PDA

View Full Version : 40k Zombie Skirmish Scenerio

Forlorn
05-08-2008, 17:10
I've been working on a 40k skirmish scenerio using modified 40k rules and house rules.

I apologize for the wall of text. ;)

The following is what I have been working on and I'd like any suggestions or comments. Perhaps someone else has done something similar.

To start, I am a huge zombie fan so I wanted to come up with a zombie scenerio using a small unit of 8 marines in two groups of 4. The particular marines I am using were originally built as a Kill Team and I have added bits to them since then.

I'll be adding pictures this evening of models and the conversions I've done.

The background of the scenerio is that a small unit of Space Marines is dispatched into a long abandoned city to investigate the loss of communications from an Imperial Guard listening post.

I'll be doing this on a 7 foot by 4 foot table with 3/4 of the table being city ruins. I am going to have a river running the 4 foot width across of the end of the table with a ruined bridge as an entry point into the city by the marines. This will be the only way in or out for them.

The marines will be moving towards a locator beacon off the Imperial Guard Vox caster. This beacon of course will be set well within the city and away from their point of exit. They will receive additional orders via their com links as they go. I'm still trying to decide how to do this. I was thinking of making the marine players make communication rolls. A failed roll will result in a garbled and fractured message being received. Ideas on this are welcome.

The marines will move unmolested into the city and I plan on doing small (for the lack of a better word) diaromas that the marines will come across as the venture into the city. A disgarded weapon here, a helmet there, with items appearing more frequently as they continue on. I plan on doing -2- freshly dug graves with the rifles sticking up out of the ground with a helmet over the stock like I have seen done thru various military photos.

Once the marines find the vox caster the fun begins.

I have modeled one of the marines with a tracker. I will be using the "blip" markers from Space Hulk to show unseen movement with the city from unknown targets. Some of the blips will be phantom targets to add in a twist.

I have modeled all the marines so that WYSIWYG regarding weapons and ammunication. There was a disussion on magazine capactity here:

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154569

In that discussion it was noted that bolters fire 4 round bursts. For this game when a player fires he/she will roll 1d6 and the number rolled will be the amount of ammunition expended. I wanted to do it this way because of the difficulty in killing the "undead" and perhaps only one round was needed or as many as six were fired at the target.

The players will be provided a lamenated sheet with ammo boxes representing the magazines they are carrying and each round expended will be recorded. The same recording will be done with pistol, rocket, flamer, and plasma ammuniction. I may also include weapon jams.

I have created small weapon markers that will be used if or when a marine is killed. The weapon that marine was using will be placed where he fell and if another marine can get to that marker he will be able to use that weapon. Due to the limited ammunication I wanted players to have the option of getting to a weapon if needed.

I have also modeled a single undead marine with additonal undead marines to be created and used if they are "turned" so they can be represented on the table.

I am still working on movement ideas where marines will move 1d6 or 1d8 rolled movement to represent the debris and difficulty in movement. The same random die roll would be applied to the zombies using a 1d4 due to their slower movement. No fast zombies here! :p

Any ideas are welcome. I'm also considering doing 2 actions per figure similar to the game Battleground if any of you are familar.

Well I hope to add pictures and get a few suggestions from you guys and gals. Thanks in advance!

Daredhnu
05-08-2008, 20:14
you might want to take a look at the rules for necromunda it has rules for weapon jamming and it's also a fun game overall, anyway i look forward to reading more.

Goq Gar
05-08-2008, 20:48
My vast experience with Zombie RPs is always here if you want it ;)

Deamon-forge
05-08-2008, 21:47
sounds kool,
over on a diffrent forum i am on we also are doing a Zombie based game, so link
http://s3.zetaboards.com/The_Ammobunker/topic/7004253/1/

i played this a few months ago when we all were starting it out rule wise etc and we had a good time. hope it help you out

Forlorn
06-08-2008, 01:39
Here are a few pictures. One Zombie Marine, my weapon markers, a few of the marines themselves and 11 zombie/cadian conversions I've done so far.

Comments welcome.

Forlorn
06-08-2008, 01:45
@ Deamon-forge: I cannot see that post. It seems it's for members only.

@ Daredhnu: I actually have the old set of Necromunda rules. I'll take a look for those jam rules. I never thought to look in there. Thanks!

@ Goq Gar: This may be a bit of RP as well. I was thinking of adding in random events during the game that will help direct and deliver the marine players in the direction I want them to go. You can never under estimate a player!

Thanks for the replies. Keep them coming!

Deamon-forge
06-08-2008, 10:28
Aha ok here is a new link http://s3.zetaboards.com/The_Ammobunker/topic/7023822/1/#new this mite work

also were did you get the metal rocket thing from? as its bloody ace.

Forlorn
06-08-2008, 12:19
@ Deamon-forge: Armorcast is the company. (905) Missile/Rocket/RPG Launcher Upgrade

Linkie..

http://armorcast.com/store/index.php?cPath=72

Deamon-forge
06-08-2008, 13:14
thanks ordering some now LOL.
i would but i keep geting the same damn page up, asking to register, and click continue and well the same PAge AHA i so want some of them!