________Ws|Bs| S |t| w| I| A| ld| sv
knight_____ 4 | 4| 3 |3|1| 5| 1| 9| 3+
knight cheif 5 | 5| 3 |3|1| 6| 2|10| 3+

unit type: cavalry
Special rules: fleet of hoof.
wargear: laser lance:
options: you may upgrade one to a cheif for +20 pts

Cheif wargear: star lance

cheif options: he and his squad may have the first charge special abilty for + 15 pts which allows the squad when running to move 2d6 " not 1 d6.

Harliquins:
as per codex: eldar

ok thats all for today.

24-08-2008, 14:30
ok im not going to post any more updates on this unless i get more posts

Burakai
25-08-2008, 05:14
I'm not going to give you more posts unless I get more donations.

31-08-2008, 14:23
ok then another elite choice:

planet seer:

WS|BS|S|T|W|I|A|Ld |SV
5| 5 | 3|3|3|6|2|10| _

unit type: infantry or cavalry if so mounted.
special rules: idependent character, fleet

wargear:

runes of protection: this grants the planetseer a 4+ invunrable
Gohst helm: as per codex: Eldar
witchblade and shuriken pistol or 2 witchblades

options: a planet seer can buy the following.
singing spear
runes of warding
runes of witnessing
spirit stones
Note: all of the above are as per codex eldar.
pireigrin: +20 pts

physhic powers. note: the planet seer must chose at
heal (+20 pts) :this phychic power is always active therefore no test is needed to use it and it works in the same way as a SM aprothaceries nathirum.
conceal (+15 pts) : always active: this confers a 4+ cover save to the planet seer and any squad it has joined.
all farsser phychic powers as per codex eldar.

ok this is another elite chose and any more suggestion would be apreiciated.