PDA

View Full Version : dark elves vs daemons

kingpinuk24
08-08-2008, 09:24
ok first sorry if theres another thread like this couldent find one
but heres my problem ive been challenged in the local tornament by extremly beardy deamon army easyest way to put it is magic and combat heavy and looking like he may get throught gt this year after just missing the finals by a point so my problem is how to stop this army of dread

i can feild any thing in the dark elve range but a caldron of blood so any one out there plese help

Chain
08-08-2008, 09:34
Haven't had a counting warhammer battle in years, so take my comment with a grain of salt

Against an army of brute force , I would get shooters and Rxbows seem quite decent for that job.

Against the more buffed up ones, I think the ASF banner could come in handy, Perhaps in a regiment of Black guard with a Dreadlord using Executioners axe.

Pendant of Khaelith would likely be of good use against daemons to

Lord Khabal
08-08-2008, 09:43
Daemon armies are (usually) very specialized forces. By your description it seems to be a tzeentch/khorne combo.
It will have a strong magic defense (MR+DD), so you should focus on countermagic. DMS and miscast ring are your friends.
It is likely that a big unit of horrors (30) will be fielded, so use the witches to make horror juice. as for the GD, BT are your best bet so no Hydra...
The rest is pretty much according to your style of play. I don't really like tailoring lists anyway...

isidril93
08-08-2008, 13:43
use witches and black guard with their many attcks. you should also use corsairs with either weapon options.