PDA

View Full Version : 2 chrace warhosts

Boss Zagstruk
06-08-2008, 22:05
Im planning a chrace high elf army. Ive always liked white lions and in this edition theyve come into a league of their own in my opinion. Shame lion guard doesnt exist nw :(

I plan on having 2 armies. The first will be used for the majority of battles and the second list is slightly altered to include a griffon for some fun. Please rate both :)

List 1 - Standard list
Prince with heavy armour, shield, barded steed, star lance and vambraces of defence.

Korhil.

Mage, level 2, jewel of dusk.

Mage, level 2, ring of fury and silver wand.

19 spear elves with full command and banner of ellyroin. *1 mages goes here*

19 spear elves with full command. *1 mage goes here*

13 white lions with full command and lion standard. * korhil here *

14 white lions with full command and warbanner.

2 Lion chariots.

5 dragon princes with full command and banner of sorcerery. *prince here*

2 eagles.

2 bolt throwers.

Total - 2500

List 2 - with griffon
Prince on griffon with heavy armour, shield, star lance, helm of fortune and guardian phoenix.

Mage, level 2, jewel of dusk.

Mage, level 2, ring of fury and silver wand.

14 white lions with full command and lion standard.

14 white lions full command.

2 lion chariots.

6 dragon princes with full command and banner of sorcerery.

eagle.

2 bolt throwers.

Total - 2491

So what do you think then of both lists?

Archon.42
07-08-2008, 00:26
i prefer the second list, altho i would drop the griffin, put the prince on a steed and cart him around with the princes
then have some more points for perhaps a batte standard to really hold those infanrty firm
but thats just me

Boss Zagstruk
08-08-2008, 14:47
Anyone else for a comment? I am concidering a bsb but dont no were to get the points from. Any sugegstions there?

Dead Man Walking
09-08-2008, 01:18
My list for white lions has 2 lvl 2 mages on barded steeds (for 5+ armor), a bsb and Khorhil.

Having leadership 8 units that are stubborn are great but it all comes down to the leadership rolls. A BSB gives you two chances to hold and counting on what equipment you give him he can fulfill different rolls.

There is an item to make him a level 1 mage, if you need more dispel dice and casting power (its minor, but every bit helps).
Put him in full armor and barded steed, give him enchanted shield and the +2 str killing blow sword and you are an effective fighter (1+ save, str 6 killing blow striking first!).
If you make sure he doesnt get into combat against a big nasty you can put the +d6 to combat resolution banner on him and just take regular fighting gear.
The best in my opinion is the sword and shield combo.

Khorhil should go in a spearmen unit which has a unit champ, he makes units he joins stubborn and the more stubborn you have the better.

My spearmen get the elyrion banner so they can mimic the white lions ability to move through woods (and other difficult terrain.).

My mage gets the magic item that gives them a 2+ ward save vrs magic (40 pnts) and my other mage takes opponents powerdice and makes it a dispel die.

I field 3 units of 15 white lions and place a mounted character in each unit giving it a 6 wide frontage. Through banners and unit champs each unit gets magic resistance or a 2+ ward vrs magic.
15 white lions full command-+3 magic resistance banner (Mage who sucks powerdice here.)
15 white lions Full command- (Mage with 2+ ward vrs magic), +1 cr bsb
15 White lions - Full Command- Immune to fear and terror banner (bsb in this unit, unit champ with magic resitance item)
17 Spearmen+ Khorhail Full command -(Item to do 3 ranks of attacks to front that count as magical on champ
10 archers (often used as sacrificial unit)
2 Eagles
RBT
White lions chariot
White lions chariot
6 Powerdice, 5 dispel dice

All My character mounts are actually White lion models.