PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Kingdoms Leadbelchers...AUCH

Schelle
14-08-2008, 10:48
Last weekend I played a 2000 pts game, I used my OK army for the first time in all her glory and had to face an evenly threatening army of greenskins.

Second turn me unit of 5 leadbelchers get charged by a unit of 15 boarboys. As a charge reaction I stand and shoot, roll the dice and come up with a stunning 38 shots, NO MISSFIRE...after rolling the dice the wound it turned out that my belchers had wiped out the entire unit. My god, even my opponent was impressed and said he had never faced anything like this before.

Benigno (WE)
14-08-2008, 10:53
Lucky rolls win games ^_^

madden
14-08-2008, 11:03
Mine the other way for kills 2 blechers 20 shots ONE dead bowman we both laughed at the amount of shots and then the lack of wounds (belchers then shot to peices by there target next turn). Luck is the way some good some bad.

Malorian
14-08-2008, 14:31
Charging five ogres holding cannons does sound like a dangerous thing to do...

Could you post your list? It would be interesting to see what your lead beltcher list is like.

Schelle
14-08-2008, 15:55
Here's the list:

Tyrant called 'Bulgor Tak' with 'Wallcrusher', Tenderiser and gut maw. Also has heavy armour, ironfist and brace of handguns.

Butcher called 'Pin'edd' with Halfling Cookbook and dispel scroll

Butcher called 'Jaw'brekk' with Bangstick and dispel scroll

Bruiser called 'Scarr'og' with Battle Standard, Dragonhide banner, heavy armour, ironfist and brace of handguns

30 Gnoblars with Groinbiter

6 bulls with command

6 Ironguts with command and Bull Standard

5 Leadbelchers with command

Gorger (to take out those pesky spear chukka's, which he did, but only in the fifth turn, no luck with the dice there)

The list ended up a nice 2014 pts.

I did loose the game as my opponent choose to put his lord on a frikkin' wyvern. dammit.

Malorian
14-08-2008, 15:58
Wallcrusher... neat ; ) Have you had the chance to use it yet?

Yeah, ogres hate flying monsters....

Schelle
14-08-2008, 16:11
Not really. Although I have to say I was quite impressed with the Gut magic. Almost all spells went through and only two wounds suffered on my butchers. I was able to cast 'Trollguts' three times on my Ironguts, this gave them enough regeneration to withstand those damn spear chukka's.

I am thinking of getting two giants next and give my Tyrant the 'Giant Breaker' big name. Have to collect the necessary cash first though LOL

ben1337
18-08-2008, 02:43
Here's the list:

Tyrant called 'Bulgor Tak' with 'Wallcrusher', Tenderiser and gut maw. Also has heavy armour, ironfist and brace of handguns.

Can u have Teanderiser and Ironfist?

and donīt u have to have 4 core units in a 2000 pts game?

ROCKY
18-08-2008, 11:42

nope only 3 ^_^

Schelle
18-08-2008, 11:47

That's actually a good question. Don't really know the answer to that one. Is does state that the Tyrant can choose great weapon OR ironfist, so doesn't really state he can combine the weapons.:confused:

I believe 2000 pts is 3+ core units, which are my gnoblars, bulls and ironguts.:D

Schelle
18-08-2008, 12:10
Sorry, previous reply is a bit confusing as I put my answer together with the quote, still new at this (LOL), so here is the question and answer/question again. Cheers ;-)

That's actually a good question. Don't really know the answer to that one. Is does state that the Tyrant can choose great weapon OR ironfist, so doesn't really state he can combine the weapons.

narrativium
25-08-2008, 14:53
The Tyrant can be equipped with Tenderiser and Ironfist, but has to choose which he's actually using at the start of the combat, as the Tenderiser is two-handed.

vladsimpaler
25-08-2008, 17:35
Nice!

In a Gamesday battle, I -stupidly- had my Crypt Ghouls in range of 3 Lead Belchers. They fired like 28 shots, and destroyed 15 of them!

There was only 3 left, and then some Maneaters came in and destroyed them.

Of course, then the other time another unit of 3 fired around 20 shots at a Vargulf (or whatever they're called), and only wounded once, which was then promptly regenerated.

TomGuadalupe
04-09-2008, 02:08
Wow perhaps i have been bunking myself.

I play ogres and was always under the impression that leadbelchers could not stand and shoot.

I thought this because the stand and shoot rule states if you have a "missile" weapon you can stand and shoot.

Since the bealchers are using cannons and the weapon type is not listed under missile weapons in the main book i assumed the did not count has carrying missile weapons.

Am i off base here?

Lord Dan
04-09-2008, 02:16
I'm pretty sure it specifically says you can stand and shoot with leadbelchers under their description.

Malorian
04-09-2008, 13:18
You CAN stand and shoot.

Second lastparagragh on page 33.

Nerhesi
04-09-2008, 16:42
Last weekend I played a 2000 pts game, I used my OK army for the first time in all her glory and had to face an evenly threatening army of greenskins.

Second turn me unit of 5 leadbelchers get charged by a unit of 15 boarboys. As a charge reaction I stand and shoot, roll the dice and come up with a stunning 38 shots, NO MISSFIRE...after rolling the dice the wound it turned out that my belchers had wiped out the entire unit. My god, even my opponent was impressed and said he had never faced anything like this before.

Sounds like you forgot to actually roll to hit... 38 shots.. hitting on a 5+ then wounding on a 4+?

Then again, hey - lucky rolls win games! :)

Embalmed
04-09-2008, 17:16
Wow that was some nifty dice rolling :P 'Course with 5 leadies you actually have a good chance of killing enough to cause a panic test.

I have ample memories of times when my leadies have tried to shoot something and ended up causing 0 wounds to the enemy but a bunch of wounds to themselves, we used to joke that they forgot that the end with the hole in it points to the enemy. I almost never use them any more.

Course, what with the new armies churning out nasty but fragile models, they may yet come back in fashion.

gd09garett
07-09-2008, 00:21
The Tyrant can be equipped with Tenderiser and Ironfist, but has to choose which he's actually using at the start of the combat, as the Tenderiser is two-handed.

Not sure about this answer because my understanding was that if you took a magic weapon you MUST use the magic weapon unless you have a specific exception [like the Bretts with a lance].

eagletsi1
07-09-2008, 14:45
Actually wasn't he hitting on 4's because lead belchers ignore shooting penalties. I think

But I agree I think he thought they we hits, not that they were shots and that he still had to roll to hit on 4+

Embalmed
08-09-2008, 15:15
Actually wasn't he hitting on 4's because lead belchers ignore shooting penalties.

They ignore some penalties: moving, range and multiple shot to be exact, but not all, skirmishing/single character, stand-and-shoot and terrain still apply.