PDA

View Full Version : Doghouse's Dark Eldar Kabal

doghouse
10-08-2008, 10:02
To me the Dark Eldar are one of the most challenging armies to not only play with but to put together.
Used correctly they can dominate the game but the slightest mistake will be punished turning your well planned raid for slaves into a massacre.
Modelwise they are extremely limited, being very much a third edition army and with the redesign a year or so away you don't really have a lot to work with so need to be inventive if you want to have an army that stands out from the crowd.
To update the model a little I've used parts from the new Dark Elf Cold One riders and added the head of an unfortunate Space Wolf along with an Eldar Guardian and Human skull.
I'll post some better shots once my camera has recharged.

WIP Archon

This is the leader of my raiding party that I'm initially aiming for around a thousand points to begin with.
I've armed him with an Agoniser, Shadow field, Splinter pistol and trophy rack to begin with.
I've decided to go for a purple colour scheme for the Kabal and have given him gold armour to make him stand out from the crowd as the Archon.
I've also elongated the model to make the Dark Eldar taller and more slender by lengthening the legs and torso, a siple conversion that I will apply to all the models in the army.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture002-3.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture009-3.jpg

For his bodyguard I'm scratch building the Incubi, this will form a serious close combat unit that should hopefully be able to tackle most enemy units and whose armour saves and strength bonus should put them on an equal footing with the likes of the Astartes.
The model has been made using Dark Elf bits to create a heavier more ornate look to the armour and I will be adding more to create the Tormentor helm later on.

WIP Incubi

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture003-3.jpg

For the Dark Eldar warriors I'm using the same extension technique as before but sticking with mostly the bits from the Warrior kits and modifying Guardian helms to update the design a little.
This is a simple conversion so as not to bog me down and distract me from my main goal of gettting a small force together.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture005-4.jpg

redstarone
10-08-2008, 10:07
Great, now I have to start a Dark Eldar army...

Seriously thought, ive always wanted to do waht your doing but had no idea where to start. You just opened my eyes once again. Amazing stuff as always Doghouse, and once again you have proven you being back in the hobby is a great thing for us all.

:chrome:

doghouse
10-08-2008, 10:11
Thanks mate, I greatly appreciate the compliment! :)

Wyches

For the Elite slot I've decided to go with a squad of Wyches backed up by a unit of Warp Beasts. I really don't like using metal models so have decided to scratch build my own for the army.
At the moment I'm using parts from the Daemonette kits combined with Dark Eldar and Eldar parts. These are a bit of an experiment at the moment and still looking pretty rough but I'm hoping they'll look ok when finished.

WIP Wyches

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture006-5.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture007-4.jpg

Ganymene
10-08-2008, 10:14
Awesome! Another doghouse log. :chrome:

That Incubi is amazing. Can't wait to see it painted!

The purple and gold on the Archon really go well together.

I'll definitely be watching this log.

redstarone
10-08-2008, 10:15
Now im simply speechless.

*goes to order a few boxs of dark elf and demonettes*

Ive always wanted to make a 1500 wych army. Ill be eagarly awaiting your next pics.

Suicide Messiah
10-08-2008, 10:44
Wow, really nice. Those DE parts work a treat.

G.Hawke
10-08-2008, 10:48
wow doghouse, just wow. such simple yet highly effective models... truely brilliant!

hawke

Tommygun
10-08-2008, 10:53
That first guy is pure psycho. He looks like an equal opportunity serial killer.

sideorder_of_chips
10-08-2008, 10:54
Doghouse you are awesome. These are the sort of models GW should be making rather than being content with models from eight years and two editions ago! Really excellent job mate

Aurellis
10-08-2008, 10:57
Great Wyches and Archon, I've never seen a Dark Eldar army like it.

I'm very impressed!

swifty2
10-08-2008, 11:04
These are absoloutely awesome mate, i'm so tempted to go out and buy shedloads of elves and eldar now (NO, must focus)

folnjir
10-08-2008, 12:21
These look great. Good to see someone having a go at Dark Eldar. Looking forward to more.

Luke
10-08-2008, 12:25
Oh my. This is so subscribed! They look damn good! I hope GW takes a leaf from your book when they finally decide to pull their fingers out.

doghouse
10-08-2008, 12:32
Thanks guys!

WIP Marauder Class Raider

This is the beginings of my first Raider for the force. I've increased the size of the model so that it can fit ten models on board and altered the profile to make it more Eldar-like.
I've still got to add the detailing and clean up a few areas but it's getting there.
This will be the Archon's personal Raider so I may bling it up a bit more than the others.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture010-3.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture013-5.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture011-5.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture012-4.jpg

swifty2
10-08-2008, 13:07
That things sweet mate, its very woooooooowwwww, and si very ooooooooooooohhhhhhh, really nice work it looks like something that could actually carry enough warriors to conduct a raid and then return with prisoners on board.

clandestine
10-08-2008, 13:18
those models are awesome! especially that incubi, they look very kool, like the new artwork from the 40k book!

keep it up

Mr Feral
10-08-2008, 13:27
This is how all Dark Eldar should be like. Enough said really. :)

Damokles
10-08-2008, 14:01
really cool, just one question, why the heck couldn't GW come up with such designs in years?

Earthbeard
10-08-2008, 14:04
Saw these fellows over on another site earlier. Loved them there and love them here.

Top notch conversions, top notch indeed.

Coolhand
10-08-2008, 14:11
Nice start looking forward to see a few more painted

Dawn of the Dogs
10-08-2008, 15:20
not too long ago, we were talking at my local gw about effective DE could be but how crap they looked atm. and i had a fun time reminiscing about the time a talos plowed through my stationary leman russ.

these look great! cant wait to see what else you have in stall for them!

phoenixshroud
10-08-2008, 15:31
Awesome work!

Rabid Bunny 666
10-08-2008, 15:35
Wow, you seem to improve every kit you touch, these are superb, the Incubi looks really menacing, although the Archon could do with a cloak or something.

Have you seen the new raider drawing? Its in the rumor section, might look good if you do the gunshields like that one.

lredman
10-08-2008, 15:38
Those wyches are the *****. Absolutely spot on.

The enlarged raider is also nice - are you going to put a prisoner storage area on it? I'm sure you could think of - and model - something suitably cool.

Luthien
10-08-2008, 16:46
Kick **** work Doghouse, if the dark eldar look even a little bit like yours when they're updated i'll be happy. Keep this up :D

tortoise
10-08-2008, 17:19
Very nice work. I just hope you don't finish the army just in time to have it pretty much invalidated by the new codex. Hopefully GW have the same idea as you and use the new dark elf look to update the dark eldar.

The wyches look particularly good IMO, although I'm not sold on using the daemonette head. I'm also very much liking the incubi. Great use of the helms for the cold one knights on both the incubi and the lord.

xedric
10-08-2008, 17:32
Love how you are using the demonettes!

*goes to order a few boxs of dark elf and demonettes*

*sigh* me too.... :P

Ciaphas Cain
10-08-2008, 18:35
Doh...you did it again...awesome.

Cheers

CC

Metal Fingered Villain
10-08-2008, 18:49
man, I've got a crapload of those old dark eldar sprues. I think now I know what I'll do with them. Jolly good stuff mate. cheers.

de Selby
10-08-2008, 18:53
Hmm. Let's hope Jes Goodwin steals some of your ideas... :D

Great work, it's a rare achievement to make DE look good.

Light of the Emperor
10-08-2008, 18:53
*cries*

Wonderful Doghouse! That is what the DE should look like! It's great to see a log of yours again. Cheers!

dr.oetk3r
10-08-2008, 22:07
Damn, this is great!

Leonathion
11-08-2008, 08:30
Why dont you work as concept designer for the new DE book? If GW produces DE half as good as theese, I might by them.
Great log! Keep it up and post more pics! This thread is boiling with aniticipation!

rickie8437
11-08-2008, 10:43
wow doghouse strikes again hehe

very cool looking dark eldar mate i have to say im loving the bodyguard he looks dead ard

andyg2006
11-08-2008, 10:53
These are really very nice indeed - lovely work!
I've got a Dark eldar army for the look of them but I didn't want them looking all the same...also been wanting to do my Guard Rough Riders using DE Cold One Knights, but wasn't sure what to do with the Elf riders, but now I know - inspirational!

HereticLosMorte
11-08-2008, 16:25
wow doghouse, yet another amazing conversion thread.
i always enjoy checking out your stuff

Melchor
11-08-2008, 16:30
As soons as I read the name of the topic-starter I knew this was going to be good. I wasn't disappointed.

Awesome conversions doghouse!

doghouse
11-08-2008, 17:32
Wow, loads of responses. Thanks guys! :)

I wasn't sure how well these guys would go down but am pleased that everyone seems to like them. :)

I really do like the Dark Eldar and have a soft spot for the Eldar as well. Although everything I'm doing here will probably be outdone by GW themselves when the new codex is eventually released it's fun delving into the darker side of the Eldar race.

I'm working on the background material for the Archon and the Kabal at the moment which will flesh the army out a little more and give me some direction for the army as a whole. I'll try and update asap. :)

Malorian
11-08-2008, 18:19
I think if the model range was actually like this DE would be a LOT more popular.

Great work.

tcraigen
11-08-2008, 19:02
good work I like your use of Dark Elves gives them a nice "older" look like a Kabal who has gone a little more archaic and medevil then High tech tormentor, I like the chainmail face guard specifically on the incubi hope you don't remove that feature.

doghouse
11-08-2008, 19:45
Thanks guys! :)

Don't worry mate the chainmail is staying although I do need to add the pistol element of the tormentor helm. I think I'll take a closer look at the Striking Scorpions for more inspiration on that one though.

Opportunities.

Brother Gunnar howled with fury at the death of Erik at the hands of the female Dark Eldar Archon and her bodyguard. Mindlessly the Space Wolves Scout lashed out with his bolter, its magazine had long since run dry, clearing an area around himself and that of his fallen brother as the xenos nimbly dodged and weaved around him.
His left eye was a torn and bloody mess, alien blades had made short work of his squad as their ambush had been turned against them and now he stood alone as they circled him like a wounded beast.
Gunnar was a seasoned tracker without equal yet these foul xenos had set upon them emerging from the shadows of forest like terrible furies of old. Whilst a number of them had fallen during the attack where-ever they had struck one of his brothers had met the grace of the Emperor, to die in battle was a glorious fate but the sly attackers had given them little chance to put up a fight seeking ultimately only to isolate him from his pack brothers.
The armoured Incubi came at him with lightening speed, he ducked under sweeping blow of it’s bladed staff grabbing it firmly by the throat and swinging it full force into a tree. Its lifeless body fell to floor in a heap, its head lay at an unnatural angle to its neck.
Wasting no time the second Incubi leap high into the air, a blade dashed deep into Gunnar’s forearm but he let out no cry of pain or anguish. Turning in a broad arc, his arms extended, he swept down to grab his brother’s axe and in one fluid motion brought it up high above his head, grasping the hilt with both hands and bought it crashing down with full force onto his attacker’s shoulder splintering it’s armour and parting it’s torso to the waist. He shook the creature’s body free from the master crafted blade as he steadied himself and began to swing it in a slow methodical and intimidating arc.
The lone Wolf stood blooded and broken, seeing her chance the Archon leapt upon her foe with un-natural grace, each passing gesture cut into the Astartes flesh severing tendons and slicing through muscles. The unrelenting barrage of blows proved too much as Gunnar slumped to his knees exhausted.
“You are but a beast,” The Archon said as she removed her helmet “a savage and unworthy test of my skills.” She continued as she slowly paraded herself around him savouring the kill “You lack the foresight to see that it is not the strength of the blow but precision with which it is delivered, your mind clouded by anger and hatred made you blind to the opportunities that present themselves in the fury of combat…”
She stopped mid-sentence, unable to catch her breath, to stare in disbelief at the two blades of an Agoniser protruding from her chest.
“As does your arrogance my Archon,” Verec said as he whispered into her ear drawing her slowly onto his blades “your distain for this creature and lack of vigilance concerning your choice of personal guard were all the opportunity I needed to rid myself of you and take my place as Archon of our Kabal.” He paused to breath deeply of her essence as her life force left her body, the exquisite elixir of a thousand tormented souls coursed through his veins invigorating his body. His hair became the colour of the snow at their feet as the souls of the fallen were drawn into him.
“You will die this day Eldar!” The wolf growled through bloodied teeth, but with a single sweep of his Punisher blade Verec silenced his defiance as he cut the Astartes head clean from his shoulders.

Waaagh Grignak
11-08-2008, 19:55
Pure Guiness mate!

Those are some truely awesome conversions... I'm officially sold :)

Red Skullz
11-08-2008, 20:35
I thought long and hard on my second army, finally landing on BA since they had an updated "dex" for 5th ed. DE was the "loser" when I decided....I truly regret it now...and that`s an understatement..!

I love everything you`ve done so far and I`ll follow this one closely!

R

Dio´Ra
11-08-2008, 21:04
I'm loving it....and its great to see Dark eldar at all :D

Xyxox
11-08-2008, 21:24
subscribed.

Solun Decius
11-08-2008, 23:03
Very good conversions here. Well thought out and smoothly implemented. Not much else to say!

glenning
11-08-2008, 23:18
Great looking minis, this is how DE should look. I'm looking forward to see what you'll come up with next. Anyway, keep up the good work! :D
I really like the look of the new Dark Elf Corsairs, maybe you could find a way to use the models in your force, I think they would fit right in.

glenning
11-08-2008, 23:19
double post. doh! :eek:

DarkAzrael169
12-08-2008, 03:10
Subscribed :)

Green_RangerAK-47
12-08-2008, 06:01
Damn, Someone finally made Dark Eldar appealing...lol Great job so far, I'll be having my eye's on this thread for a while

Morthai
12-08-2008, 10:23
The best DE conversions I've ever seen . Subscribed :)

sechs
12-08-2008, 10:29
I was reading some post without registering since one year, but for this one I register only for tell you that those conversion and idea are realy great.

DeathCat147
12-08-2008, 12:27
You sir are a god! You have in my eyes, single handedly made the Dark Eldar look how G.W should have! Serious, gritty and a psycotic look that would make even there own mothers realise there was something wrong upstairs, i applaud you!

squiggoth
12-08-2008, 12:54
Oh my. Good-looking spiky space elves? I must be going mad. :D

I love the Incubi and Whyches so far - great improvement over the silly metal models, even if they're only WIP. The only critique I can give is that the Incubi's and Warriors' lower legs look somewhat short in comparison to their upper legs, but that might be due to the camera angle (your Archon doesn't seem to have that issue despite his leg surgery).

doghouse
12-08-2008, 17:44
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the compliments! :)
I'm genuinely surprised that they are going down so well, I figured no one would be interested. :D

glenning: Funny you should mention that as I'm looking at using them as Wych proxies untill I can get the proper unit done. Chuck in a couple of splinter pistols and they really look the part! I'll post a picture to show what I mean later.

squiggoth: Yeah I think it's just the angle of the picture. I haven't got the greatest camera for pictures which is a shame really but I used the same set of legs as the Archons to make them more uniform.

sechs: Thanks mate! I appreciate it. :)

DeathCat147: Thanks mate, I expect the Dark Eldar are going to be an awesome looking army once the new codex comes out. In the meantime it's great fun reinventing them in my own way. It's a shame that they have been left on the shelf for so long as they have massive potential, I'm most looking forward to redesigning the Talos for my army and I need to do some work on the basic warriors helm. I want something more like the artwork that's been knocking about. I'm also building a couple of more Incubi at the moment that are slightly more dynamic.

FerrumIgnatus
12-08-2008, 17:48
Hmmm... Somewhat unusual to see you do Dark Eldar, Doghouse, but hey, they look sweet! hardly can't wait to see your approach on the Talos. All I know is that it's gonna be wicked sick!

doghouse
12-08-2008, 18:02
Yeah I'm just as surprised as you are mate! :D

It was the first Wych that is to blame for this log though. I've been playing around with different races as although I am mostly known for my marine stuff I have pretty much gamed with every race over the years including squats. I was a massive Eldar fan during third edition and dabbled with the Dark Eldar but never really liked the models.
After making her as a test figure for a technique for making female models from Daemonettes I figured that I've have a bash at making a small army. I bought the updated codex, a box of Warriors and a Raider and now I love 'em, really challenging army to update and great fun to game with.

Uriain
12-08-2008, 18:09
I just want to say, great looking stuff doghouse. As with all of your logs and your conversions, you are an incredible skill which is very pleasing to look at, not only for the wicked models you put out, but for the imagination sparker that you and the other talented members on this site continue to produce for others.

I dont have a 40K army yet, though the way you do your conversions has givin me some idea's for about 4 different ones. ((Must focus on Darkelves)) So not only thank you for putting out great models time and time again, but thanks for re-igniting the sparks for 40k..cause lets face it..those witch elves are WICKED, and I would gladly face that unit, just to see it up close lol

FerrumIgnatus
12-08-2008, 18:12
Incredible how one model can get you into collecting a nice sized army. Using the new plastic Daemonette as base for the Wych conversion was pretty nefty, allthough I would like to see the Archon a bit more... well... John Blanche-archaic styled, if you know where I'm getting to. -if not, picture the Archon with a "Fantasy DE Corsair Seadragon cloak" with one of the new DE Cold One heads on one of it's shoulders. just a thought...-

Anyhow, your progress is VERY promising, and it even triggers me into collecting a small Dark Eldar Pirate raiding party... Mercenaries employed by my Warsmith to do the... erhm... dirty jobs... Like collecting victims for the Savage Morticians to experiment with... or steal new technology from other xeno races to be analyzed by the Dark Mechanicus... *oh my, the ideas are clawing their way into my mind*

doghouse
12-08-2008, 21:01

Uriain: It's always brilliant when someone is inspired to try something new because of the stuff I post. No greater compliment in my book.

FerrumIgnatus: Yeah, I know exactly what you mean by the Blanche-esq style, it's a subject matter that would probably suit him down to the ground.
The idea of using DE as allies for your IW is a really cool one, who better to collect slaves than the masters of enslavement themselves.

Just a quick update.

Got a bit more done on the Archon. I'm not entirely happy with him so far as he feels a little rushed, the back of the model is a bit "meh" but I have to get on with the rest of his squad or I'll end up picking at him for ages. I've got a few bits to touch up before varnishing him and then it's on with the Incubi!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture001-4.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture003-4.jpg

More to follow asap.

doghouse
12-08-2008, 21:31
Just a few more shots before I hit the sack...

Here's a quick comparison shot of the three main conversions.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture005-5.jpg

A rear shot of what I'm doing with the Incubi

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture004-6.jpg

And lastly a really simple but effective way of making Wyches using the new Dark Elf Corsairs.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture006-6.jpg

FerrumIgnatus
12-08-2008, 21:34
On a side note, if you want to know what I'm doing, just take a peak on my "Warsmith Lord Malach Dhar Cerberus" thread. I think that you might be in for quite a surprise...

sneaky little me for "advertising" my own thread

Red Skullz
12-08-2008, 22:08
I can`t wait for some more paintjobs, I hope you model some and paint some so that we get a little bit of both ;-)

Oh and could you add a scale pic with a standard marine f.ex? Curious on seeing how tall they really are.

R

doghouse
12-08-2008, 22:31
I've got the first warrior underway at the moment as a test model for the army but in the meantime here is the scale shot that you asked for. It's amazing, I've been collecting marines for years and when I need one can I find one? Must all be off crusading somewhere.

So after a quick rummage through an old bits box here's a shot with one of my incredibley ancient White Scorpions and a Catachan from the same time period I never got around to finishing.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture007-5.jpg

swifty2
12-08-2008, 22:35
That wych is really cool mate, seriously good luck with this army, I can't wait to see it finished.

madd0ct0r
12-08-2008, 22:51
I love the leg stretching mod - yoink.

BUT, the archon, while a fantastic and seamless model, dosen't strike me as imposing enough to be the high lord. A unit leader or IC perhaps but not the supreme commander.
The incubi and wych both look more imposing.

I feel horrible for saying it becuase he's finished and all.
Ideally something to stand on to draw the eye to him. Maybe a green wash on the gold?

Girr
12-08-2008, 22:53
My term of use for thees minis would be "Bad ass!" keep 'em comin=D

doghouse
12-08-2008, 23:08
Cheers guys! :)

madd0ct0r: Don't feel bad mate I agree with you, but as it's a small force I wanted to keep the Archon fairly simple as he's just taken charge of the Kabal. What I'm planning on doing is recreating the model at a later date once the main army is done but really going to town on him creating a more powerful and elaborate figure.
So the new model will contain elements of this one, like the white hair and the trophy rack (with extra trophies) to tie them together but he'll be older and more seasoned.
Hmm, never thought of the green wash idea, I might have to try that! :)

sechs
13-08-2008, 00:22
I think the first wyche is soooo better : she gives a powerfull impression, realy, and also she is more female : all of that makes this wyche the best in my opinion ^^
I also realy love your archon because he stay very "slim", I don't see an eldar comander like an eldar with more muscles than the other, but with more charism and clever =] Like your
(wow so hard to speak english, hope you understood guys)

Hortwerth
13-08-2008, 08:06
Now that is truly inspirational and full of great ideas. Finally someone made Dark Eldar justice modelwise. Although the colours could be more sinister (highlighting purple up to Space Wolf Grey and shading down to Black makes for an interesting finish, try it sometime!), the conversions are spot-on. I especially like the elongation of legs and torso - these models were in dire need of this!

Keep up the good work Doghouse! I'll be keeping me eye on this one...

madd0ct0r
13-08-2008, 13:09
Ahh, all is revealed. I'll be coming back here for ideas methinks.

Red Skullz
13-08-2008, 15:51
Double-post...apologies!

R

Red Skullz
13-08-2008, 15:51
Thanks for the scale-pic! The stretching of the legs and torso really has done wonders to the general apperance.

Oh and I`ve bought myself a Dark Eldar army, new Dark Elf Warrior box and Daemonettes..frag!

R

doghouse
13-08-2008, 17:21

sechs: Your english is very good mate and you got your point across clearly. You pretty much hit the nail on the head there, this guy is all about understatement at the moment and like you say I don't really see the Eldar bulking up on protein shakes.
This model is very much about the moment that he seized power of the Kabal, hence the Space Wolves head in his hand and the rather plain look to the model. After I've got a few games under my belt I'll create a newer version then later still another so that I can show his rise to power.

Hortwerth: Thanks mate, I appreciate the compliment. Yeah I made the classic mistake of making the commander first, however I have been stumped with what to do with the Incubi in regards to colours and your idea sounds perfect! Thanks for that mate, it'll help me make them look a lot more sinister compared to the regular guys! :)

madd0ct0r: Nice one! :)

Red Skullz: Great stuff! Welcome to the dark side mate! ;)

Thanks for the support guys! More asap.

HiveTrygon
13-08-2008, 19:10
You have no idea how long I've wanted to do a Dark Eldar army and this has to be the army that pushed me over the edge. I have no idea what parts your using but I assume a lot are from the new dark elf stuff? The witches seem to be daemonettes mixed with dark eldar, elf? Very nice.

doghouse
13-08-2008, 19:28
Thanks mate! :)

The Dark Eldar are a bit of a gem of an army that just needs a little polishing really. For someone like myself they present a unique opportunity to revamp the old models and it's proving to be greate fun.
The ony downside is that my local GW seems to have had a resurgence in the interest of the models since I started this army and they're becoming hard to get the bits I need

The wyches are Daemonette bodies and upper arms, Eldar Guardian leg and forearms and other bits from the Dark Eldar range that I had knockng about in my bits box from third ed.
The basic warriors are pretty much Dark Eldar with slightly extended legs and torsos, a simple conversion really with a few Dark Elf Corsair bits chucked in. The Incubiand the Archon use bits from the Cold One Riders kits.
I'll be using the Cold Ones themselves as Warp Beasts with a little work as they are awesome models!

I'll be updating with the prototype Warrior design that I'm working on later this evening, along wih a scale shot next to a regular DE just as soon as my camera batteries are charged. :)

Setha
13-08-2008, 20:40
right once ive finsihed my kreig im making some of these bad boys,
what could be quite interesting is jetbikes made from cold ones, kinda liek eldar exodites :D

doghouse
13-08-2008, 20:49
Totally agree with you mate, the Cold Ones would probably be better suited to Wyches though. I thought about it but they work better as Warp Beasts in my opinion.
Still a good idea though. :)

doghouse
13-08-2008, 21:49
Right, batteries are charged so it's update time...

First up the WIP Warrior prototype.

I've only done a few minor cosmetic enhancements to this model mainly because I have to make loads of them and can't afford to get bogged down.
I've included a scale shot with a regular warrior so that you can tell the difference in size between the two.
I've cut down a Guardian head and begun GSing the front to make it harsher and more angled.
When I get some more funds I'll get some bits and add some trophies and stuff as there are loads of little bits I need to add yet along with some minor GS work. I've removed the blades from the splinter rifle mainly because they are a bit too big imo, I prefer them more streamlined so they look more like a rifle.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture008-3.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture009-4.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture010-4.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture013-6.jpg

FerrumIgnatus
13-08-2008, 21:58
Mate, GW should give you a call when they're going to re-spawn the Dark Eldar mini's... You, my friend, are right on track with your conversions. keep it up, the conversionist's combined power is upon you! USE THE FORCE...

erhm...right... in short terms; Gobsmackingly good mini's, laddie. Now keep those batteries re-charged at all times so that they may help you into converting this already awesome looking army.

doghouse
13-08-2008, 21:59
Next up is the WIP Incubi.

I've cut the top of the helm off and am reworking it like the original Incubi models so that it looks more like a proper Tormentor helm.
Once the GS has cured I'll begin added the pistol element of the helm but updating the design a little.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture012-5.jpg

Lastly for now I have the beginings of the first Warp Beast I spoke about previously. I'm cutting down the model a little and will be adding some armoured plates so that it fits with the Wyches that I'm making. I still need to GS parts of the face on the Wych but she will be the Beastmaster for the unit.
Still have to get a Wych unit together though before I can include the unit in the army.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture011-6.jpg

Waaagh Grignak
13-08-2008, 22:06
That warrior prototype is excellent and so simple to copy (Yoink!)

doghouse
13-08-2008, 22:16

swifty2
13-08-2008, 23:31
Incubi looks awesome mate, so does the warp beast.

Slaaaaaanesh
13-08-2008, 23:42
That Incubi is so very cool! It's so simple, you just add this bit from this kit and this bit from this kit and Whammy...... an uber cool Dark Eldar model!

Gonfrask
14-08-2008, 00:26
You have done a great works with the helmets, at first they don´t like me, but after look at them twice I hope that someone in Workshop take note

The Venerable Archmage
14-08-2008, 00:41
Kickass as ever, Doghouse. It inspires me to reconsider DE. Subscribed.

HiveTrygon
14-08-2008, 02:15
you are brilliant as always. I love the incubi. That might be my new favorite conversion. If you don't ming I may sculpt something inspired from that miniature. LOVE IT!

BTW I finally got that forum worked out if you are still interested.

doghouse
14-08-2008, 17:25

Slaaaaaanesh: Yeah, I love simple conversions for their subtley plus it makes it easier for other people to have a bash at them.

HiveTrygon: Yeah go for it mate! I think I still the link to that forum, I'll stop by and have a look at what you're up to mate! :)

ReaperOfSouls
14-08-2008, 17:36
Love the conversions you are doing. Really effective. Makes me want to start up that DE army I've been dreaming of but always got put off from due to the (imo) crappy model range. But by the time I'm finished with my current tyranid project GW will probably have released the new DE models anyways... ;)

Uriain
14-08-2008, 17:55
Doghouse, I apologize if this has already been mentioned. I am at work so dont get a lot of time to read the entirety of the threads I look at.

Are your Dark Eldar a combo of Old Dark Eldar, Eldar, and Dark Elves? Or just Dark Eldar and Dark Elves. I thought some of the bodies and heads looked to be eldar, but you have green stuff on them and have been cutting away at them, so I just wanted to be sure.

Again apologize if you already stated what you were using

doghouse
14-08-2008, 18:08

Uriain: That's ok mate! I've used bits from the new Dark Elf models, the original Dark Eldar Warriors and the Eldar. I originally started off with what bits I had lying around and after I had some idea of what I wanted bought some new bits.

Lepp
14-08-2008, 18:23
WOW some really impressive work here!

kharandhil
14-08-2008, 19:03
ahah just amazing project. You've put a nice effort into making your kabal very special. So far it's looking just kickass.

I'm glad somebody else puts a lot of time into his DE just like me...

I'll be following progress from time to time for sure!

HiredSword.
14-08-2008, 19:50
doghouse; absolutely brilliant mate! I'll post more soon because I haven't got much time at the mo, but just had to say how good this is and I'm glad you've brought your style to the other armies of 40k. awesome.

doghouse
14-08-2008, 20:18

kharandhil: Nice one! Look forward to your imput mate! ;)

HIREDSWORD!!!

It wouldn't be a proper log without you around mate! Great to hear from you again bud, long time no see!

DesertLion
14-08-2008, 20:31
I'm speechless. . . looking forward to seeing more.

kenny3760
14-08-2008, 22:50
Great stuff there.
I've played DE for about 5 years and this looks awesome.
I really like the wyches and warp beasts, much better than the originals. The use of the daemonettes is brilliant I think. Your warrior looks the part as well.
The incubi I'm not so sure about, they look great, but they were IMO the best of the DE models that GW produced.
Like others I hope GW produce models that are half as good as these in the new release.
I'm watching this

MINI0N
15-08-2008, 06:01
these are looking really really nice. hope to see a full army of these guys. very simple conversions but they look excellent, love the purple scheme very nice. subscribed.

madd0ct0r
15-08-2008, 10:26
Heh, just realised the proportions are quite close to truescale.

Setha
15-08-2008, 11:41
oh of course forgot about warp beasts, im folowing this very closely =D
how many points are you going to do ? , you should totally make a new asbrual vect (sp?) .

doghouse
17-08-2008, 18:27

madd0ct0r: :D

Setha: I'm going to do one thousand points to begin with I'm working on my Mantis Warriors at the moment as well and as they will be my new gaming army they take the priority.
Making a new Vec model has crossed my mind especially with the new trend of using special character rules to represent you own characters.
Got to get the Talos sorted first though.

I'll update asap but I'm trying to get a sculpt done for a mate at the moment so stay tuned. :)

Hadriel Caine
17-08-2008, 20:22
Well, that answers the question as to what should i do next.

Dark Elves. (I know these are Dark Eldar BTW but am looking for a fantasy army!)

Look incredible, shouldve been done by GW about 6 years ago.

great work and thank you for the WIPs because a hell of a lot of people are going to mimic this now!

Adam.

Honorius
19-08-2008, 08:14
Damn you beat me to it! I have had this planned ever since I saw those Cold One Knights. I'm not too keen on the colour scheme. I think it would look better if the purple was a bit darker.

7skullz
20-08-2008, 18:47
That first guy is pure psycho. He looks like an equal opportunity serial killer.

LIKE MY IN-LAWS!

HereticLosMorte
28-08-2008, 17:04
no progress makes me a sad panda :(

TigerBear MkIII
28-08-2008, 17:33
Nice job on the Archon really like the shades of purple you used:)

Count Sinister
28-08-2008, 17:52
Brilliant models, Doghouse. I've always liked the idea of the Dark Eldar, but hated the models. I remember giving the ones in the old 3rd Edition 40k box to somebody in the club because I never thought I'd use them. Now, though, seeing what you've done by mixing and matching bits from other ranges, I can see my mistake!

In particular, the idea of lengthening the legs and torsos is what makes these models. They immediately look more graceful and deadly. Genius!

philbrad2
28-08-2008, 21:13
Exactly the sort of models I'm hoping GW will produce with the DE revamp. Always thought the GW models were way to ..well spikey! A very subtle mix of the original DE part, Dark Elf and Eldar pieces. As an army I love the DE codex and armylist but the models never came up to par for me these though are excellent.

My only grips is the paint scheme, colours are fine but I think the armoure needs washing to darken the tones. Flesh is a bit fleshy always expected the DE to have much paler almost grey skins tone your's look very healthy. Minor gripes on some great work.

PhilB

korn_328
09-01-2009, 22:29
Hey Man Awesome Stuff!!!! I like alot.

synapse
09-01-2009, 22:41
how did i miss this army? these are great!

Deus Ruinus
09-01-2009, 22:48
NIIIIIICE. these arnt any dark elder...there uber awesome dark eldar!
very nice work, very brutal looking and good use of green stuff.

Aurynator
10-01-2009, 02:37
This is the first DE army in here that I actually like the look/feel.

Keep this up mate. Awesome job.

Aury

Denise
10-01-2009, 04:21
You have officially inspired me to start DE. I have been thinking of starting them for about a year since I saw their artwork. Unfortunately their models REALLY don't match the artwork and look... bad. Yours, on the other hand, actually look like DE and are totally awesome.

Two notes:
People said earlier that your commander didn't look imposing enough to really be the leader. I actually personally like yours better that way. I think GW leaders tend to be a little bit over-imposing (especially the current DE leader) and end up looking a little silly/stupid. In any case - one vote for: I like your leader the way he is.

About the Incubi pistol helmet. I actually think that the old helmets with the pistol attached to the helmet are a little weird. It seems kind of awkward having it elevated a foot over your head like that. I was thinking of changing it from a helmet pistol to a shoulder cannon(pistol) like in predator. The weird thing on the Eldar Dire Avengers Aspect Warriors' shoulders was what gave me the idea. Just an idea for what its worth.

ML Kurze
13-01-2009, 19:24
Someone just told me to take a look at this WIP thread and I must say that your work is incredible Doghouse. I've had some issues trying to visualise the way Dark Eldar should look and you've got it spot on. As far as I'm concerned, your mini's are how Dark Eldar should look like. Not only the Incubi is beautiful, but your simple (yet sinister ;)) combining of the old Dark Eldar plastics, standard Eldar helmets and lengthening the model creates a really intimidating model that looks quite well.
Hopefully GW sits up and takes notice of your work, because I believe that after all these years someone's finally been able to translate what everyone's been thinking about.

Keep it up!

VoidReaver
30-01-2009, 21:14
About the Incubi pistol helmet. I actually think that the old helmets with the pistol attached to the helmet are a little weird. It seems kind of awkward having it elevated a foot over your head like that. I was thinking of changing it from a helmet pistol to a shoulder cannon(pistol) like in predator. The weird thing on the Eldar Dire Avengers Aspect Warriors' shoulders was what gave me the idea. Just an idea for what its worth.

That's really an amazing idea.

tcraigen
30-01-2009, 22:28
Im almost surprised these arent necrons; slow and steady they march forth. Still beautiful, love them. They are way more imposing then the real ones hehehe, awesome mix of the two lines of models.

doghouse
30-01-2009, 22:48

My apologies for the lack of any updates on this log, I've been working on Orks at the moment and am trying to kick start my own miniatures range and games system so as you can imagine I don't have much free time at the moment.

Denise: Nice one, I'm glad it's inspired you to start DE. They are a fantastic race in concept, completley evil in the truest sense of the word but didn't really get a far shot with the 3rd editon codex.
I agree about the Archon as well. It's a kind of "I don't need to look tough" sort of pose. He's cut this guys head off without breaking a sweat and the guy he's looking at is next.
The shoulder mount is a good idea and a slight variation on your aspect warrior shoulder gun idea would help theme them to the Eldar.

ML Kurze: The lengthing of the models is the key factor to making the models look more alien in my mind. I've always pictured Eldar as slight figures with a touch of the sinister about them.

tcraigen: I did think about referencing spiderman type poses for these guys to make them energetic but the imposing static pose works really well.
I hoped that the idea of intimidation rather than brutal displays of murder would come across and glad to hear people like it.
I will have to come back at some point in the near future and get the rest done.

tcraigen
30-01-2009, 23:12
cool action poses are often cool, but I find them over exagerated and cartoony most of the time, the solid stare you down at ease is far more imposing, and then the details are in the slight positions and posture. A model not bounding over rocks and back flipping shows a whole lot more and is easier to store move and use heheh. I think its the right choice in this instance.

skuller
30-01-2009, 23:16
They look great excellent conversion bro

Captain prophet
30-01-2009, 23:58
Wow those are some really really nice dark eldar you've managed to breath some life into those old minis and i really like the colour scheme and the wrist agoniser is cool :D:D

andyg2006
01-02-2009, 21:05
Just amazing stuff, doghouse!
Echoing everything people have already said, but you've given them a sinister dynamism that they were always supposed to (but didn't really) have.
For my own DE Kabal, I was already including Slaaneshi/Daemonette stuff in it (as the background was that it's going to be one which is slowly -but inexorably- falling under Slaanesh's influence, but no self-respecting, 200% arrogant, Archon is ever going to give in or acknowledge it) and your pics have given me loads of ideas about how to do it. Inspirational - really many thanks for this.

Daniel36
02-02-2009, 08:55
Seriously, how did I miss this?

If you ask me, Games Workshop should take a close look at this here project log. Compared to their models, these are just... Outerwordly. I love your conversion work. It's all very subtle, they still look like Dark Eldar, only ten times as awesome...

I would say what you did here is compared to what the Dark Eldar look like now, is basically the difference between the old Wood Elves and the new Wood Elves, several years ago.

Simply amazing.

Lost Egg
02-02-2009, 18:41
My apologies for the lack of any updates on this log, I've been ... trying to kick start my own miniatures range and games system so as you can imagine I don't have much free time at the moment.

You can't just drop that in and say nothing else...its sooooooo unfair ;)

HN

VoidReaver
03-02-2009, 20:45
I've loved the Dark Eldar rules and background story for so long, but couldn't get past their hideous models.

You've been an inspiration, Doghouse and I'll be 'borrowing' quite a few of your ideas soon.

theimp
03-02-2009, 21:38
Y'know, Doghouse, I've been a fan of your work since I came across some of your enlarged space marines. I only wish all of the pictures of your various projects were collected into one convenient place that I could periodically visit. I think it would be a great source of inspiration.

I look forward to seeing what else you're working on.

the1stpip
03-02-2009, 22:46
Fantastic, but get a move on please. I want to see more.

Makes me want to restart my Dark Eldar...

silverstu
03-02-2009, 22:56
Just to add my own comments- these are brilliant Doghouse- really excellent converting- I hope GW's new DE match these. You've really got me looking forward to getting some DE myself! Oh and can we see some more!

Captain Brown
03-02-2009, 23:40
I also like the blending of several kits to create the unique looking Dark Eldar figures.

CB

doghouse
03-02-2009, 23:53

Didn't realise that these would prove so popular. :D

andyg2006: No worries mate, sounds like a great army.

Hairy Norseman: Well it's a sci-fi system I'm working on set in the present day. I'll post shots when I start the first batch. :)

theimp: Here are a few of my galleries that should be of interest to you then with everything from random stuff, wips, finished models, tutorials, artwork, etc. Mostly just used for image links but there might be some stuff of interest to you in there somewhere:

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/?multi=1&addtype=

http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s196/Mutt2050/

http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s196/Mutt2050/

http://www.pbase.com/doghouse/project_battle_droid

I'll try and get some more DE stuff up asap but I'm slaving away on my orks in my other project log at the moment.

Chaplin Davius
04-02-2009, 00:31
I've loved the Dark Eldar rules and background story for so long, but couldn't get past their hideous models.

You've been an inspiration, Doghouse and I'll be 'borrowing' quite a few of your ideas soon.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

tcraigen
04-02-2009, 01:02
wonderful work, so many inspiring models it get itchy to do stuff right now.

Souleater
06-02-2009, 13:21
I'll try and get some more DE stuff up asap but I'm slaving away on my orks in my other project log at the moment.

Oh, but how tiresome. Simply everybody and their Grandmother's Dog are doing Orks right now.

How many are doing such fantastic Dark Eldar?

Put the fungus boys down, please and keeping working on the True Kin. :D

VoidReaver
06-02-2009, 15:02
Oh, but how tiresome. Simply everybody and their Grandmother's Dog are doing Orks right now.

How many are doing such fantastic Dark Eldar?

Put the fungus boys down, please and keeping working on the True Kin. :D

QFT. Agreed. Less orks, more Dark Kin.

doghouse
07-02-2009, 13:45

Souleater: Don't worry mate I'm planning on returning to these guys after april 26th with a vengence and intend to really push the boat out on the Dark Eldar with some new concepts I'm working on for stuff like the Talos. ;)
I'm doing Orks mainly because I used to game with them in first ed and love Gorkamorka. I've done a lot of marines stuff in the past and the brutality of the greenskins makes for a nice change.
I totally agree though the Dark Eldar are a seriously cool army.

Souleater
08-02-2009, 20:34
Ah, I can understand the Orks. I've only managed to finish painting 3 armies since 40K started and one of those was my RT Bad Moon army. The figures are a lot of fun to paint...and the new ones...well blimey, they are nice.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with, sirrah.

Messiah
08-02-2009, 21:28
Doghouse does it again.. What can I say, those wyches are perfect, Youve finally found a use for the daemonettes, astounding, and fantastic work.
For the Archon, he does look a tad underwhelming. Good to hear youre redoing it in the future. I really like the model, but hes kind of bland, compared to the others. Who knows, maybe that will make him stand out really well when youre done..
For the warrior so far.. Spot on.

I would be pleasantly surprised if GW went this way with their models. Keep up the good work man, Ill be following this.

Wib
11-02-2009, 20:12
Absolutely amazingly inspirational Kabal, Doghouse! As a new player just starting on my first Wych Cult, this threat is sooooo subscribed :D

Can't wait to see more!

Darthvegeta800
06-03-2009, 14:29
Insanely good! Great job!
Makes me want to start a small force of DE even more -___-;

Paganite
15-03-2009, 07:32
Be great to see a unit of those warriors painted when you have the time to get back to them.

Will you ever do a tute write up on how you went about it?

kormas
15-03-2009, 09:31
wow, i am absalutly loving these minitures, makes me wish that i had continued with my DE

HiveTrygon
15-03-2009, 18:25
Well, I'm still waiting ,and will be, for more. In fact they have inspired me to try some sculpts of some space pirates I've been wanting to do for some time. I was afraid you were going to let these die but it's nice to know they are still being thought about. Good luck with the Orks. ;)

Xarius
15-03-2009, 19:35
nice, i've plannin out my own kabal and they are very similar with the DE and daemonette bitz especially cold ones and blark arc corsairs. keep up the cool work, hat kind of list do you do?

Mealstrom
15-03-2009, 21:32
Beautiful work. I can't wait to see how the entire army turns out!

MindTheGap
15-03-2009, 21:44
Awesome work! Just to be a pain in the posterior, any hints you can offer for sculpting.. errr.. well.. sculpting boobies? I'm trying my hand at converting my plastic warrior figs to become part of an all-female cult, but the poor girls are ending up with one larger / smaller than the other :eek: Any advice is greatly appreciated so my girls can have equally sized cleavages.

Really looking forward to seeing more of this project - thread is now subscribed and I'm impatiently waiting for the end of April to see what's new with your Kabal

Gappy

Vinsanity
17-03-2009, 06:34
Wow I only just found this log! Your conversions are grand, especially the wyches and the warriors. Can't wait to see how the whole army will look! Subscribed :p

madd0ct0r
17-03-2009, 09:24
Awesome work! Just to be a pain in the posterior, any hints you can offer for sculpting.. errr.. well.. sculpting boobies? I'm trying my hand at converting my plastic warrior figs to become part of an all-female cult, but the poor girls are ending up with one larger / smaller than the other :eek: Any advice is greatly appreciated so my girls can have equally sized cleavages.

Really looking forward to seeing more of this project - thread is now subscribed and I'm impatiently waiting for the end of April to see what's new with your Kabal

Gappy

I'm sure doghouse will drop in soon, but in the meantime, try searching for doctor thunder's work...

Paganite
20-03-2009, 03:50
No! what ever you do, do not give any attention to Doc Thunder! Just don't go there, it isn't worth it!

DrazharMasterOfBlades2
09-04-2009, 22:48
Great idea's,can't wait to see the warriors models they look so like whats going to come out or so we hope the 5th ed rule book gives the image off,good luck with everything.

Kantur
11-04-2009, 14:29
Wow, I'm really impressed with those models, especially at the relative simplicity of them.

It's making me highly tempted to make a few warrior squads to add to my wych cult. And honestly, usless the new models are fantastic, I can see me buying up quite a few boxes of the current warriors to do similarly to yours.

And I can't leave without commenting on the short story on page 3 - I liked it, especially the emphasis on the debilitating strokes of blades, lithe, nimble combat, even on the part of the relatively heavily armoured incubi. Another thing I really liked about it was the subtle suggestion of souls being absorbed/stolen by being close to something when it dies and I'd love it if that was in the new codex - it would certainly explain how the DE can return from raids without slowly starving and why they might not flee as soon as they see a marine army defending a location instead of popping back into the webway.
A few critisisms of it; personally I thought mentioning the, former, archon as female was a bit redundant, especially since you mention 'her bodyguard' in the same sentance. The only other thing I disliked was the axe being described as master crafted, but i think that's just because I've seen it in too many rulebooks and codices so I prefer things that imply masterful crafting like 'perfectly balanced' or 'forged with perfection', but that's a personal gripe really.

But overall (models and story) - fantastic and definetly inspiring.

doghouse
17-04-2009, 21:42

Woah, loads of responses...

Paganite: I'll see if I can sort something out mate. ;)

HiveTrygon: Nice one mate, glad I could be of some inspiration.

MindTheGap: Well, in short I tend to make two round balls of GS and add them to the chest. I then blend the edges in so the the ball slopes off to the top.

Kantur:Thanks mate, I'm not really that much of a writer but find that a little bit of storyline can help flesh the army out.
I completely agree with your comments, I normally try to avoid such things as saying the Archon was female and then mentioning "her" bodyguard because as you rightly say it's a bit redundant. I tend to write them off the cuff as I'm posting, I should really start plannng them out before hand and proof reading them.

I'm working on these guys again now as I put the finishing touches to some orky planes for a mate and continue work on an IG siege tank so expect some updates very soon. ;)

MR.MAN
17-04-2009, 21:54
Doghouse sorry if someone has mentioned this alredy, but are you not the one on thegreatcrusade forums who made a truescale nightlords army hence your avatar picture thingymajig, if so u are a god your story was amazing on that and the conversions truly godly.

If not you are equally godly for these outstanding dark elves it is people like you who make me want to start them. For that i thank you.

Peace out. Be excellent to eachother.<--:cries:

Paganite
18-04-2009, 14:41

Paganite: I'll see if I can sort something out mate. ;)

Hehe, I knew if I kept watching the thread you would get back to it one day : )

In your own time... No rush ;)

Hadriel Caine
18-04-2009, 15:11
updates updates updates! please.

redyellowpinkgreen
19-04-2009, 02:00
**encore!**

MINI0N
19-04-2009, 06:27
'pokes dog house' do work, seriously love your stuff keep it comin

doghouse
22-04-2009, 18:34
'pokes dog house' do work, seriously love your stuff keep it comin

Don't worry mate I'm working on it. ;)

Azriel45
23-04-2009, 04:29
This is good stuff.

ShinMusashi44
19-05-2009, 08:26
Any new updates? Can't wait to see the new stuff.

VoidReaver
19-05-2009, 14:09
Any new updates? Can't wait to see the new stuff.

Yeah.... I've been anxiously awaiting an update as well.

Jester-Darkly
20-05-2009, 16:58
Wow mate i love the dark eldar theme and codex, but the minis are way outdated.Your stuff are amazing, i really hope we see more soon :)

doghouse
20-05-2009, 17:55
Sorry for the lack of updates guys but I'm currently facing redundancy and am furiously ebaying most of my wargaming stuff at the moment to try and cushion the blow a bit.
As soon as I'm back on my feet I'll start on these guys again. ;)

Earthbeard
20-05-2009, 18:37
Sorry for the lack of updates guys but I'm currently facing redundancy and am furiously ebaying most of my wargaming stuff at the moment to try and cushion the blow a bit.
As soon as I'm back on my feet I'll start on these guys again. ;)

Ouch! Hope things sorts themselves out for you buddy.

tinfoil
20-05-2009, 20:43
Aaak. Good luck. It's rough out there, brother. Believe me, I know.

whiskeytango
20-05-2009, 21:03
Well, guess i just found something to do with all the dark elf/eldar stuff i've got lying around.

fluffstalker
21-05-2009, 10:15
Hey doghouse I actually just posted a thread about doing exactly this, before I looked here, I swear :P.

But now that Ive discovered this thread I might as well take all your ideas, hope you dont mind.

Quick question though -for the raider how did you go about enlarging it?

Krieg Marshall
21-05-2009, 12:12
@ Doghouse: How many project do you have running at the same time?

doghouse
21-05-2009, 16:58
Earthbeard/tinfoil: Cheers guys, I'm sure it'll work out in the end.

fluffstalker: Yeah steal away mate. ;)

For the raider instead of adding the side tread boards I added a large area of plasticard cut to shape then used the tread boards as the side panels.

Krieg Marshall: I have one project log at the moment that is active and most of the others have long since been abandoned. The CSK(od) log however is calling to me after a long break so I might be tempting into restarting them if I get time.

Cheers for stopping by guys, I'm off to ebay again...

Sinisterfence
21-05-2009, 19:02
I was made redundant back in November, unfortunately I hadn't been with the company long enough to get any money, & I've been stuck on JSA ever since... hope it doesn't go the same for you, dude... I wouldn't wish this on anyone

Tornik
21-05-2009, 21:12
Very sad to hear your bad news man. Is it appropriate to ask for a link to your auctions?

I'm feeling the pinch myself, but I may be able to treat myself. Since it'd be helping out a good guy, I might be able to sneak it by Mrs Tornik :D

baphomael
08-06-2009, 23:35
These are really cool. I've wanted to do something similar for a long time (but never thought of the plastic daemonettes for wytches. Good call!) but never really had strong enough inclination - with the oldest surviving codex and a sub-par model range, seemed like a lot of effort :p

However, these pics make me want to buy dark elves, dark eldar and eldar plastics for much kitbashing.

However, as for the Archon...I not sure I'm feeling 'Archon' from him. An awesome conversion, yes, but he doesnt really scream Archon to me. If you hadnt labelled him, I'd have assumed it was a badass Sybarite conversion. Then, it could be me fixating on leaders having big flowy cloaks or something :p

However, what I really look foreward to seeing is some Haemonculi :D I wanna see some pointy-eared space-cenobites.

ImRightBehindYou
05-07-2009, 01:00
I think when the archon is grasping the head it reveals that tehre is a little green stuff still showing. Otherwise, fantastic!

kormas
05-07-2009, 01:25
hope yo get back on your feet mate, am looking forw to more updates when you do

Uriain
06-07-2009, 17:19
Hope everything works out Doghouse, your have some incredible logs, so its a shame some of them are on hold, looking forward to seeing you post some new stuff when the settings work out for you

Barbarossa
07-07-2009, 11:49
Damn, I don't like to see a hobbyist such as you stopped by mundane matters. :(
Hey, as long as you're between jobs you could convert and sell models on ebay! That should reap more than a bit profit.

doghouse
07-07-2009, 23:27

For those that are interested I will hopefully be chucking a few sculpted minis up on ebay that I'm finishing off at the moment soon.
Keep an eye on my main 40k log for details as I'm not going to be adding to any of the other logs anymore.
I'll probably be chucking up a deathwing captain that I haven't shown in any of the logs, my truescale possessed guy with the wings from my night lords log and a few other bits and pieces.
As for the Dark Eldar I'm afraid they won't be getting any attention for a while. :(

If I do it'll be in this log here along with everything 4k related that I do: Doghouse's 40k Log of stuff (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195836)

;)