PDA

View Full Version : Missing/Deleted Space Marine Legions

Quakerman77
05-08-2008, 06:38
In all the fluff, whenever the original space marine legions are listed, two are listed as deleted. Does anyone know who these legions were and what happened to them?

MADJAP77
05-08-2008, 06:45
i would check the archives on this site b4 everyone jumps all over you for bringing back a subject. hope that helps

Iuris
05-08-2008, 07:23
Bottom line:
-we don't know anything about the two leagions (apart from some statistics regarding all the legions )
-we know many things they are NOT (like the Legion of the damned, the Grey knights and so on)
-GW did this on purpose and until they publish something new, we're still in the dark

Mechanicus
05-08-2008, 07:51
I refer you to here (http://forum.blpublishing.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=177&PN=1).

Incognito
07-08-2008, 19:26
If you go by Black Library, then those Legions simply never existed.

One of the Primarchs was accidentally slain by Horus while time-tripping on serious acid, while the other was Alpharius' twin.

Mechanicus
07-08-2008, 21:36
@Incognito: I disagree.

We don't know what happened to primarch XI in the lab, what the effects would be of being exposed to the warp in the way that Horus may or may not have punched the tank, or even whether Horus was only having a vision and hence not actually there. And even if he did die before being found (when we know all 20 primarchs were found and led their legions), then a legion would still have existed before then for him to take up in the event of his being found.

As to the second part, not only is that a spoiler for Legion, but: Omegon is most likely not a missing primarch. Read what the Cabal say; they refer to Alpharius and Omegon as one soul in two bodies, collectively the primarch. Not individually a primarch each. As before, if what you say was true, then there would still be two legions, not one, just with identical geneseed.