PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Night Goblin army - The Wall of Teeth

Time of Madness
12-08-2008, 19:01
Designed a magic heavy night goblin force led by Skarsnik. Here are the results.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE WALL OF TEETH

CHARACTERS

Skarsnik
- General
= 205pts

Night Goblin Shaman
- Level 2
- Magic mushroom
- Horn of Urgok
= 135pts

Night Goblin Shaman
- Level 2
- Staff of sneaky stealin
= 135pts

Night Goblin Shaman
- Level 2
- Dispel Scroll
- Nibbla's itty ring
= 130pts

CORE

27 Night Goblins
- Full command
- Hand weapon/shield
- Nets
- 3 fanatics
***Skarsnik in this unit making it 6X5 formation***
= 211pts

30 Night Goblins
- Full command
- Hand weapon/shield
- Nets
- 1 fanatics
= 170pts

30 Night Goblins
- Full command
- Hand weapon/shield
- Nets
- 1 fanatics
= 170pts

20 Night Goblins
- Musican
- Bows
- 1 Fanatic
= 89pts

20 Night Goblins
- Musican
- Bows
- 1 Fanatic
= 89pts

SPECIAL

Squig Herd
- 15 Squigs
- 10 herders
***5X5 formation***
= 150pts

Squig Herd
- 15 Squigs
- 10 herders
***5X5 formation***
= 150pts

9 Squig hoppers
= 135pts

Night Goblin Spear Chukka
=35pts

Night Goblin Spear Chukka
=35pts

RARE

Night Goblin Doomdiver
= 80pts

Night Goblin Doomdiver
= 80pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1999pts

Model count - 214 models
Casting dice - 8 +3 bound spells
Dispel dice - 6 + 1 scroll

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The biggest change to the list is the addition of the 3rd level 2 shaman with the Horn over my normal BSB with raggedy banner. This boosts my magic phase by giving me 8 casting dice and 3 bound spells. The horn can be a huge game breaker giving all my units +1LD. Night goblins with nets and LD 9 near skarsnik can be tough to crack

Although I realize I am losing an important part to the army (bsb) I think Skarsnik and the horn should hopefully be able to keep most of the army in check if faced with panic checks. The plan for my shooting and magic will be to focus on my opponents shooting units if possible to negate any panic checks down the road.

The 3 bound spells are all pretty tough spells that I believe my opponent will have to dispel each turn. 2 of the spells are power level 5 forcing my opponent to use at least two dice.

This is generally the sequence I run in the magic phase.

1) Skarsnik's prodder - power level 5
2) Itty ring - power level 3
3) Horn of urgok - power level 5
4) Casting spell with 2 dice (usually gaze of gork)
5) Casting a spell with 3 dice (usually foot of gork/brain busta/hand of gork)
6) Casting a spell with 3 dice (usually foot of gork/brain busta/hand of gork)

I like to run my bound items at the start of the phase as there is no chance of ending the magic phase or miscasting when using those items. The bound spells are pretty tough and my opponents are usually forced to throw some dispel dice at them.

The squigs are a solid unit choice in night goblin armies. Not only do they provide some punch (S5) they are immune to psych allowing me to not have to keep them close to my general.

The list can be tough, but depending on how my rolls for shooting/magic/animosity go I can lose big.

Opinions?
Time of Madness

Lord Bob
12-08-2008, 19:28
No BSB on a goblin list seems a bit too risky. & IMO you're wasting points in all those extra levels of your shamans, you get more PD but for an huge price. I'd drop a shaman & take a BSB. Remember that if you don't give him a magic standard you can give him magic items as usual (the itty ring for example) & you'll get the BSB rules for 25 pts. & that'll left you some pts for another fanatic or whatever you want. Anyway, I like the list. I myself have a shooting list of common gobboz. It's unpredictible, desesperates me but when you win... Jejejejeje. Good luck gobbo comrade, I'll watch your back & stab you from behind like a proud gobbo.

Urgat
12-08-2008, 21:07
No BSB on a goblin list seems a bit too risky

Really? What's the point in rerolling break tests on 4+ (excepted for like 3 units in Skarsnik's Ld range) at best? BSB with gobs is a waste of points.

Time of Madness
12-08-2008, 22:32
The bsb is only useful with the raggedy banner for the panic protection. However I feel the bsb is not essential option anymore because of Skarsnik LD combined with the horn. The army rarely panics because of shooting/magic.

The extra level 2 shaman gives me an additional bound item and allows me to cast an extra spell each turn. The 35pts for the level 2 is a huge bonus because it lets me get off some of the devestating magic missle spells that the O&G's have access too.
Time of Madness