PDA

View Full Version : Mutation among Chaos Marines

Malevon
05-08-2008, 05:31
Is there a chapter especially given to Spawn-dom and Possession?

Koryphaus
05-08-2008, 05:43
There is a Renegade chapter mentioned in the codex as being pro-possession, can't remember it off the top of my head though. Their heraldry is red and gold.

Nazguire
05-08-2008, 05:55
There is a Renegade chapter mentioned in the codex as being pro-possession, can't remember it off the top of my head though. Their heraldry is red and gold.

The Beasts of Annihilation are one.

The Word Bearers love the idea of Possession too, provided the Marine controls the possession to an acceptable degree.

Spawndom..not so much. That isn't so much a blessing as it is a punishment or unfortunate fate for those who can't control the amount of Chaos energy their body attracts.

Koryphaus
05-08-2008, 05:59
Thats the one! Cheers Nazguire!

Nazguire
05-08-2008, 06:04
Thats the one! Cheers Nazguire!

I'm so awesome.

But yeah, also the Fire Reavers as well quite like the ideas of possession.

Which sorta clashes with the Word Bearer idea that the daemons are below Marines in terms of authority and hierarchy...

So voluntarily sharing your body (or in many cases, giving your body up entirely) to an entity deemed inferior and naught more valuable then cannon fodder strikes me as contradictory.

Koryphaus
05-08-2008, 08:58
Well in Dark Apostle, the Coryphaus doesn't think much of Burias (a Possessed Marine) even though he is the Host's Icon Bearer. He tells him to keep his parasite in check.

I suppose it comes down to pros and cons, the benefits of the possessed Vs your opinion of them, as a Dark Apostle.

Col. Tartleton
05-08-2008, 16:33
Human-Demon interaction is like being at a kegger.

If your a possessed, your like the guy who looks mildly buzzed on his 18 beer. You can handle your alcohol, and your celebrated for it, but no one wants to play Beirut with you cause they'll lose.

A chaos spawn is the guy who downs a bottle of whiskey to everyones cheers and then falls over unconscious and starts vomiting horribly. No one likes you, and even you don't like yourself after that.

Thats my analogy deal with it. :) I think its actually quite accurate. The possessed is in control of his body so people respect but fear you. A spawn is over saturated and no one likes them or will party with them.

Zeddicus
07-08-2008, 17:54
The Beasts of Annihilation are one.

Nice, if I ever start a CSM army, that's the chapter for me.