PDA

View Full Version : The Rise of Whitepaw! (2k Tournament.)

Shamfrit
08-08-2008, 12:25
Greyseer Shamfrit Whitepaw
Screaming Bell -
20 Clanrats, Banner, Musician, Ratling Gun.

Dispel Scroll, Warpstone Amulet.
(670)

---

Engineer Skrit
Supercharged Warp-Power Accumulator, Upgraded Warp-Energy Condensor, Warp-Blades.
Death Globes, Storm Daemon.
(130)

---

Engineer Friz
Supercharged Warp-Power Accumulator, Upgraded Warp-Energy Condensor, Warp-Blades.
Dispel Scroll, Eye of the Horned Rat.

---

Squeek Squeek The Fury
Battle Standard Bearer.
Warpstone Armour, Talisman of Protection.
(120)

---

25 Clanrats
Musician, Banner, Ratling Gun.
(200)

25 Clanrats
Musician, Banner, Ratling Gun.
(200)

20 Clanrat Slaves
Musician
(44)

20 Clanrats Slaves
Musician
(44)

20 Clanrat Slaves
Musician
(44)

6 Nightrunners
(30)

6 Nightrunners
(30)

23 Plaguemonks
Banner, Musician, Umbranner.

7 Plague Censer Bearers
(119)

---

Casting Dice - 12 (13)
Dispel Dice - 6.

---

This is my second draft for a tourney we're running, no special characters, and the other armies are 2 Vampire Counts, Tomb Kings, Wood Elves, Dwarves, High Elves and Dark Elves.

Let 'em rip!

greent
08-08-2008, 23:02
Looks pretty solid to me

Makarion
08-08-2008, 23:46
Is the musician in the slaves worth it? Mind you, I have never seen them actually rally...

I like the Deathglobes quite a bit, especially since it's a trump no ones sees coming, but for pure efficiency, you might want a boring second dispel scroll. Still, for style I'd take the globes any day of the week. I have had great fun with a a globes-carrying engineer in a unit of nightrunners.
Fond memories include a unit of Ironguts including the Ogre general, and a ranked (!) unit of mounted lizardmen with banner. So yeah, it may fail occasionally, but that's the luck of the draw for skaven :).

Shamfrit
09-08-2008, 06:19
If they're in range of the seer they're rallying on LD10 :D

If they've lost a rank or two it's still LD7/8 :D

vinny t
09-08-2008, 14:47
Do fleeing units still have ranks. I thought they were a disorganized mass.

Gokamok
09-08-2008, 16:05
The main idea of giving musicians to slaves is that they rally on LD3 rather than LD2 when out of the generals LD bubble, effectively tripling the chance that they'll rally and be able to claim table quarters later on. (at least that's why I used to have musicians on my slaves:D)

Violadudester
09-08-2008, 23:24
Do fleeing units still have ranks. I thought they were a disorganized mass.

You're correct vinny t, skaven or any unit lose ranks when they flee, thus slaves don't get ranks for rallying from fleeing.

I personally don't think plague monks/censers are all that great, but if they work for you thats cool. I woud like to see some jezzails maybe/possibly, they really are great at destroying just about anything with a high AS, aka knights. Good luck at the tournament.

Shamfrit
09-08-2008, 23:28
Could you BRB quote that please?