PDA

View Full Version : First go at a VC list (2000pts)

polymphus
03-11-2005, 06:19
I'm just experimenting with the army book a bit, any thoughts on this list?

Lords

Von Cartstein Vampire Lord
Lvl3 Upgrade
Call Winds
Aura of Dark Majesty
Great Weapon
General
371pts

Heroes

Von Cartstein Vampire Thrall
Wolf Form
The Flayed Hauberk
Great Weapon
134pts

Necromancer
Lvl2 Upgrade
Book of Arkhan
Dispell Scroll
150pts

Core

20 Skeleton Warriors
Light Armour
Full Command
205pts

20 Skeleton Warriors
Light Armour
Full Command
205pts

20 Skeleton Warriors
Light Armour
Full Command
205pts

30 Zombies
180pts

30 Zombies
180pts

Special

20 Grave Guard
Full Command
Banner of the Barrows
Shields
345pts

A black coach would be fluffy but I ran out of points.
Cheers
Poly

gorenut
03-11-2005, 06:54
Me personally.. wouldn't go LORD and stick with Count if playing the regular list. If you're playing Army of Sylvania, thats another thing.

Ditch the Zombies and maybe the Grave Guards to make room for some Black KNights and direwolves. Just my personal opinion.

devolutionary
03-11-2005, 07:30
No Dire Wolves? Dude! You have nothing fast in that list except for a mere Thrall. You will be outmanuevered and out gunned with nothing to take down warmachines. With the expected rise of the Dwarves soon, Warmachines could become a major and common factor. Lord to Count, drop the Zombies (or 2 Skellie Units), get two 5-10 Wolf units and some Black Knights. If you have the points spare, get a Wight and place him with the Grave Guard or Black Knights, since they are always fun :p

Keller
03-11-2005, 14:32
I think it looks like a pretty decent list. Fast units are nice, but not essential; you just have to watch your movements more and be ready to accept charges. You have 5 solid blocks of disposable troops, and a solid regiment of elites, so you should be alright, barring and mortars landing on you.

Call winds can be helpful, but I really don't think its worth taking in less than a 3000 point game, when you can have a second vampire with it. Using the ability can help alliviate missile fire, but it also means your vamp gets to sit in the back and do nothing useful. You are gonna need him up there to take out the big nasties that the enemy throws at you. A ward save is always a good idea on the man who holds the army together, too.

I like using Lords over Counts, but thats just me. I often find I don't need another fighter hero, and would rather take the Lord over another Necro. Either works.

fubukii
03-11-2005, 17:08
drop lord to a count, drop the zombie units, get another necro and some dire wolves. In 2k 6 levels of magic for vc is the min i would go with, as a balanced vc list needs magic to survive.

Warptraveller
04-11-2005, 05:09
I'd say you've got a reasonable list in my opinion. The only thing is that as devolutionary pointed out you don't have anything fast. Maybe drop the Grave guard and one unit of the skeleton units for some black knights, and see if you can give your necromancer a nightmare, so he an use his spells more affectively.

polymphus
04-11-2005, 22:24
Alrighty then...newer,improved...er and deadlier than before...the second draft! *lightning strike*

Lords

Von Carstein Vampire Count
Lvl2 Upgrade
The Carstein Ring
Additional Hand Weapon
General
346pts

Heroes

Von Carstein Vampire Thrall
Wailing Helm
Heavy Armour
Lance
Barded Nightmare
150pts

Necromancer
Lvl2 Upgrade
Dispell Scroll
125pts

Necromancer
Lvl2 Upgrade
Book of Arkhan
125pts

Core

20 Skeletons
Light Armour
Full Command

20 Skeletons
Light Armour
Full Command

30 Zombies
180pts

29 Zombies
174pts

5 Dire Wolves
50pts

5 Dire Wolves
50pts

Special

3 Fell Bats
60pts

3 Spirit Host
195pts

Rare

Black Coach (mwahahaha:evilgrin: )
200pts

Any thoughts?
Cheers
Poly

Tormentor of Slaanesh
05-11-2005, 20:16
dude, where will your thrall go? Have some knights.
keep necromancers on foot for los and safety.
spirit hosts, yay.
The problem is that you have no hard hitting flankers except the coach which means you'll be ground down eventually even with your brillian magic.

Hideous Loon
06-11-2005, 20:25
Do this: Remove one of the Necromancers, a unit of Wolves and some of the Skellies and Zombies. Include a big unit of barded Black Knights. Put Thrall in unit. Laugh evil laughter. Or replace "Black Knights" with "Grave Guards", and "Thrall" with "General". At any case, include Wights in the army. They simply rock. Especially with the Banner of the Barrows.