PDA

View Full Version : Stupidity and Immune to Psychology

londo
11-08-2008, 12:48
Hi,
Weird thing ive noticed:
Character from DE book have a cold one as a mount. He also have a magic item called Pearl of Infinite Bleakness which gives him Immunity to Psychology rule. According to the rulebook whole model is immune to psychology therefore do not have to roll for stupidity.
Now what if this model join a unit that is not immune to psychology?
It is looks like my model loose its immunity and have to test stupidity as normal. But that just ridiculous.
Thank You.

Loopstah
11-08-2008, 13:01
You missed the bit where Immune to Psychology is only immunity to Fear, Panic and Terror.

ItP models are still subject to Stupidity, Hatred and Frenzy.

Which means he still rolls for Stupidity with the Pearl.

Veloxnex
11-08-2008, 20:29
i thought the same as the OP when i first saw this, but then reslised it must be too good to be true, and it was.

Lord Inquisitor
11-08-2008, 20:31
Yep, they must have gotten fed up with writing "even if immune to psychology" every time they wanted to give Stupidity, Hatred or Frenzy to daemons and undead.

EldarBishop
12-08-2008, 00:28
Yep, ItP does not include stupidity, hatred, or frenzy (as was the case in the past).

Arduhn
12-08-2008, 02:38
It would have been nice, especially since it's worth exactly the amount of points the champion is allowed to take...*sigh*

Avian
12-08-2008, 13:52
It would be pointless as long as the rest of the unit was still subject to Stupidity. :p

Arduhn
12-08-2008, 17:00
Well it does say it grants it for the bearer and unit he is with.

EvC
12-08-2008, 20:16
It's funny, I've seen many a Dark Elf player think this item makes their unit immune to stupidity, but I've never seen one question whether their unit would also lose hatred as well ;)