PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Chaos Dwarf list

ebolatheripe
03-11-2005, 02:34
Even though I like Chaos Dwarves I don't like the slow, shootem-up style of play in most CD lists. So I devised this:

Chaos Dwarf Lord= Armour of Gazrakh, Obsidion Blade
with 15 CD Warriors= Full Command, Great Axes

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer= Extra level, 2 Dispell Scrolls
with 15 CD Warriors= Full Command, Blunderbusses

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer= Extra level, Black Gem of Gnar

Bull Centaur Battle Standard Bearer= Battle Standard
with 7 Bull Centaurs= Champ., Musician, Heavy Armour

8 Bull Centaurs= Full Command, Heavy Armour

6 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders= Champ., Musician, Bows, Light Armour, Shields, Wolves

6 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders= Musician, Bows, Light Armour, Shields, Wolves

1 Death Rocket

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers

I will probably be using the Shadow or Metal (just because no one else uses it and it fits there Fluff) Lores of magic. What do you think? Balanced against all comers?

kubrick54
05-11-2005, 03:40
What ? no Earthshaker ?!

ebolatheripe
05-11-2005, 07:57
What ? no Earthshaker ?!
Can't fit an earthshaker in if I have two units of Bull Centaurs (Rare). I thought I needed two because as my fastest dangerous units I expect them to get first targeting priority by enemy artillery. Believe me if I could figure out a way to get an earthshaker and mobility as well, I would.

Slappy
07-11-2005, 01:21
Wolfriders are minimum 10 to a unit.

You also need more Hobgoblins slaves for fodder.

You do realize Bull Centaurs are kinda....worthless? Their points are better spent on Earthshakers and hobgoblin slaves.

ebolatheripe
07-11-2005, 02:30
Wolfriders are minimum 10 to a unit.

You also need more Hobgoblins slaves for fodder.

You do realize Bull Centaurs are kinda....worthless? Their points are better spent on Earthshakers and hobgoblin slaves.

I didn't realize that the Wolf riders are 10+. I'll up the unit sizes. Thanks.

Why would Bull Centaurs be worthless? They are fast, Have good enough armour and Stats. I haven't used them yet but I see no big flaws. Please explain why. Besides Everyone has an earthshaker. They probably wouldn't be expecting a CD force to be this fast:) I don't want too many HobGobs. Although Sneeky gitts kind of appeal to me. Does this force absolutly NEED fodder.

gortexgunnerson
08-11-2005, 20:57
Bull centaurs are a bit crap due to their low save to points ratio. They cost the same as other heavy calavry but have only heavy armour which means they can be just slapped by any type of missle weapon. (Am pretty sure centaurs don't get +1 save for being mounted as they aren't lol)

Whereas Earthshakers are potentially the best piece of artillery in the game as it totally cripples the effectiveness of the enemy army if it hits. Whilst also being able to crush enemy units.

Earthshakers don't add speed but they do take it from your oppenent which can be better

Latro
08-11-2005, 21:47
Bull centaurs are a bit crap due to their low save to points ratio. They cost the same as other heavy calavry but have only heavy armour which means they can be just slapped by any type of missle weapon. (Am pretty sure centaurs don't get +1 save for being mounted as they aren't lol)

... but they can claim the extra +1 save when using a hand weapon and shield. Which means that for just 150 pts you get:

- 11 attacks at strength 6 and a 5+ save

or

- 11 attacks at strength 4 and a 3+ save

Not too bad for just 150 pts ... I know I would pay those points for that much oomph :D

:cool:

ebolatheripe
08-11-2005, 21:47

Whereas Earthshakers are potentially the best piece of artillery in the game as it totally cripples the effectiveness of the enemy army if it hits. Whilst also being able to crush enemy units.

Earthshakers don't add speed but they do take it from your oppenent which can be better

I see both points and am kind of leanig twards BC's strengths and weaknesses being a wash. I revised my list taking into account some of the suggestions from this thread and another I posted about CDL's on Giant Tauruse's. How's this?

Chaos Dwarf Lord= Great Taurus, Armour of the Furnace, Hammer of Hashhut, Shield

Chaos Dwarf Hero (General)= Armour of Gazrakh ,Gauntlets of Bazarak the crule, Great weapon
with 15 CD Warriors= Full Command, Great Axes

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer= Extra level, 2 Dispell Scrolls

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer= Extra level, 1 Dispell Scrol

8 Bull Centaurs= Full Command, Heavy Armour

10 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders= Champ., Musician, Bows, Light Armour, Shields, Wolves

1 Earthshaker Cannon

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers

I still don't want more Hobgob's unless it is absolutly nessesary for shooting fodder. Is it in this army? Are the Great Taurus, Wolf riders, Shaddow magic and Earthshaker enough defence against artillery and shooting?