PDA

View Full Version : Tomb kings.

cm2008
12-08-2008, 08:51
Are Tomb kings effected by a slanns drain magic? also when you smite A SSC in the magic phase does the shot count as a seperate shooting phase? point being hit with one SSC panic test, hit with another SSC another panic test?

Loopstah
12-08-2008, 12:38
when you smite A SSC in the magic phase does the shot count as a seperate shooting phase?

Yes it counts as an additional Shooting Phase, this means if your SSC misfires you can smite it (but not shoot) and then shoot in the next shooting phase as the additional phase uses up the miss a turn from the misfire.

Atrahasis
12-08-2008, 13:07
No, it doesn't count as an extra shooting phase.

It does allow you to "skip" a misfire, but it doesn't bypass the "one panic test per phase" rule.

madden
12-08-2008, 13:13
True it dosen't bypass the one per phase but the ssc is fireing in the magic phase so yes a unit could possibile have to take 2 panic tests from it,(if it's not skipping a misfire or other exception).
As to being effected by drain magic i don't think so(away from my books for a few days)as the incantations can always be cast unless dispeled just uses the power rolled.

Atrahasis
12-08-2008, 13:58
True it dosen't bypass the one per phase but the ssc is fireing in the magic phase so yes a unit could possibile have to take 2 panic tests from it,(if it's not skipping a misfire or other exception).That wasn't the question that was asked.

The OP asked if 2 SSCs could cause 2 Panic tests on one unit in one magic phase. They can't.

As to being effected by drain magic i don't think so(away from my books for a few days)as the incantations can always be cast unless dispeled just uses the power rolled.IIRC, the Tomb Kings book gives Drain Magic as an example of things which specifically DO affect Incantations.

It would still cast, but it might cast at a level of 0 (in which case the enemy would have to roll a single dispel dice in order to dispel it).

cm2008
12-08-2008, 17:05
Drain magic removes dice, wouldn't that mean if there is no dice the spell cannot go off?

Gazak Blacktoof
12-08-2008, 17:14
Preist incantations and "my will be done" automatically succeed regardless of power level. They can be cast with a level of zero or even a negative power level. To dispel you will need to roll a minimum of one die or use a scroll.

cm2008
12-08-2008, 23:18
Another question with smiting on HH,chariots, with spears do the attacks in the magic phase count as str 4 as if charging? and with flails with smiting +2 str in the magic phase first "round"?

havoc626
14-08-2008, 12:36
Yes, as would a Tomb Giant be able to use Unstoppable Assault. Just remember that they only get 1 attack, not the attacks in their profile.

DeathlessDraich
14-08-2008, 13:38
Further clarification:

Crew makes 1 attack
Steeds make 1 attack

However this is not crystal clear and it depends on how "crew and steeds make 1 attack each", is interpreted.

Gazak Blacktoof
14-08-2008, 14:17
Each part of a multi-part model in base contact with the enemy makes an attack if it would normally be able to do so.

T10
14-08-2008, 14:25
And a Tomb King with the Destroyer of Enternities...?

-T10

Bloodknight
14-08-2008, 14:43
Deals two autohits on each model in base contact (or is silly and makes one normal attack...;)). It's in the FAQ that he may use the special attack of the DoE when he smites. (and it is good that he can do so. It's a 265 point M4 guy without armour who cannot march. He needs all the help he can get once he's in combat...the main advantage is that he usually frags the enemy champion/hero before challenges are declared, so he can happily kill other stuff in the real CC phase. After all, the DoE is not much use in a challenge compared to fighting troops).

Trimmey
14-08-2008, 14:47
And a Tomb King with the Destroyer of Enternities...?

-T10

I believe you can use the special attack again resulting in complete ownage.

I love that weapon.

Gazak Blacktoof
14-08-2008, 14:53
Deals two autohits on each model in base contact (or is silly and makes one normal attack...;)). It's in the FAQ that he may use the special attack of the DoE when he smites.

Exactly. So long as the tomb king is allowed to make one attack he can swap them all for a single set of attacks with the DoE.