PDA

View Full Version : 1K beasts

wizuriel
14-08-2008, 18:40
Have a friend that wants to start a BoC army. I've never played or seen a BoC list in action so have no idea whats really good or bad. Just glanced through the book and copied from other lists. Generally he wants an ambushy force.

anyways any thoughts to what I throw together for a 1k list

Wargor: Sword of Might + Pelt of the Dark Young + shield + harm = 109
LVL2 Bray-Shaman: Staff of Darkoth + chaos armour = 151

14 Bestigors + musician + banner = 186
Beast Herd: 5 Gors, 5 Ungors + foe = 75
Beast Herd: 5 Gors, 5 Ungors + foe = 75|
5 warhounds = 30
Tuskgor Chariot = 85

3 Dragon Ogres + great weapons + light armour = 237

figure the wargor can do with the bestigors. No idea where to stick the shaman. hopefully the speed of the army can make up for its shortcomings?

edit: I added foerenders to make ambushing easier. Figure the 2 herds can be used to ambush and everything else start on the field

ukko
14-08-2008, 20:49
I've only played against BoC but I'd swap the bestigors for a unit of minos and another unit of hounds. Bestigors tend to get left behind by the quicker stuff and isolated in my experience, this way he can be on them really early - the main strength of beasts IMO. If he mounts the wargor in the chariot he can act as a sweeper/combat tipper.

Just my opinion mind

wizuriel
14-08-2008, 21:18
I didn't think BoC heroes could be put in chariots

WhiteKnight
15-08-2008, 05:12
only lords excluding doombull can be in a chariot. As for the army, I see 1 major issue. The beast herds are too small for ambush. I run them in units of 11 gors and 7 ungors. And yes, you need more warhounds. As for adding minos, they are very expensive in 1k points. Each one is 40 points plus upgrades. Also, where are the Marks of Chaos? Beastmen characters sometimes need those upgrades. I run nurgle so my characters have fear and +1 wound. Imagine a Doombull with 5 wounds and is beasting with a unit of 5 minos. Simply amazing. And pestigors are always good. They look cool and play well.

wizuriel
15-08-2008, 05:15
figured with 1k marks are too expensive so going undivided.

so how should an ambushing beast list at 1k look?

popisdead
15-08-2008, 06:27
Make a super herd instead of beastigors. drop the beast banner in there and a mage with the goretooth and staff of dakkoth then a wargor w/ a gw and chaos armour. it'll mow through lots. make the BSB Nurgle for extra better-ness.

you ONLY take a wargor w/ GW and chaos armour. w/ a 360 degree 10" charge and possibility of 20" charge you don't need a shield.

I'd try to get more chariots.

wizuriel
15-08-2008, 17:22
Make a super herd instead of beastigors. drop the beast banner in there and a mage with the goretooth and staff of dakkoth then a wargor w/ a gw and chaos armour. it'll mow through lots. make the BSB Nurgle for extra better-ness.

you ONLY take a wargor w/ GW and chaos armour. w/ a 360 degree 10" charge and possibility of 20" charge you don't need a shield.

I'd try to get more chariots.

that mage would be illegal with 2 arcane items and this would offer none of the heroes protection

Lord_of_end_times
15-08-2008, 17:30
I would boost the numbers in the herds because they are going to die and then cause lots of panic. One Love