PDA

View Full Version : bloodline magic

Warptraveller
03-11-2005, 22:12
I was wondering whether vampire bloodline traits count as magic items. They cost the same as magic items of the sme ability, but I don't know if this is just letting you have them twice, or if they are affected by item affecting spells or itmes, ie the null stone. Please help, as this could mean quite a lot of difference in my army list.:cries:

skavenguy13
03-11-2005, 22:27
I'd say it counts towards magic items for the number of points you can take, but not for anything else (many could have the same power, not affected by nullstone, etc.). Nothing official though.

Mad Makz
03-11-2005, 22:30
I don't have the VC book but have a feeling the bloodline powers are brought as part of the magic item allowance... Although I could be wrong there.

They are definitely not affected by magic item affecting spells/effects though, as they are not a magic item.

Keller
03-11-2005, 22:44
As stated by Skavenguy and Maks, they are not true magic items, but they are bought as magic items. You may have mulitple characters with the same powers, as they are not unique like items. Also, things which affect magic items, such as Law of Gold or Vaul's Unmaking, cannot affect powers.