PDA

View Full Version : new dark elf molds?

Marinox
06-08-2008, 18:10
so i'm a long time 40k player convert to fantasy and i'm nearing completion of painting my dark elf spearhead box...

and i was wondering, if anyone knew if there are more new dark elf molds coming down the pipe?

for example, should i wait to buy wytches and what not or should i just bite the bullet and start pulling off the shelf?

i was just wondering if you fellas had heard anything, cause i'll be a bit salty if i get loads of stuff only to have a new design come out a couple of months later.

Edonil
06-08-2008, 21:30
I haven't heard anything about new models, but I doubt a release of the Witch Elves would be included in any new models put out. Myself, I'll be converting the new daemonette models (with a little bit of green stuff work and the plastic corsair kit, it shouldn't be too complicated). Maybe that'll work for you?

Kronos
06-08-2008, 21:35
also the new daemonettes (with some wings) would make some very cool looking Harpies.

Arduhn
07-08-2008, 00:45
As far as I know, all the new models came in the spearhead excepting only two of the new assassin models. Therefore, all other models should be a safe buy.

Marinox
07-08-2008, 01:31
thanks for the heads up guys.

i'll give the deamonettes a shot, but i'm pretty horrible at conversions. i'll see what i can come up with though.

thanks again fellas.

Nineswords
07-08-2008, 06:51
I think the new Daemonettes will make some good harpies too.

By the way, love the sig. I chuckle at any reference to bloodninja.

Count Zero
07-08-2008, 07:12
the safest buys would probably by black guard and executioners imo.

the chariots will almost certainly be redone, although it may just be a coldone resculpt. malekith also isnt in the new book so its a good chance he will get redone.

craskie666
07-08-2008, 17:08
harpies arnet in the book either soo they mite be as well

Arduhn
08-08-2008, 01:33
What's in the book isn't always an indication of what will or won't be redone. For the time being I am very happy with what we got from this release. A few other goodies might have been nice, but I am satisfied. I wouldn't expect more Dark Elves for a few years.

Dranthar
08-08-2008, 06:19
My understanding is that they're now releasing new models for armies on a continuous basis, or at least in waves. So other models will surely get redone within the next 1-2(?) years.

Aside from educated guesses based on what's way out of date (chariots, dark riders), I'd have no idea which.