PDA

View Full Version : New Games Workshop UK Online store + model

untimention
11-08-2008, 07:03
I was talking to Games Workshop yesterday and got a small bit of news im not sure if people in the UK know.

Well firstly as we know the rest of the world has an up-dated online store... well soon enough in November ( funny just before x-mas ) we will have the same.

This is why no one ever up-dates the online store at the moment.

With the launch of this also available when spending 50 will be the ltd space marine

Oh and also if people in the UK didnt know there is a direct only model available not showing in the store. its the LORT tenticles from the fellowship.. cant remember what there called.

Genrazn
11-08-2008, 07:56
I like the paint job not a fan of the pose.

Marlow
11-08-2008, 08:23
I was wondering if that would become available in the UK. I may hold off getting AOBR untill that is out.

blongbling
11-08-2008, 08:42
at the latest in november

The_Warsmith
11-08-2008, 08:52
ANOTHER space marine, it's still a very nice model anyway

Norminator
11-08-2008, 08:58
Oh no!

It's another Captain Cortez!!

cheaky
11-08-2008, 09:14
you havent been to the oz site then. It hasent been updated since the start of the year!!

Gazak Blacktoof
11-08-2008, 10:24
ANOTHER space marine, it's still a very nice model anyway

That's just what I was thinking. I'll stick with the independant stores for non-bitz orders.

Foolish Mortal
11-08-2008, 10:29
Bolter held out in front - check
Hand raised defiantly - check
Heroic foot on object pose - check

All that's missing is the angry, bald, shouting head & he would be perfect!!

Seriously though, not a bad figure - I could see myself parting with the wonga to get it.

I just hope to hell they get the new site working properly before they unleash it on us.

Marlow
11-08-2008, 10:40
I just hope to hell they get the new site working properly before they unleash it on us.
The US Site seems to be working well so should have a reasonable chance.

Huw_Dawson
11-08-2008, 11:18
LORT tenticles from the fellowship.. cant remember what there called.

That would be The Watcher In The Water.

- Huw

untimention
11-08-2008, 11:23
watcher in the water correct. Thats it. I wanted it but could only find it on a different store (none UK).

I like the marine and i collect Ltd's (i will get some pics up soon as my collection is getting MASSIVE) you name it and you have a 60% chance i have it. I will be parting with money to get it. I usually get it through an online store who price match and do free packaging however a free ltd for spending 50 and i cant complain.

Space marine and a free space marine in other words

Templar Ben
11-08-2008, 12:32
I have two of those minis. I think he is hailing a taxicab.

"Hey I'm late to the objective and I am filling the troop role so they need me over there."

I just wish I could find my Draco.

Kobrakai
11-08-2008, 12:37
Some of the marine poses leave a lot to be desired, his arm posing is weird.

Still sweet though, and yea, another Cortez! Probably based off Cortez too :P

untimention
11-08-2008, 12:44
Draco is another in this field of posing and i have it

i did look time to time at ebay because it seemed to be the case we would never see this model however here it comes.

They go for about 30 on ebay which would be annoying for anyone that bought the model because for 20 more then could have 50 worth of models.

Falls into the FW ltd band. Last year people payed 20 - 50 for the models that were at games day however there back again this year. And the same with the pricept people paying 20 for it and me holding out to see if it would be at games day as payed off so 6 is much better

thank you games workshop

Templar Ben
11-08-2008, 17:26
Yeah I so should have tried to sell one of mine on eBay. Dang it. :p

GW US had a hard time getting rid of them according to the customer service reps that I talked to when placing orders. They independently said that people ordered the 5th edition box set and when they tried to sell them $10 more to get the free mini they were told "nah, it isn't worth it". Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that.

gorgon
11-08-2008, 18:59
LOL! I bought the collector's rulebook from GW simply *because* I knew I could unload the sergeant and end up paying the normal rulebook price.

I sold two of those sergeants, actually. One went for $61 on eBay, the other got $51. Nothing beats ordering direct from GW at a steep (net) discount.

Magos Explorator
12-08-2008, 16:34
Ah, I saw this thread and had a sudden hopeful moment that you were posting that it was active now! Ah well...

Putty
12-08-2008, 17:11
its just another space-marine model to me.

zzzz...

Osbad
13-08-2008, 11:42
Makes me think of this...

TwilightOdyssey
13-08-2008, 14:14
you havent been to the oz site then. It hasent been updated since the start of the year!!
True, but at least it's navigable, unlike the US site!