PDA

View Full Version : Amon'chakai in 40k.

Sceleris82
13-08-2008, 22:25
I recently bought the new daemon codex and under the flamer entry there is a quote from Amon'chakai himself. As far as i know he is a fantasy daemon, what is he doing in 40k and what is his role in the 40k universe ?

sydbridges
13-08-2008, 22:40
I recently bought the new daemon codex and under the flamer entry there is a quote from Amon'chakai himself. As far as i know he is a fantasy daemon, what is he doing in 40k and what is his role in the 40k universe ?

I imagine just as the Chaos Gods cross over between Fantasy and 40k, some of their favored minions might as well.

heretics bane
13-08-2008, 23:03
One of them easter eggs in the fluff? Hinting but not saying it the two systems are connected.

Pete278
13-08-2008, 23:30
He's a Lord of Change with the power of time travel. Its not exactly unlikely he'd be able to survive until Warhammer 40k.

Narf
14-08-2008, 00:06
Apart from the fact that the 2 universes are no longer linked.

40k is not warhammer in x000 years, nor was sigmar a lost primarch (though i beleive that you could play 40k/warhammer rules crossed in rogue trader/2nd/3rd edition warhammer? is that right?)

So time travel is out.

on the other hand with quantum physics and the idea of a multiverse maybe Chaos permiates all and can freely move between each universe, and if any one could do it'd be tzeentch :)

NARF

Hellebore
14-08-2008, 00:28
And the fact that Kugath, Kairos, Skulltaker, The Masque, Epidemius, The Changeling, Karanak, The Blue Scribes, et al are in both the 40k and WFB books wasn't enough? :confused:

Not to mention Nakari, Prince of Slannesh who fought the elves on Ulthuan and also stood on Horus' battlebarge...

Hellebore

Adra
14-08-2008, 09:00
I think the hint is more that Chaos is a constant no matter what reality you live in.

Sceleris82
14-08-2008, 09:46
Well aint the universes linked then ? If they use the same characters.
Hell one could claim Sigmar was a lost Primarch and was just thrown into the Fantasy dimension ( sounds kinda lame).

Grimtuff
14-08-2008, 10:01
I think the hint is more that Chaos is a constant no matter what reality you live in.

Not quite. It's a whole timey-wimey ball. Note how in WHFB Skulltaker's future form (as a Greater Daemon) is bound to Archaon's blade, the Slayer of Kings. Yet he can appear on battlefields in 40k and WHFB.

MvS
14-08-2008, 10:31
I suggest interested parties use the search function or look at the FAQs to find out more on the 'are the two universes linked' schtick.

This subject is one of the most recurrent on these boards and on the boards of Warseer's predecessor...

Starchild
21-08-2008, 10:20
Let's not forget who opened the Warp Gates at the poles of the Warhammer World: the Old Ones who fought the Necrontyr, who left the Slann behind to keep watch. It's quite clear that the Warhammer World is very much a part of the 40k galaxy. What's also clear is that it's entirely inaccessible, in part due to the Warp Gate accident that created the Chaos Wastes.

Basically, put a couple of permanent Warp Storms on the surface of a planet. No Navigator in the entire Imperium would be able to get through that.

Faustburg
21-08-2008, 11:24
No...

This is the way it works...

(MS Paint-fu):

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d89/-Dansun-/thewarp.jpg

Koryphaus
21-08-2008, 11:47
Blood Bowl isn't in the Fantasy world? Seriously? I always assumed it was just a part of the fantasy world. Though I suppose, they do have tv of a sort.

Faustburg
21-08-2008, 11:49
It is in a distorted mirror universe where everything is slightly more silly...