PDA

View Full Version : Trail of Red

Shibboleth
11-08-2008, 13:46
This a long shot, involving the original Thousand Sons, the Word Bearers and the Red Corsairs... yes, who all, at one time or another, wore red armour.

Back when the Primarch Lorgar first met the Emperor on his homeworld of Colchis, the Emperor was accompanied by Magnus and a couple squads of Thousand Sons, who in those days wore red armour.
These were the first Space Marines Lorgar had ever seen and the memory would no doubt be a strong one.

So, when the Word Bearers turned, they change from their Black power armour, and behold, the colour they decide on is ...Red.

Now, the even longer shot...

Going by the Word Bearers Index Astartes article, after the Heresy Kor Phaeron and the Word Bearer host diverting the Ultramarines in the galactic east retreated to the Maelstrom, rather than the Eye of Terror, where it's rumoured they have been stirring rebellions and uprisings ever since.

This strikes me as intriguing because the most famous rebellion in that area was that of Huron and the Astral Claws.
They then changed their name to the 'Red Corsairs' with the new armour colour they decide upon being, of course, a striking Red...

Kor Phaeron's influence behind the scenes perhaps?

So anyway, there's my grand scheme of the over-arching big picture, following a trail of Red through the millenia, to arrive, at, um... nothing really important.
:evilgrin: or is it?

nightgant98c
11-08-2008, 20:05
It's an interesting theory. No doubt we'll never know for sure.

Wolfblade670
11-08-2008, 20:56
Oh, I love this. :D

Luthien
11-08-2008, 21:32
My god he's right, quick to the batmobile! :D

The Anarchist
11-08-2008, 21:39
it is a possibility that the Word bearers found red as some sort of holy colour. but i find it unlikly that Kor Pheron decided to pass the colours on to thw red corsairs..... still it is a possibility.

just my two cents.

Adra
11-08-2008, 23:25
Except that Lorgar would associate the Red marines as loyal marines as they stood shoulder to shoulder with the Emperor. If that image effected him in anyway he would be more likely to pick a colour that didnt exist amongst the legions, thus showing his independance. Thats why i dont think meeting the red marines effected him in anyway.

Lothlanathorian
11-08-2008, 23:32
I don't think that they are that original. The Word Bearers needed to worship someone, and the Emporer spurned them. They then went and turned to Chaos because they are not so bright. I don't think that they would have associated red with the Emporer, but with 'mighty' and 'strong' and other such things as that is what they would have seen when the 1K Sons and Big E showed up.

Chem-Dog
12-08-2008, 00:01
I am Alpharius!

Wolfblade670
12-08-2008, 02:52
No, I am Alpharius! :p

MarinesInSpace
12-08-2008, 03:01
I am Omegon...

Adra
12-08-2008, 08:55
...and so is my wife.