PDA

View Full Version : Melta Bombs?

Hrw-Amen
13-08-2008, 11:38
I am currently thinking of equipping some of my assault marine squads with melta bombs. But these seam to be rather large and too big to fit onto the belt area of the marine's armour? I was wondering how others have gone about this, if you try to attached them like grenades they just stick out at all sorts of funny angels and look odd. I have read in some novels and the like that they are magnetic and are just attched to the SM armour using the magnetic clamp. Does this mean that a marine wanting to carry them litterally just has them stuck on wherever, like all down his legs, arms, head etc or is there some other way that people are doing this, or indeed do you just not bother and pretend they have them if you want to use them in a game?

Brother Loki
13-08-2008, 11:55
I don't usually put them on every model, just a couple of squad members. I usually attach them horizontally to the butt-plate of the armour, with the handle to one side, so that they could reach around and grab it. They can also look good if the marine is holding them by the handle.

Eldoriath
13-08-2008, 12:14
Otherwise will the simple krak that comes with most models these days be enough for taking out most vehicles since there are very few that has more than AV10 in the rear, the demolisher, land raider and the monolith are the only that spring to my mind.

Honestly i think it will do fine with only having the "boss" having melta bombs.

Escaflowne_Z
13-08-2008, 12:23
Like Brother Loki, I put my couple of melta bombs on the butt armor. Reachable and plenty of room back to glue it.

Rick_1138
13-08-2008, 12:44
I tend to put the melta bomb in the hand of the sergeant, as this allows it to demark the whole squad as having (if you can etc) and have a pistol holster glued to the leg, this way the sgt still has a ccw and pistol etc, and shows melta bombs.

However tbh if you are picked upon for not showing a melta\krak etc grenade on a model to the point of unplayability i would have a word with the guy who is being picky as in the end its only a representation after all. :)