PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Balanced, Comp-easy Tourney Army

thisisntnotjt
14-08-2008, 01:08
Played this last night against a competitive dwarven anvil list. It was tough, but I pulled out a massacre against him in turn 6, mostly because he blew his anvil up the last turn trying to become immune to fear to save points. Sorry I don't have the exact names of items or points add ups; I'm at work...:evilgrin:

Herald of Khorne
Jugger
Firestorm Blade
Armor of Khorne

Herald of Nurgle
BSB
GIoSundering
Noxious Vapors
Stream of Bile
L.1

Herald of Tzeentch
Flames
Spell Breaker

20 BL
fc, icon of marching whenever I FEEL LIKE IT

19 Horrors
fc, IoSorcery

19 PBs
fc, Icon of re-rolling wounds forever and ever

8 furies

2 Beasts of Nurgle

6 flamers

8 Khorne dogs

Battle report to help explain list? Of course I will!

He got turn one, with a deployment on a big hill in the back of his zone just to the right of the center, my advance was partially covered by a small forest, which protected the flamers and dogs. The peppered my furies with crossbows and anvil strikes, and my beasts and PBs with flaming stone thrower, flame cannon, and a normal cannon.

The furies finally took out the flame cannon turn 3 when he used the anvil on something else. His hammerers ran in fear from my BLs, though they eventually hit his thunderers and hit the hammerers, sticking for 2 full turns.

The PBs hit his big warrior block with BSB, a combat last 3 full turns until they finally broke, allowing the PBs to hit the hammerers flank and win the game.

The flamers peppered things until him miners came on the board. They baited them into a charge, shaving off a rank and setting them up for a flank charge from the horrors.

The dogs ran full speed around the back, hitting a big block of longbeards who repositioned themselves to take the charge head on. Suprisingly, the combat lasted 3 full turns, staying with the stunties down to 2 dogs when the horrors hit their rear, breaking them.

The beasts did nothing but get hit by a flaming rock, killing one. They then proceeded to get wacked by the anvil so that the only thing they could do was stare menacingly at an organ gun until it misfired and blew up. I guess the succeeded in drawing fire from my main units, which is nice.

Anyways, there we have. Something I haven't seen around yet, but I think it may work. Any ideas?

yoshimo
14-08-2008, 09:11
looks very decent. Good mix of everything. Not sure about the size of your units but if it's working stick with it

Andrew Luke
14-08-2008, 14:21
3 Units of infantry that AREN'T minimum sized? OMG it looks like a daemon army actual design to play warhammer! Kudos to you sir! I give it a 4/5.

W A L 5 H Y
14-08-2008, 15:29
wow someone who has a +2000pts list with no greater deamon!!! Well done it will make the games a lot more fun. Also you can develop some nice tactics! Gd list

thisisntnotjt
14-08-2008, 17:10
Thanks guys, I think it'll hold up nicely. I'm going to play a game or two with it today, so we'll see how consistent it is.

yoshimo
14-08-2008, 21:15
maybe consider bringing the hounds up to 10 somehow and split them into 2 units for some added maneuverability

thisisntnotjt
15-08-2008, 17:11
I put them at 8 mostly because they tend to get targeted a bunch by shooting as they come up the battle field.

Alright, I managed to play two games yesterday. The first was against another dwarf player, though he wasn't very skilled and I throttled him in a break through scenario. Kinda sad, really.

Second game was against Dark Elves, my first game against the new book. He scored a solid victory against me, though I was attribute this mostly to my lack of experience against the new list. He threw all kinds of tricks at me, and even though two out of three of his sorceress' chose the lore of fire, which I used the GIoSundering on, I was still having problems with him getting his spells off.

Ultimately though, the BIG reason I lost the game, was because one of his units of shades that only had three elves left in it charged the flank of my bloodletters which were coming in for the kill on the core of his army. He lost combat and fled, but since I had hatred, I had to follow him into no mans land, effectively taking that unit out of the game... it was a bit frustrating, but I'll remember that when I play my other armies against dark elves are bloodletters or anything else with hatred. I think skinks would be quite good at doing that.

I'm not down and out yet, though. More adjustments and mini battle reoprts to come.

yoshimo
16-08-2008, 20:01
that new DE list has an unreasonably strong magic list, I can imagine it being common place now to play against heavy DE magic lists

thisisntnotjt
16-08-2008, 22:00
I'll have my chance to play him again. I bet I can shove it right up his nose with the exact same list without much of a problem now that I know what he has.