PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Dwarf Lord on a Great Taurus any good?

ebolatheripe
02-11-2005, 22:20
I want to do a Chaos Dwarf 2000pt army. I want to have a tooled up CD Lord on a Great Taurus but he seems so vulnerable being a large target and no really good Ward save available.

CD Lord- Armor of Gazakh, Obsidion Blade, Great Taurus= 450pts

Seems like a lot of points to sink into a character that feels so unprotected. Is it worth the points? Has anyone had good or bad experiences playing with or against a CD lord on a Great Taurus?

rune
06-11-2005, 21:55
Well, i doubt anyones had much experience with or against one, but the general rule would be ..

do you need him right there with your infantry at all times providing ld10? most certainly not @ld9 base.. so fly stuntie, fly like the eagles..

Autobot HQ
06-11-2005, 22:13
Go with Armour of Gazakh, Enchanted Shield and Hammer of Hashut, on the big flying bull O' doom. It works, Especially as he doesn't have to be your general because your basic Hero also is Ld10, allowing you to make him your boss-fella, so you're not giving out those +100vps

ebolatheripe
06-11-2005, 23:24
Go with Armour of Gazakh, Enchanted Shield and Hammer of Hashut, on the big flying bull O' doom. It works, Especially as he doesn't have to be your general because your basic Hero also is Ld10, allowing you to make him your boss-fella, so you're not giving out those +100vps
But he is a Lord choice and the other is a hero. I thought if you had a lord then that has to be your general?

Flypaper
07-11-2005, 06:45
CD heroes have Ld10? Yikes! :eek:

@ebola: Nope, the only restriction is that the general has to have the highest leadership. There are some armies which force the lord to be the general (e.g. a Slann), but those state it specifically for that lord choice. High Elves potentially get the reverse with Intrigue at Court...

ebolatheripe
07-11-2005, 06:59
CD heroes have Ld10? Yikes! :eek:

@ebola: Nope, the only restriction is that the general has to have the highest leadership. There are some armies which force the lord to be the general (e.g. a Slann), but those state it specifically for that lord choice. High Elves potentially get the reverse with Intrigue at Court...

Thank you flypaper. I didn't know that. It opens up many possibilities I hadn't considered before.

Autobot HQ
07-11-2005, 22:20
Good ol' ravaging hordes list, dwarfs with Ld10 on their heroes, can't argue really lol. Give a hero the gauntlets of Bazrak the Cruel and a great weapon, with the suit of 2+ armour save which I cant remember it's name. S7 chariot killer general, in a unit of *whatever*

The you have the aforementioned fire-proof flying cow crashing around where you need him, without the worry of his Ld being elsewhere or giving away +100VP on his already juicy price tag.