PDA

View Full Version : "Starship Troopers" Game

Vosk
04-11-2005, 14:08
A while back I remember reading that Andy C was working on a game based off of Starship Troopers, and I remember visiting their website (though there wasn't much there at the time, it was early days). Now, in a feat of limitless ineptitude I've completely forgotten the name of the game, who makes it and what their website address is. Little help? Thanks,

erion
04-11-2005, 14:10
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com

Verm1s
04-11-2005, 14:11
This should probably be in 'Other non-GW wargames', but here's an answer.

The name of the game is, oddly enough, Starship Troopers.
It's made by Mongoose Publishing, who have a website that is appropriately titled www.mongoosepublishing.com. ;)

biggreengribbly
04-11-2005, 14:40
Go team sarcastic application of information that seems obvious to us but some poor guy has forgotten!

mattjgilbert
04-11-2005, 14:55
ACs own site is here (http://www.redstargames.net/)

Vosk
04-11-2005, 15:56
Well you've answered all of my questions. Many thanks!

Crazy Harborc
04-11-2005, 19:39
The game isn't 40K (GW's lawyers would have stopped it's coming out) I do like the game. I like the minies........I like the prices/value received for my bucks.

Wrath
05-11-2005, 17:00
Yeah SST is a great game system. Not a huge fan of the base Trooper model but every new mini line they produce just keeps improveing. The only real reasons I havn't jumped ship is because of my investment in GW minis and the lack of variety <race wise, the in army options are a thing of beauty>.

The new skinney models have promise but the back ground isn't quite to my likeing. There have been rumors of an all machine army that has me interested. :chrome:

xenopsyllus
06-11-2005, 05:52
Current plans are (according to Mongoose staff on their boards):

MI and Arachnid army books (MI will be getting two or three smaller army books IIRC)
Skinnies
Machine race

It's a great system, far better than 40k IMHO. It's still small, with only two armies, but then again it's only been out for eight months or so.

Crazy Harborc
07-11-2005, 20:33
I like the idea of being in on the ground floor of the system. The potential for revolution/civil war. MIs from different bases/planets fighting each other. Perhaps, just perhaps there will be battles between invading SMs, as in 40K SMs and MIs. Perhaps even an alliance between bugs and MIs to defeat the new invaders.hehehehe......why.....not.....I own the minies.

erion
08-11-2005, 15:28
You're no where near the ground floor.

Mongoose has the same kind of rampant fanboyism about SST in 6 months that GW took 20 years to get for 40k.

Crazy Harborc
08-11-2005, 18:59
Heck, there actually are some wargamers who still haven't been fired up by 40K:eek:

This is one of those times I would like to be able to "fast foreward" 20/30 years to see if GW's still at it. Same goes for the other minies makers out there right now.